Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    soap-operatic punk-unpop-synth with a non-binary post-seinen manga feel, on the gender fluid multilingual anthropocene set; from a solar powered sail boat called "How Dare You" (without a holler back at, yet with that, 'after-Kitty' affect)
    Maybe it’s because I’m an older person, but I didn’t understand a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Fantastic Member

Just call it X-Men Academy. I'd actually make it sort of similar to the My Hero Academia anime.

We get the perspective of a new student being recruited. School festivals. Romance. Training. Homework. Just with you know the X-Men as your teachers. Has to pick their squad. Competition between Wind Dancer's group and Hellion's. Class rankings. Field trips to familiar places with X-Men as guides.

Throw in some villain attacks and sentinels we got some drama.

Keep it simple and friendly to new viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn't want too large or too rotating a cast. When Justice League turned into Justice League Unlimited, it lost my interest. Young Justice's timeskips weren't my favorite thing either.
    Thing is, with X-Men you either go big or go home.

Young Justice but is mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Maybe it’s because I’m an older person, but I didn’t understand a word.
    I don’t think that’s the reason, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Just call it X-Men Academy. I'd actually make it sort of similar to the My Hero Academia anime.

We get the perspective of a new student being recruited. School festivals. Romance. Training. Homework. Just with you know the X-Men as your teachers. Has to pick their squad. Competition between Wind Dancer's group and Hellion's. Class rankings. Field trips to familiar places with X-Men as guides.

But then you’re just creating a corporate branded My Hero Academia knock-off. Seems a tad cynical to me, like if they’d brought back Blade for tweens after Twilight, except now Blade is at high school with werewolf friends and glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    But then you’re just creating a corporate branded My Hero Academia knock-off. .
    I think that is pretty much X-men Evolution with more MHA elements. One of the more frustrating part of X-men not having a teen based book is that stuff like MHA,CW Legacies,etc are clear taking from the X-men playbook. Are you really rip off of something that rip off from you in the first place?

Excalibur or/and Captain Britain TAS

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post

New Mutants vol 2/New X-Men Academy X? That would be best saved for later seasons. They could do that eventually (using later introduced students as well), but they should introduce the X-Men proper first.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A cartoon where if they go the teen route someone else's fave is turned into the Auntie Teacher. If they go all adult a TAS revival. I'm easy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Some version of Academy X.

BANNED

I think a cartoon is inevitable. What do I want from it? Basically, some slight improvements on Evo and Wolvie and the X:

1. Not a comment on the previous X-series, but instead a critique of other recent kids content: the show must absolutely not be dumbed down and talk down to kids. Kids can handle long arcs. They can handle themes. They can handle a couple of layers.

2. I want the art and animation sleek and stylish. It needs to be cool and slightly weird-looking, like the X-Men. No wackiness. Model it after Silvestri art in Morrison and I would be very pleased.

3. For the love of god, have everyone be at comic-accurate age proportions. Storm should be in high school if Jean is in high school. Ideally, they would be grown, with Kitty and the New Mutants being around high school age.

I want Marvel/Disney to get better with their animation before they do X-Men.

It's trash and just a glorified advertisement for their films. There needs to be serious changes in attitudes and the people in charge of animation. I don't think that's going to happen, so the X-Men cartoon will likely be of the same crappy quality as the other current Marvel cartoons.

Disney+ may cause Marvel/Disney to put actual quality in their animated efforts, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-29-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I want Marvel/Disney to get better with their animation before they do X-Men.

It's trash and just a glorified advertisement for their films. There needs to be serious changes in attitudes and the people in charge of animation. I don't think that's going to happen, so the X-Men cartoon will likely be of the same crappy quality as the other current Marvel cartoons.

Disney+ may cause Marvel/Disney to put actual quality in their animated efforts, but I'm not holding my breath.
    To be fair, Marvel Studios is getting into animation with What If?. That's why I have hope, because it's possible Marvel Studios could expand into general Marvel entertainment. That, and Disney+ being a premium service, I'd expect more than what the cable networks are putting out.

It's a sad fact that Loeb is the head of Marvel Animation. He's like this millstone that's keeping Marvel animated series from reaching their true greatness. They could make some of the best animated shows out there, just as good as what DC puts out regularly, and instead we're left crap more often than not.

derrick j wyatt as art director
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate