Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default WONDER WOMAN FAMILY! Who's In It And Why? Do They Get Their Own Comic?

There's definitely a crackling of interest, in several threads, recently, ..in seeing Donna Cassie, Queen Hippolyta and other Wonderverse denizens interacting with each other in a single comic. While it hasn't been a concept, since the Gail Simone run - hasn't been a comic BRAND, since the Kanigher Sixties - the Wonder Woman Family is a very real thing to WW fans, ..but, what is it, exactly?

Who is in it? Just Diana and her sisters? Will male characters - heroic Hercules, Mister Genie, Prince Jason, Achilles - be counted?

Do you think they deserve their own comic? Who would read it? How do you think it would do, commercially?

My picks are probably a little idiosyncratic. The Wonders, as I see them are characters, created for use in the Wonder Woman comic ..or so closely associated with the comic that we fans might consider them honorary members. I also followed the WOGs model; if the Wonderverse finds itself in a Crisis-level battle, who shows up for the fight?

Wonder Woman
    Etta Candy
    Steve Trevor
    Ferdinand the Minotaur
    Donna Troy
    Artemis
    Wonder Girl
    Queen Hippolyta
    Prince Jason
    Queen Desira of Venus
    Mala
    Nubia
    Hercules
    Achilles
    Mister Genie
    Fury

Who is the Wonder Woman Family, as see it? think about it, for a minute...

Who shows up for that iconic battle, when the Wonderverse is burning, and it seems all hope is lost? Which Wonder-related heroes will choose to spend their final, harrowing moments, fighting at Diana's side ..to decide the fate of the world?!

I think Sensation Comics could be revived to feature stories, built around various Wonder-related characters. Rather than an anthology comic, I think the new SC could revolve around different Wonders - two issues with Troy, another two with Artemis, one with Hercules ..and another with Fury or Jason.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-28-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

The thing is that some of these are smaller comics they don't need a comic. Please, more people don't like Jason due to the fact he was poorly planned. We could easily have had Cassie or Donna be the ones. If we want any of the people to have their own character they have to all be properly introduced. Some characters at times do need to stay in the past. Other should be updated. Not all characters should get teheir own comics. With how Steve is treated he needs to have at least another oneshot. I mean we don't know his likes or dislikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    There's definitely a crackling of interest, in several threads, recently, ..in seeing Donna Cassie, Queen Hippolyta and other Wonderverse denizens interacting with each other in a single comic. While it hasn't been a concept, since the Gail Simone run - hasn't been a comic BRAND, since the Kanigher Sixties - the Wonder Woman Family is a very real thing to WW fans, ..but, what is it, exactly?

Who is in it? Just Diana and her sisters? Will male characters - heroic Hercules, Mister Genie, Prince Jason, Achilles - be counted?

Do you think they deserve their own comic? Who would read it? How do you think it would do, commercially?

My picks are probably a little idiosyncratic. The Wonders, as I see them are characters, created for use in the Wonder Woman comic ..or so closely associated with the comic that we fans might consider them honorary members. I also followed the WOGs model; if the Wonderverse finds itself in a Crisis-level battle, who shows up for the fight?

Wonder Woman
    Etta Candy
    Steve Trevor
    Ferdinand the Minotaur
    Donna Troy
    Artemis
    Wonder Girl
    Queen Hippolyta
    Prince Jason
    Queen Desira of Venus
    Mala
    Nubia
    Hercules
    Achilles
    Mister Genie
    Fury

Who is the Wonder Woman Family, as see it? think about it, for a minute...

Who shows up for that iconic battle, when the Wonderverse is burning, and it seems all hope is lost? Which Wonder-related heroes will choose to spend their final, harrowing moments, fighting at Diana's side ..to decide the fate of the world?!

I think Sensation Comics could be revived to feature stories, built around various Wonder-related characters. Rather than an anthology comic, I think the new SC could revolve around different Wonders - two issues with Troy, another two with Artemis, one with Hercules ..and another with Fury or Jason.
    You're far more inclusive than I would be, to me the Wonder Woman Family are the core not just a list of allies.

Diana
    Hippolyta
    Donna
    Cassie
    Nubia and
    Artemis

All of them have actually worn the mantle of Wonder Woman, anyone else is secondary. The B Squad is...

Steve Trevor
    Ferdinand
    Jason
    Achilles Warkiller
    Grace Choi
    Hessia
    Etta Candy
    Antiope
    Atalanta and Diana's outside of continuity children
    Hunter Prince
    Jonathon 1 & 2
    Lara and
    Fury

Do the superhero families typically include characters, like Lois and Alfred, ..or are they reserved for peole of power? I listed Steve and Etta, because the Family comics used to include stories about Jimmy Olsen and Alfred.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

The hard part is it's not that they don't deserve it, more of the far how do you go back it? They have never used the characters well recently. We have Steve not being an interesting character. Jimmy really is the only one with regular comics for long periods of time. Other characters are more mini or short-lived series

Superman Family used to feature stories about Lois and Jimmy. What would a similar Wonder family comic feature?

Certainly of Donna Troy, Artemis, the Amazons...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-28-2019 at 05:56 PM.

I don't know. The big difference is the fact they made them establishment characters before giving them their own comics. Cassie and Donna are useless and can honestly no longer be considered Wonder Woman family if they aren't ever going to be used. That's the issue Steve, Etta, Cassie, and Donna are not fleshed out characters. If you give them their own comics would people read them?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don't know. The big difference is the fact they made them establishment characters before giving them their own comics. Cassie and Donna are useless and can honestly no longer be considered Wonder Woman family if they aren't ever going to be used. That's the issue Steve, Etta, Cassie, and Donna are not fleshed out characters. If you give them their own comics would people read them?
    Do you think it's time to install Drusilla or a new Fury, for exclusive use in the WW comics? I think its ridiculous that the two existing Wonder Girls are BOTH under editorial control of other comics...

Crazy! What good is there having a WG, if the WW comic can't freely use them? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Do you think it's time to install Drusilla or a new Fury, for exclusive use in the WW comics? I think its ridiculous that the two existing Wonder Girls are BOTH under editorial control of other comics...

Crazy! What good is there having a WG, if the WW comic can't freely use them? Seriously.
    I guess you could favorably consider them ambassadors for the brand, but you have a good point. I'd love a new Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I guess you could favorably consider them ambassadors for the brand, but you have a good point. I'd love a new Fury.
    I think we need someone from the Island or myth, playing the WG role, ..even if she isn't technically or officially Wonder Girl or Donna.

Othereise, what good is a WW family?

I would love to see Fury make a comeback. I don't know why but Hunter was a better fit for a modern-day male character. I would love Donna. However, who would Druscilla be?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I would love to see Fury make a comeback. I don't know why but Hunter was a better fit for a modern-day male character. I would love Donna. However, who would Druscilla be?
    Drusilla could be Donna's civilian identity.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm suggesting the WW comic might need a character, who isn't Donna or Cassie, and is fully (and I mean FULLY) under editorial control of the WW comic, ..to play a WG role in WW stories. A new, young Fury, free for WW writers to use, as they wish, might solve this problem.

I suppose a new Drusilla, a separate character from Donna or Cassie, might also fix this.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-28-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Maybe Drusilla could be Diana's other daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    That name was taken by Cassie for her civilian identity in her mini-series. There are already 2 Wonder Girls. I think we need a violent street level character that's an equal or tier below Artemis who uses guns and discarded Themysciran artifacts like the Sandals of Hermes and Gauntlet of Atlas instead of actual powers and place her in a costume similar to Diana's from the Odyssey and call her Fury. I'm thinking of an angry American Amazon cross between Manhunter/Kate Spencer and Huntress.