Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Not sure how many here follow it, but Artemis (along with Bizarro) returned to the main Earth in the last issue of Red Hood. Just in time to see the Doom sign. That said, barring Diana (and I guess Cassie with Bendis?), it seems Artemis is in a good spot with the Dark Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not sure how many here follow it, but Artemis (along with Bizarro) returned to the main Earth in the last issue of Red Hood. Just in time to see the Doom sign. That said, barring Diana (and I guess Cassie with Bendis?), it seems Artemis is in a good spot with the Dark Trinity.
    Good, I love her! She's way better than Donna or Cassie in my book because she's so saucy and salty.

Wonder Woman
    Steve Trevor
    Etta Candy
    Artemis
    Cassie
    Donna
    Hippolyta
    Nubia
    Ferdinand
    Jumpa
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    But that's already been done in Cassie's mini-series, and you're right, she didn't like him.
    Well, the Perez Hercules (Herakles) fought beside his Amazon sisters, against Circe, in WOGs. He was forgiven by Hippolyta; I think he's paid his dues. As for fake, misandrist fantasy Herc, introduced by Bill Loebs, ..he didn't have benefit of the influence of his beloved companion, Hylas.

I think, since Cassie lives in DCU's answer to Frisco, giving her a superhuman gay couple for confidants isn't the worst thing you could to her.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-25-2019 at 01:07 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I think Donna is most deserving of a title and would be the most interesting to develop storylines for... but, I'd have to take it back to the Perezian Donna to make it work. I see her as an artist and commercial artist, and occasional photojournalist, through her skills and flair for photography. She'd be a bit of a jet-setter and work with designers and their models and magazines and different DCU brands as well as her own fine art. She'd kind of interpret all these things through the lens of being a superhero and how all the aforementioned things I listed function in a world that includes superheroes. Give her an assistant, have her meet up with Vixen for a modeling shoot in Rome, have her capture the atrocities that villains create with poignant moments captured on film to influence and tell a story of situations for regular people across the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I think Donna is most deserving of a title and would be the most interesting to develop storylines for... but, I'd have to take it back to the Perezian Donna to make it work. I see her as an artist and commercial artist, and occasional photojournalist, through her skills and flair for photography. She'd be a bit of a jet-setter and work with designers and their models and magazines and different DCU brands as well as her own fine art. She'd kind of interpret all these things through the lens of being a superhero and how all the aforementioned things I listed function in a world that includes superheroes. Give her an assistant, have her meet up with Vixen for a modeling shoot in Rome, have her capture the atrocities that villains create with poignant moments captured on film to influence and tell a story of situations for regular people across the DCU.
    Now that it seems Ocean City is in the rearview, do you see Donna in Gateway or Washington, D.C.?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I think Pandora could make for an interesting supporting character. Especially if they restore Diana's clay origin. I have an idea of her being a magic teacher for the Amazons and becoming an ally in a war against the Olympians.

I'd like to see Deilan Peng be used in the books as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    ...I'd like to see Deilan Peng be used in the books as well.
    A proper Wonder Woman Family should include Wonder-Woman of China (Deilan)...absolutely! With Mala, Nubia and Genro, also...

And a big, goofy lady dog, ..named SPARTA! Wonder Woman needs a dog, and that dog needs her own pair of magic bracelets.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-10-2019 at 12:24 AM.

The question is how and why. She is a white snake that can transform into a woman. I mean she fights against China right? This also be a change to reintroduce I-Chiang

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The question is how and why. She is a white snake that can transform into a woman. I mean she fights against China right? This also be a change to reintroduce I-Chiang
    I don't know why some of us have such an issue, with Wonderverse that includes I Ching or other heroes, who aren't Greek myth-inspired, ..or who have come from sci-fi or spy thriller genres. The WW comic is such an imaginative work, crossing and mixing different genres and popular stories. I Ching makes the Wonderverse a broader, more powerful stage, upon which to tell Diana's story.

Shouldn't we welcome that?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-10-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I don't know why some of us have such an issue, with Wonderverse that includes I Ching or other heroes, who aren't Greek myth-inspired, ..or who have come from sci-fi or spy thriller genres. The WW comic is such an imaginative work, crossing and mixing different genres and popular stories. I Ching makes the Wonderverse a broader, more powerful stage, upon which to tell Diana's story.

Shouldn't we welcome that?
    Wanting non Greek characters is one thing. Wanting a racist stereotype from an era most WW fans and writers are embarrassed by is another.

Wanting non Greek characters is one thing. Wanting a racist stereotype from an era most WW fans and writers are embarrassed by is another.
    Have you seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? In it Mickey Rooney plays a racist Asian stereotype that he later apologized for but nevertheless I was deeply offended by. From what I've read of the Mod era I-Ching doesn't seem any more racist than Mr. Miyagi. Beyond his name which almost sounds like a slur what am I missing? Not trying to be funny, facetious or dismissive I'm only seeking enlightenment.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 12-11-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Have you seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? In it Mickey Rooney plays a racist Asian stereotype that he later apologized for but nevertheless I was deeply offended by. From what I've read of the Mod era I-Ching doesn't seem any more racist than Mr. Miyagi. Beyond his name which almost sounds like a slur what am I missing? Not trying to be funny, facetious or dismissive I'm only seeking enlightenment.
    Its very close to a slur, at least in spelling.

The name I-Ching is also the name of an important text in taoism. It would be like naming a European character "bible". Then there is his design which just screams "outdated 70s depiction of Asian people".

Hmm this position feels like it needs explanation.

But that's already been done in Cassie's mini-series, and you're right, she didn't like him.
    Hmm... could still be interesting to have Cassie and Hercules bump into each other every now and then.