Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Big Hero Six was completely redesigned by Disney. The characters don't seem to resemble the Marvel Universe versions at all. They also have had no interaction with the Marvel Universe on film or TV, existing in a world completely separate from Captain America, Spider-Man and so forth.

Lastly, neither the Disney version nor the original Marvel interpretation of the team has had any major appearances in the publishing side of Marvel Comics since the film debuted. If Disney went their own way with the property, I don't think it would improve the popularity of the O.G. versions of the Royal Family. (If anything they would be forgotten and replaced in people's minds by some kid friendly goofball "toons." Much like how Steve Gerber's Howard the Duck comic is completely overshadowed by the terrible George Lucas film version in our collective memory. )
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The Inhumans are still pretty toxic due to that god awful show and how they were used on Agents of SHIELD. It will be at least another 5 to 10 years before that stench is gone and they give them another look.
    I'm pretty sure people were fine with the Inhumans on Agents of SHIELD. It seems like the Inhumans that get the most hate are the royal family who were the stars of the Inhumans t.v. show.

BANNED

Inhumans on SHIELD was fine.
    The royal family show was terrible.

BANNED

My feeling has always been that the Inhumans have potential and all but it was a mistake to retool them into X-Men stand-ins. The Inhumans are fantastic-weird and have more in common with Wakanda, with the Eternals, with the Asgardians then they do with an urban school-centric and teen-centric group of misfits.

The TV Show with its low budget and bad set design is obviously a weak way to go. You need to do Medusa's prehensile hair right, otherwise what is the point.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

The Inhumans are still pretty toxic due to that god awful show and how they were used on Agents of SHIELD. It will be at least another 5 to 10 years before that stench is gone and they give them another look.
    The Fantastic Four has to be the most toxic property around and it seems like they're giving them another chance. I think the problem is that there's no successful run or usagee to point to, other than a solo character like Ms. Marvel. It's hard to latch onto anything with inhumans that would make you jump to invest in them again.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How many people are aware of the show though? It was thrown into the Friday night death slot, there was no discussion surrounding it and it was quickly forgotten once it ended. Disney can give it another crack and wipe the slate clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I mean look what Disney did with the Big Hero 6 team when they got Marvel. So why not let them have a shot with the Inhumans and be the bridge between the causal Disney viewers and the hardcore Marvel fans ?

Also Disney is always about family and Royalty and what bigger than the Inhuman Royal family ?

Plus they're doing an animated Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur series and Moon Girl has small connections to the Inhumans ?

Besides with how diverse the Inhumans can be and with Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan entering the scene why not bring let Disney try their hands at reviving the Inhumans with a Disney animated twist ?

As fans of Disney and/or Inhumans what do you think of it ?
    Pretending like the TV show didn't exist from last year doesn't make for a good worthwhile question. That should also be addressed in your initial question, was the show so bad you blocked it out or are simply so unaware you don't know it happened?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How many people are aware of the show though? It was thrown into the Friday night death slot, there was no discussion surrounding it and it was quickly forgotten once it ended. Disney can give it another crack and wipe the slate clean.
    Exactly. And people aren't going to click on the Inhumans show on Disney Plus just because it's there. They're probably not gonna feature it. It's weird that they're even going to include it in the service to be honest.

The last two film of the X-Men were terrible and brought losses of over $150 million dollars to Disney. It's fresh in people's mind, but people are going to watch any Marvel movie, which everyone knows is on another level than an network TV show that rivals shows like Hawaii 5.0. (which "Inhumans" resembled a lot aesthetically)
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 09-29-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

With the Eternals movie under production, and Marvel getting the rights to mutants from Fox, it's going to be a crowded MCU Earth with all those offshoots of humanity. With AoS ending, we need something to bridge the gap before Kamala's Disney+ show airs. But Disney and Marvel don't have to re-introduce a coherent Inhuman society wholesale; it can be eased into the MCU gradually.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Why would Disney animation have an interest in The Inhumans?

Forget that its a marvel property, what makes them worth doing by disney?
    Princess in Crystal, Royal Family problems...typical things one would find in Disney films, but with a superhero twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    they already took a chance and gave them a tv show
    is taking one of the worst properties you could possibly ever choose for a tv budget and giving it a bad showrunner taking a chance or an attempt to make some bread while you sabotage

anyway general audiences don't think about this stuff that often so whenever they want to do something with the property they'll just do it and people will line up if it's up to standards
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

As good as Big Hero was it was not remotely the same property from the comics and they could only get away with changing it that much because nobody knew who they were. Stan and Jack properties are a different case.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Thor 5 aka Thor V. Inhumans- I was a fan of Thor's dynamic with Black Bolt in the Avengers Assemble cartoon so I'd probably do a thor sequel where he stumbles upon Atillan while he's traveling in space.

What if Disney were stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    What if Disney were stupid?
    they're filming an eternals movie
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate