Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Okay, Supergirl Superman is not the Donner Superman. He is clearly BASED ON the Donner Superman but they are not meant to be the same person. We know next to nothing about this universes version of Superman but one of the things we do know is that his ship and Krypton look nothing like the movie versions.
    Assassinate Putin!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

A thought just came to me, what if they have taken Routh out of Legends to reposition him as Kingdom Come Superman in a regular role on one of the other CW shows? Supergirl, perhaps?

Either way, it's the only thing that would make sense of that thoroughly perplexing decision to basically fire him from Legends. That show really went downhill last season and Routh, along with Tala Ashe and Caity Lotz, were the only ones really keeping it aloft. Well, OK, Dominic Purcell too but Mick was barely used.

Though, honestly, I would totally be there for a new Superman film with Brendan Routh. He's such a great fit for the character and he has both grown physically into the role over the years (he was a wee bit too young in Returns) and as an actor. He was the best thing about Returns (along with the soundtrack) and I would love to see what he could do with the character with a better script.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The last thing I'd want for Brandon Routh's Superman is to exist in the same Earth as Kara because he will probably be belittled just like the other Superman constantly is in order to make Supergirl look far superior. Why would any real Superman fan want that for the character??!!

If he can exist in his own Earth/Universe and be top dog there, that sound much better. Or just give him a mini series on HBO Max or the DCU app. I mean, if he turns out really great during the crossover. At least he looks the part amazingly well.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The last thing I'd want for Brandon Routh's Superman is to exist in the same Earth as Kara because he will probably be belittled just like the other Superman constantly is in order to make Supergirl look far superior. Why would any real Superman fan want that for the character??!!

If he can exist in his own Earth/Universe and be top dog there, that sound much better. Or just give him a mini series on HBO Max or the DCU app. I mean, if he turns out really great during the crossover. At least he looks the part amazingly well.
    Oh, I would totally love to see him get his own show. But joining another show is at least slightly more likely.

But, yeah, they would need to do something interesting with him. He can't and shouldn't upstage Supergirl in her own show, as you say, but - Actually, yeah, I'm not sure. Routh is way too young to play an elder statesman type of character so I'm not sure what else they would do with him.

Honestly, I just find him to be such a likeable screen presence and such a good Superman that I would just love to have him stick around DC's live-action shows/ movies in some form or another.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Oh, I would totally love to see him get his own show. But joining another show is at least slightly more likely.

But, yeah, they would need to do something interesting with him. He can't and shouldn't upstage Supergirl in her own show, as you say, but - Actually, yeah, I'm not sure. Routh is way too young to play an elder statesman type of character so I'm not sure what else they would do with him.

Honestly, I just find him to be such a likeable screen presence and such a good Superman that I would just love to have him stick around DC's live-action shows/ movies in some form or another.
    I totally understand, I always loved him as Superman, but he can't be part of the Supergirl universe because he won't be top dog (they already told us several times she is the best), and if he isn't Earth's champion, then I don't care about it at all. I won't enjoy a lesser version of my fave character. I rather have nothing.