Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Not powerful enough to avoid getting beat up by Cap.

At that moment, he was blocked from the Thorforce by the Earth pantheon council and his son being held hostage by Balder.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I disagree, i think it was a pretty good and epic ending for the Thor mythos, as tragic it was. That's why i'm not a fan of the MCU version.
    Given the situation the writer was placed in, having to end things quickly, I thought they did a very nice job, there's no part of it I don't like really, and I dead well enjoyed more than any Thor story in the last few years for any of its faults

Back to op question, imo he was well beyond elder god status, defeating TWSAIS is hard to level, but they were at least elder gods in power if they perpetuated the Ragnarok cycle and fed on it

Based on the small range of feats like that, and breaking the fate cycle, I would place him well beyond any other god except Hercules in the chaos war when he was a meta skyfather

Universal in power surpassing say the stranger, rivalling a truly full powered galactus as is rarely seen
    Last edited by kilderkin; 09-30-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Given the situation the writer was placed in, having to end things quickly, I thought they did a very nice job, there's no part of it I don't like really, and I dead well enjoyed more than any Thor story in the last few years for any of its faults

Back to op question, imo he was well beyond elder god status, defeating TWSAIS is hard to level, but they were at least elder gods in power if they perpetuated the Ragnarok cycle and fed on it

Based on the small range of feats like that, and breaking the fate cycle, I would place him well beyond any other god except Hercules in the chaos war when he was a meta skyfather

Universal in power surpassing say the stranger, rivalling a truly full powered galactus as is rarely seen
    Agree. I also really liked the Beta Ray Bill miniseries that followed this story.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Let us never speak of that travesty of a story ever again. It made zero sense, it was a complete non-sequitur, and it was effectively a ‘let’s find a way to write out Thor from the MU so we can cancel the book’.
    Actually it was rather well-written and made plenty of sense. It absolutely made more sense than Aaron just having Thor copy Odin's actions of hanging from Yggdrasil which somehow reforges Mjolnir for his shitty WotR climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    You could get around it with a story that makes it clear that was simply the end of the false, parasitic Ragnarok cycle. Now they know that any signs of the Ragnarok can only be fore the real thing.
    Ragnarok Cycles themselves should and indeed are now being ignored by editors. They are an artefact of a different way of thinking in comic book writing.

But so many people think that anything that has been published previously is set in stone at Marvel. Which again isn’t how editors generally think.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-01-2019 at 06:07 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Ragnarok Cycles themselves should and indeed are now being ignored by editors. They are an artefact of a different way of thinking in comic book writing.

But so many people think that anything that has been published previously is set in stone at Marvel. Which again isn’t how editors generally think.
    Ragnarok cycles were mentioned more then once throughout the years.

not just in Thor comics.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Ragnarok cycles were mentioned more then once throughout the years.

not just in Thor comics.
    The first Ragnarok story was from the 1970's and it introduced the forgotten character Red Norvell.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Editors weren't this neglectful to continuity before the Quesada era. We have all the right ti complain about continuity mistakes and out of character moments.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Editors weren't this neglectful to continuity before the Quesada era. We have all the right ti complain about continuity mistakes and out of character moments.
    Indeed, it is exactly why some fans complain...total lack of regard for continuity.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Cows have everything to do with his strength.
    He drinks goats milk if that's what you are getting at.