Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default How powerful is Rune King Thor?

I've heard speculation from one end of the spectrum to the next on Rune King Thor's feats and power levels. Can someone please clarify for me how powerful RKT is?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Not powerful enough to avoid getting beat up by Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Not powerful enough to avoid getting beat up by Cap.

That's just king Thor from Dan Jurgens run. I'm talking about the Thor from the Ragnarok story that ended Vol. 2

Besides, King Thor wrecked Hulk and Thing together.

I think Thor deserves more respect than overexposed characters like Wolverine.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

if you believe that Those Who Sit Above in Shadows are Beyonders then he is near LT in power.

if not then he is Universal or mini Multiversal if you accept that every realm has Universe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    if you believe that Those Who Sit Above in Shadows are Beyonders then he is near LT in power.

if not then he is Universal or mini Multiversal if you accept that every realm has Universe in it.
    I think he's at least twice as powerful as Classic Odin.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    That's just king Thor from Dan Jurgens run. I'm talking about the Thor from the Ragnarok story that ended Vol. 2

Besides, King Thor wrecked Hulk and Thing together.

I think Thor deserves more respect than overexposed characters like Wolverine.
    I was joking dude.

I'm talking about the Thor from the Ragnarok story that ended Vol. 2.
    Let us never speak of that travesty of a story ever again. It made zero sense, it was a complete non-sequitur, and it was effectively a ‘let’s find a way to write out Thor from the MU so we can cancel the book’.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Let us never speak of that travesty of a story ever again. It made zero sense, it was a complete non-sequitur, and it was effectively a ‘let’s find a way to write out Thor from the MU so we can cancel the book’.
    And it completely took away the chance of a real Ragnarok story in the Marvel Universe.

It needs to be a mega epic, it is after all the Twilight of the Gods

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    And it completely took away the chance of a real Ragnarok story in the Marvel Universe.

It needs to be a mega epic, it is after all the Twilight of the Gods
    You could get around it with a story that makes it clear that was simply the end of the false, parasitic Ragnarok cycle. Now they know that any signs of the Ragnarok can only be fore the real thing.

I've heard speculation from one end of the spectrum to the next on Rune King Thor's feats and power levels. Can someone please clarify for me how powerful RKT is?
    Eh, powerful enough to will Mangog into nothingness after erecting a force field that no sold Mangog's blows, keep a beheaded Loki alive...and most important...defeated the ones Odin was never able to. So...more powerful noticeably? Speculating beyond that...twice as powerful or some such, dont know about that. But sure, Odin does stuff like kill Hela a major death deity, defeat Mangog, stop time, and destroy galaxies as a side effect of his battle with Seth. So RKT is above all that.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

He's as strong as at least three cows.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I disagree, i think it was a pretty good and epic ending for the Thor mythos, as tragic it was. That's why i'm not a fan of the MCU version.

[QUOTE=Cronus;4598161]Eh, powerful enough to will Mangog into nothingness after erecting a force field that no sold Mangog's blows, keep a beheaded Loki alive...and most important...defeated the ones Odin was never able to. So...more powerful noticeably? Speculating beyond that...twice as powerful or some such, dont know about that. But sure, Odin does stuff like kill Hela a major death deity, defeat Mangog, stop time, and destroy galaxies as a side effect of his battle with Seth. So RKT is above all that.[/QUOTE

Rune King Thor is kinda like Golden Superman from DC One Million. A character so abstract, and awe inspiring, that you cannot possibly determine his limits. He is way more powerful than Galactus. Necro King Thor, before Aaron started the Jobber Thor saga, made Galactus crumble, so RKT could do the same, and more.

BANNED

Beyond Classic Dr strange imbued with powers imbued from all the principalities beyond multiverse?
    Also what has cows got to do with his strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Beyond Classic Dr strange imbued with powers imbued from all the principalities beyond multiverse?
    Also what has cows got to do with his strength?
    Cows have everything to do with his strength.