Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Poll: Which is the better run: Geoff Johns Rebirth or Brian Bendis run

And your reasons why.

Uh what? Johns didn’t write Rebirth and Bendis’ run isn’t over yet.

I don't quite get the title. Is your first option Geoff Johns' Superman run of stories, Tomasi and Gleason's Superman Rebirth run or Dan Jurgens' Action Comics run? Either way I'd choose any one of those 3 over Bendis' run but this might start some arguments just as a heads up since we all have strong opinions on these runs.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I don't quite get the title. Is your first option Geoff Johns' Superman run of stories, Tomasi and Gleason's Superman Rebirth run or Dan Jurgens' Action Comics run? Either way I'd choose any one of those 3 over Bendis' run but this might start some arguments just as a heads up since we all have strong opinions on these runs.
    Yes. What you said. Sorry I worded the question poorly. Geoff Johns was overall in charge, but the Jurgens run in particular.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Probably Bendis when it first started.

None of them are great though. The character deserves so much better.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I like tomasi and jurgens run for jon and superdad. Other than that. I am bored by bendis. I am apathetic towards his big ideas. Legion seems to be just plot device to get rid of jon.
    At the very least the lois and jimmy books are being tried again.
    As for superman character alone, i hate them both.

Neither are great. Rebirth run, particularly Tomasi's Superman is monumentally overrated. Bendis's run rated about as it should be. Started good, but has been trending down as of late with very questionable creative decisions. As of now I guess I give it to Bendis by a hair but as its still ongoing, things can easily change.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El