Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The golden age dawning upon us really is exciting, isn't it?

Hope was supposed to be 2010s. But she sucks.

I like Hope because of Kieron Gillen's work on her, but when she came around at first she was all hype and no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    She is marvel's answer to DC Harley Quinn...
    Same kind of breakout (although Harely is a bigger name now).

...although we have seen the last of her in any live action adaption. Ironic she got more media coverage from a movie (Logan) that Marvel itself can't even make.
    Prove it.

I don't think we will.
    Oh, that's your proof. (Why do I even bother?)

Also like X23, Wolverine served as a surrogate dad to Jubilee and Kitty Pryde and also Rogue. Guess we will never known how high x23 will go, I wish we got the spin off movie with james mangold.
    Whatever else I disagree with you on, I will agree that I wanted that movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Hope was supposed to be 2010s. But she sucks.
    No Hope was McGuffin. And She failed at being a good plot device and being interesting character

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

In retrospect, I think it's especially disappointing that a multi-faceted character like Surge didn't really break out into her own character more after 2008. Having been introduced in 2004 and getting a considerable amount of material to work with for a time, including becoming leader of the New X-Men, only for nothing much more to come of it after that seems like a wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    In retrospect, I think it's especially disappointing that a multi-faceted character like Surge didn't really break out into her own character more after 2008. Having been introduced in 2004 and getting a considerable amount of material to work with for a time, including becoming leader of the New X-Men, only for nothing much more to come of it after that seems like a wasted opportunity.

Seconded.

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Thirded.

10ch

Quadrupeded, X characters.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Surge has tons of potential. In the very least, she should be part of the New Mutants book or even X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Same kind of breakout (although Harely is a bigger name now).

Harley's parent company is given her the attention she deserves, marvel is likely to pretend X23 does not exist.

Oh, that's your proof. (Why do I even bother?)
    name one marvel r rated film like Logan? can you point me any marvel live adaption that shows a kid acting this violent from a cartoon. she literally takes down the entire xmen.

Whatever else I disagree with you on, I will agree that I wanted that movie.
    If Marvel had creative freedom we should be getting the movie, afterall marvel comics exist in a multverse meaning like DC, not all movies had to be connected. some series can and should be allowed to continue if the vision is right. From what I can see so far James Mangold knows what he is doing, meaning disney should allow him to make an X23 film if he still wants. but would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Aaaaand you think this... why?
    Because MCU does not make r rated films and would never show a kid acting violent even if she is hurting the bad guys. X23 even works better as an X-Force member, well there is another thread for that and it sort of answers the question more.

I don't even think we will see her in any upcoming games either, it just sad to see how limited some characters are going to be now.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Yes, she is I think Mercury, Hellion, Surge and Pixie could hard been big hits if given the push they deserve. Pixie was getting big before Marvel gave up on the Academy X characters.
    I think Pixie will get more push now, disney can make her a comic book tinkerbell. also she can sell toys in a way X23 can't to many young girls who collect disney princess dolls. think of it as groot from GOTG.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 10-01-2019 at 11:44 PM.

[citation needed]

I don't think you get what you're talking about man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    [citation needed]

I don't think you get what you're talking about man.
    I know what I am talking about. X23 has made two live action appearances that gave her exposion beyond the comics with Logan and X-Men evolution but this is a different era for marvel.She is a great character but her time is definitely over unless she is re-imagined. she is just too edgy to get any more attention from Marvel.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 10-02-2019 at 01:29 AM.

You're joking. You think X-23 is "too edgy" and they're just going to blacklist her from all media? Dude, Marvel can work with anything. MUA3 just had a pack with "edgy" characters like Moon Knight, Morbius, Blade and the freaking Punisher. Oh, let's not forget that Moon Knight and Blade both have confirmed MCU entries lined up. X-23 can make it fine.