Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

She is marvel's answer to DC Harley Quinn, although we have seen the last of her in any live action adaption. Ironic she got more media coverage from a movie (Logan) that Marvel itself can't even make.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    She is marvel's answer to DC Harley Quinn, although we have seen the last of her in any live action adaption. Ironic she got more media coverage from a movie (Logan) that Marvel itself can't even make.
    What are you talking about? I'm pretty positive we'll see X-23 in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    What are you talking about? I'm pretty positive we'll see X-23 in the MCU.
    I don't think we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don’t think there’s much of a question about it. X is to the 2000s what Kitty and Jubilee were to the 80s and 90s, while we didn’t get a 2010s breakout, thanks to Marvel’s double-down on Claremont/Byrne/Lee nostalgia this decade.
    Also like X23, Wolverine served as a surrogate dad to Jubilee and Kitty Pryde and also Rogue. Guess we will never known how high x23 will go, I wish we got the spin off movie with james mangold.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I don't think we will.

Also like X23, Wolverine served as a surrogate dad to Jubilee and Kitty Pryde and also Rogue. Guess we will never known how high x23 will go, I wish we got the spin off movie with james mangold.
    Aaaaand you think this... why?

Pretty much. I thought Pixie was gonna take off for a second too, but I guess people woke up and realized she was a vanilla version of Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    Pretty much. I thought Pixie was gonna take off for a second too, but I guess people woke up and realized she was a vanilla version of Magik.
    Pixie has serious potential though. She's half-mutant/half literal faerie. I think there's a lot you could do with something like that if her potential was ever realized.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Didn't Hickman say he wasn't creating any new characters?

If so, I'm ecstatic.
    Too many characters who have so much potential from the newer generation as well.
    Well we have the the newbies in Powers of X, Orchis in present day in House of X and whatever evil Apocalypse fought on Krakoa plus his first Horsemen teased

So...........
    "Cable was right!"

I think Hickman meant no new protagonists.

Again, we should wait to see how it is in a few years. The X-Men were in a state that a massive overhaul was needed over introducing major newcomers. Once the basics are set, I can see Hickman wanting to leave his mark with an original creation. Plus, DoX has all these other creators and they're bound to think of new stuff too.

I do wonder if a new character Hickman makes will have lasting effects. Hickman introduced a ton of new characters, plot elements and worldbuilding during his historic run on Fantastic Four and Avengers that culminated in Secret Wars, but how much of it had a true impact?

Again, we should wait to see how it is in a few years. The X-Men were in a state that a massive overhaul was needed over introducing major newcomers. Once the basics are set, I can see Hickman wanting to leave his mark with an original creation. Plus, DoX has all these other creators and they're bound to think of new stuff too.

I do wonder if a new character Hickman makes will have lasting effects. Hickman introduced a ton of new characters, plot elements and worldbuilding during his historic run on Fantastic Four and Avengers that culminated in Secret Wars, but how much of it had a true impact?
    I haven't read either run, but the Black Order did appear in the MCU and will probably be important figures, moving forward.

Yeah I actually forgot for a moment that Hickman created them. Anyways, that's a good point. The bottom line, I feel like Hickman is speaking of the now, in that his priority is whipping the X-Men back into shape and make them a true part of the universe rather than just a neglected offshoot over now-resolved film rights.

A few years later, I can totally see him introducing a major new character to leave his mark on the franchise.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Yeah I actually forgot for a moment that Hickman created them. Anyways, that's a good point. The bottom line, I feel like Hickman is speaking of the now, in that his priority is whipping the X-Men back into shape and make them a true part of the universe rather than just a neglected offshoot over now-resolved film rights.

A few years later, I can totally see him introducing a major new character to leave his mark on the franchise.
    And here’s hoping for more sane, refreshing takes on the X-Men after what happened with Decimation.

Yes, she is I think Mercury, Hellion, Surge and Pixie could hard been big hits if given the push they deserve. Pixie was getting big before Marvel gave up on the Academy X characters.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 10-01-2019 at 09:58 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well considering the X-Men stopped appearing outside the books and the Fox movies it's easy to see why no one else got popular.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well considering the X-Men stopped appearing outside the books and the Fox movies it's easy to see why no one else got popular.
    Yeah, and I suppose it's quite a contrast from previous mutants that have considerable popularity today like Gambit, Bishop, and Domino, who were all introduced in the 1990s.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-30-2019 at 01:42 PM.