View Poll Results: Where do your interests lie?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Here for the X-Men.

85 67.46%
  • Here for my fave(s)

41 32.54%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Pretty much anything with Jubilee for me is an instant-buy... buuuut, I’m huge into Generation X, really enjoy the characters that make up the main Animated Series cast, and love most of the movies/games. The arcade game, animated series, and Pryde of the X-Men cartoon got me hooked on the franchise. So I suppose I lean towards titles with Jubes in them, but follow and enjoy the rest.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I consider the X-Men, more so than any other franchise, to be a book about family (staring right at FF as I say this). I have my favorites but I'm not gonna avoid books just because my favorite may not be there.
    This is a post by a crazy person.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    If Mama's here then so am I
    Please don't call her that. It's Mum, not mahmah.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have my favourites...but, I'm here for the X-Men under talented, good writers and artists who want to tell new, interesting stories.
    I'm not much of a solo fan, but will pick up if I think the writer and artist are good...regardless of the character lead.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Absolutely here for my faves; I haven't been an X-Book completionist since the 90's. But "faves" may be characters, writers, (rarely) artists, or what I feel like are the stronger themes from the franchise.

Cyclops. A Cyclops solo, a good one, is what I most want from Marvel. I would still read a x-men story that is totally unrelated to Cyclops, I just never did.
    I was never a fan of team books, probably why I tend more toward DC comics lately, even the Justice League only interest me if Superman is in it.

I mostly read for my favorites. But if I get interested in something I’ll check it out even if my faves don’t show up. I do a lot of backtracking for stories that seem interesting or were recommended though.

But in the poll, I’m here for my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Says the crazy person.

All-New Member

Just here for the X-Men pretty much. I guess I like Nightcrawler and Logan the most, and I'm not as fond of Jean and Xavier, but I would never not read an X-Men book because the characters I listed aren't/are in it. I just love the idea of the X-Men and at the end of the day I don't really care who is part of the roster or not.

I read for the team and the concept. Most of my favorites have had little to no role for YEARS at this point but the concept of the X-Men keeps me coming around.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I am here for the franchise, Much like Star Trek they are groups and concepts I have like more or less but the core concept is what keeps me around.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    My opinion is objectively true and anything else is absolute lunacy.

I’ve certainly read plenty of x-books that didn’t have any of my favorites on it. Uncanny X-Force is a top tier x-book for me, and I don’t think I could earnestly day that anybody on the team was a personal favorite of mine. It was just a good book. And if my favorites were in a book that was bad, I can’t promise I’d keep reading it.

I absolutely cannot wrap my head around the people that feel compelled to keep buying a book they no longer enjoy.

Only here for my faves. I don’t usually buy a book if they aren’t prominently featured. Double edge to having your favorite characters being primarily team book vs going solo with 100% focus on them.

I'm here for the franchise, but I follow Logan off campus where ever he goes. If forced to choose though I would pick Wolverine over the rest of them all.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.