View Poll Results: Where do your interests lie?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Here for the X-Men.

85 67.46%
  • Here for my fave(s)

41 32.54%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are you a fan of the "X-Men" or are you just here for your fave(s)?

Lately there's been a lot of chatter regarding the divide between those of us who are fans of franchise as a whole and those of us who prioritize 1 or 2 characters over the rest.

For example, would you read various solo books of characters even if they weren't your faves but were considered good? Would you read a team book the didn't feature any of your faves and maybe even one or two characters you dislike?

Be honest as I'm quite curious as to the actual percentages.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 09-29-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Fan of them and their concept.

I do have favorites though, I think everyone does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Fan of them and their concept.

I do have favorites though, I think everyone does.
    Sure we all have our favourites, but i would still read an X-Men comic that didn't feature my particular faves if it was good. Would you?

Like, I'd probably even read a Beast solo if it was written by Hickman lol.

Yes and Yes.

I am a fan of the X-Men, but, I think what I mean when I say that implies different characters than other people think of when you say "X-Men".

franchise.

That said, im not usually drawn to solos unless i like the character. The team dynamic is what does it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yes and Yes.

I am a fan of the X-Men, but, I think what I mean when I say that implies different characters than other people think of when you say "X-Men".
    This.

You need another option! How about BOTH! I'm a fan of the X-Men, have been for 50+ years, and a fan of Magneto, Emma, Lorna, Moira (the original human Moira), and others and I follow my faves too. I can't vote in your poll because my vote is BOTH!

Complicated. I like all of X-Men, but I considered it a franchise before a team. It's so large and multifacted that there's something for everyone. But yes, I love the X-Universe.

My favorites are Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee, but i would read stuff that doesn't include then and enjoy then if they are good. I mean i had been keeping with House/Power of X in spite being mostly about Xavier, Magneto and Hickman's sci-fi.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I think I'm more here for my faves, but I do like both.

Like if all my faves disappeared (Top 5), I'd lose a lot of interest in the franchise and probably take a step back, but still want to know what's going on every once and awhile.

I really don't have problem with liking x-men and liking a favorite character too. Just part of being a fan

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Fan of good X-Men stories, because my "faves" being in a book hasn't been any guarantee it won't suck and a lack of my faves in a book doesn't mean it won't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Sure we all have our favourites, but i would still read an X-Men comic that didn't feature my particular faves if it was good. Would you?

Like, I'd probably even read a Beast solo if it was written by Hickman lol.
    I would honestly, HoX hasn't featured most of my faves Storm, Prodigy (ain't even there lmao) or Jean but the book is good and building x-men mythos.

Option 3

Both

My faves. Storm, Psylocke, Dazzler, Rogue, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Mystique, Rachel, or Polaris will pretty much get my interest (at least initially). I’ll buy team or solo books with them on the roster.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 09-29-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of Jean, Cyclops, Logan,Storm and Cable (and there are many other characters i love greatly). I will buy a book just because any of these are there but that being said the X-men are a team, the franchice can go on without any of my faves and it still works.
    I feel it is wrong when some people want their faves to be the center of everything and complain when they aren't. All X-men are team members, supporting characters, everybody is expendable.