View Poll Results: Where do your interests lie?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Here for the X-Men.

85 67.46%
  • Here for my fave(s)

41 32.54%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I would have cheered for all of them... once. Then everything got darker and edgier and the X-Men spent more time hating and fighting each other than actual bad guys. Schism destroyed that "family". It's why Hickman's current status feels off. Schism annihilated the bonds the X-Men shared, and we're supposed to believe everything is hunky-dory cause back from the dead control crazy Chuck X said so?

So I'm here for my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I would have cheered for all of them... once. Then everything got darker and edgier and the X-Men spent more time hating and fighting each other than actual bad guys. Schism destroyed that "family". It's why Hickman's current status feels off. Schism annihilated the bonds the X-Men shared, and we're supposed to believe everything is hunky-dory cause back from the dead control crazy Chuck X said so?
    Families reconcile and besides a common goal/enemy tend to bring people together. The two people caused the schism both taking a dirt nap probably helped a ton also.

Logan and Scott have rebonded over surviving the grimdarkfest that was Uncanny. They’re brothers now, helping each other up while nude like brothers do.

BANNED

Good thing nobody cares about the lost years anymore. The X-Men are brothers and sisters for life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Logan and Scott have rebonded over surviving the grimdarkfest that was Uncanny. They’re brothers now, helping each other up while nude like brothers do.
    No they didn't. By canon that was Emma's most villainous doing in recent time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    No they didn't. By canon that was Emma's most villainous doing in recent time.
    They're totally over it. Did you not see how close and comfortable they were with each other in HOX 5. The sexual tension was off the charts.

Schism was horrible. yuck! For the longest I couldn't read X-men because after AvX because it was such a garbage series and it influenced so many books afterward.

That said as long as a characters pretend these bad events/moments never happened (like i try to) then I'm game if the current books look appealing to me
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    They're totally over it. Did you not see how close and comfortable they were with each other in HOX 5. The sexual tension was off the charts.
    Sadly, Scott and Logan are like the most hetero men ever. They're so straight they don't even feel threatened at seeing each other's dicks, like it'd never even occur to them they would be. Scott probably only ever gets it out at all for utilitarian reasons, like conceiving a new omega mutant.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 09-30-2019 at 04:25 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Here for the X-Men, hands down. Mutant once, mutant forever. The concept is different from the other superhero comic-books, and the characters and stories have proved themselves awesome through the years.

Of course I have my faves, and of course they have a great influence in my interest for reading a title. But

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    would you read various solo books of characters even if they weren't your faves but were considered good? Would you read a team book the didn't feature any of your faves and maybe even one or two characters you dislike?
    Yes and yes. I've done it before. For example, I love Morrison's run despite I previously had almost zero interest in every character of that team. Actually, I dislike some of them. The writing and the art, though, were real good, so I read it with much pleasure.

As for solo titles, I've read many Wolverine miniseries, for instance, and he's not one of my faves by far.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I am a fan of the X-Men, but, I think what I mean when I say that implies different characters than other people think of when you say "X-Men".
    Hahaha, me too. I don't precisely dig Alpha-characters, so the X-forefront is not in my mind when I think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    But "faves" may be characters, writers, (rarely) artists, or what I feel like are the stronger themes from the franchise.
    Well said.

There's, however, something with the faves, and it's that you usually can't help but buying everything with them on. I've payed for real CRAP about Longshot.

Only here for favorites.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

You need an option for both. Lol. I love the X-men and the franchise. At its core it’s an amazing concept. However I do have my favorites so I would most likely read if they had solo stuff (Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue, Psylocke). Then again I’ve enjoyed HOX and POX tremendously and my favs have pretty much been MIA through out.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm a fan but keeping up with all the books is a pain. Gimme cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    That's not how that works where I live but OK.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I would say that I'm a fan of the X-Men in general, but also the list of X-characters that I don't like or don't care about is much, much smaller than the list of characters I like, so it's hard to say. I'm absolutely not a completionist, but the reason I don't pick up a book is very rarely cast related.

I am here for my faves the New Mutants, and New X-Men Academy X. The only X-Men characters I care about are Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Namor, and Emma Frost. The X-Men Pre decimation was actually kind of disgusting to me.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 09-30-2019 at 09:22 AM.