View Poll Results: Where do your interests lie?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Here for the X-Men.

85 67.46%
  • Here for my fave(s)

41 32.54%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I would have cheered for all of them... once. Then everything got darker and edgier and the X-Men spent more time hating and fighting each other than actual bad guys. Schism destroyed that "family". It's why Hickman's current status feels off. Schism annihilated the bonds the X-Men shared, and we're supposed to believe everything is hunky-dory cause back from the dead control crazy Chuck X said so?

So I'm here for my favorites.
    The Schism has been slowly undone up until the final two, Scott and Logan, slogged all their issues out through the end of Aaron’s WatXM and Rosencanny. The Schism between the students ended at the AvX finale. The Schism between the New Charles Xavier School and Jean Grey Institute X-Men ended in Uncanny #600, we even saw that they were united during Death of X. The only schism that still persisted up until a few months ago was between Scott and Logan because they were both dead.

I only read Marvel comics in general because of my faves. The X-Men are no exception. If I'm looking for some "high concept" science fiction or whatever I will just pick up a real book. Superhero comics are more like soap operas.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I think this might have something to do with when some of us started reading. For me the X-Men is the essentially the team coming out of Giant Sized #1 plus the rest of the o5 and Rogue. That's mostly because I got onboard in the 80's. Although there have been characters that have debuted after that I've learned to love, that's still defines the X-Men to a great extend for me. So I'm here mostly for them, but for me, they define the franchise.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I think this might have something to do with when some of us started reading. For me the X-Men is the essentially the team coming out of Giant Sized #1 plus the rest of the o5 and Rogue. That's mostly because I got onboard in the 80's. Although there have been characters that have debuted after that I've learned to love, that's still defines the X-Men to a great extend for me. So I'm here mostly for them, but for me, they define the franchise.
    That’s me too, but then, I’m older than Methuselah. And the Internet.

I mainly follow my favorites, though I have read plenty of solos and runs where they weren't featured at all if the story and writing were captivating enough. I've developed a few new semi-favorites as a result. I do like the X-Men as a concept over other superhero comics by far though. I tend to roll with the punches more easily for general X-Men stories since I'm less invested in the individual characters and more the outcome of the overall story. But the stakes feel higher when my favorites are involved and those books get my priority for certain.

I would be for more x-men, if writers on the last 20 years weren't constantly putting their favorites up while trashing the characters that they don't like. The only way i found to deal with it is trying to hold into my favorites.
    The fault is all on editors and writers for people having faves and putting above everything

BANNED

I'm a fan of the X-Men as a concept. So much so, I kept reading with Cyclops dead (Tyke doesn't and never will count). I favor franchises and writers way more than characters. Hickman, Ewing, Loveness and Aaron could make me read and care about characters I never even thought about before. Even with bad writers, and even with Cyclops dead and Sunspot away, however, I kept following the X-Men and would still do so if that were the case again.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like the xmen but let's not get it twisted. if storm one day stopped appearing indefinitely would be when I would stop reading the xmen indefinitely.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Ah, my first X-Men related comic was New Mutants. I stopped reading comics until New Mutants volume 2 came out. I did not start reading Uncanny X-Men until Kierron Gillen's run because that is when Magik joined, before that I only got X-Men comics when they tied into New Mutants like Messiah Complex, Necrosha, and Second Coming.

I quit reading X-Men comics after Bendis run, and just started again during House of X and Powers of X.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 09-30-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I only read Marvel comics in general because of my faves. The X-Men are no exception. If I'm looking for some "high concept" science fiction or whatever I will just pick up a real book. Superhero comics are more like soap operas.
    Ah, as opposed to those fake books that have been laying around, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Fan of them and their concept.

I do have favorites though, I think everyone does.
    agreed
    the 1975
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I get attached to characters; not titles, franchises, or companies. If a character clicks with me, I'll follow their appearances regardless of what the comic is called. If a story lacks any character I care about, though, I most likely won't care about the story either.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    If I'm looking for some "high concept" science fiction or whatever I will just pick up a real book.
    I find quite sad that there are still readers who believe that comics are not a 'real' reading matter.

The X-men all day everyday. Though in other mediums im a lot lets forgiving. Because i like the x-men as a whole and have a lot of faves im hard to please. Fox men movies i could pick apart literally all day for about every character.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

X-men obviously. Once your fav gets written like crap you learn to not invest so much in a small number of characters.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.