Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

how about these team:

Arthur Petrelli with every Heroesverse Powers(including Ando's Supercharge)
    Frontier Digidestined Team
    Spike from MLP:FIM(after he eats Super emeralds)
    God-Emperor of Mankind
    Ash Ketchum(when his Aura powers got Ando's Supercharge)
    End of Season 4 Raven
    Splendid from Happy Tree Friends(he plays just like Silver Age Superman)

all of the characters listed are in the vicinity of Blackstone Fortress
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    how about these team:

God-Emperor of Mankind
    End of Season 4 Raven

arthur: nope.
    frontier digidestined team: hell nope.
    ash: see above
    raven: see above

the other ones, i'm not too familiar on but i have a feeling they cant fuck with him either.

how about these team:

God-Emperor of Mankind
    End of Season 4 Raven

Guys like Arthur with all heroes powers and God emperor of mankind have some serious power......but against a Cosmic being they just don't measure up. The Beyonder is not just any cosmic being either.

Why a team?
    Send in Squirrel Girl already

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    but against a Cosmic being they just don't measure up.
    Going to have to disagree with you there about the Emprah. He's spent 10,000 years engaged in constant psychic warfare with not one, but four cosmic beings. For example, I'd give Slaanesh by him/herself even odds against Mephisto or Lucifer.

I don't necessarily think he could take the Beyonder, but he's definitely up on the cosmic tier in terms of raw power. It's just a shame he was so constantly hampered by PIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Going to have to disagree with you there about the Emprah. He's spent 10,000 years engaged in constant psychic warfare with not one, but four cosmic beings. For example, I'd give Slaanesh by him/herself even odds against Mephisto or Lucifer.
    ... there is a huge, monstrously huge power gap between Mephisto and Lucifer. The latter being a guy who destroyed an entire dimension for standing in it (yes, it was a fragile dimension, it still ended because he showed up), and who otherwise came out unscathed from a reality scouring scale event, amongst other things. What has Slaanesh done to get "even odds" against that?

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

... there is a huge, monstrously huge power gap between Mephisto and Lucifer. The latter being a guy who destroyed an entire dimension for standing in it (yes, it was a fragile dimension, it still ended because he showed up), and who otherwise came out unscathed from a reality scouring scale event, amongst other things. What has Slaanesh done to get "even odds" against that?
    I appear to have been mistaken about Lucifer, then.

Slaanesh's biggest feat is tearing the universe a new one by coming into being, destroying an area of space about 20,000 light-years wide. S/he then ripped the souls out of billions of Eldar scattered across the galaxy, and now the few survivors have to keep their souls in crystals to avoid him/her automatically eating them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Id say that is still less powerful than lucifer, who shaped his own multiverse

Amazing Member

how about these team:

God-Emperor of Mankind
    End of Season 4 Raven

What about it? It's an omnipotent entity, or something very much like it. You don't just send a bunch of powerful but vastly more limited people hoping they'd somehow win via attrition. On the flip-side, since the concept of "more-omnipotent" makes little to no sense when comparing entities from different hierarchies entirely, you'd hardly need to look hard for some kind of super-God - just any old God would do, provided you were to carefully examine its teeth first. (This is particularly true for the Beyonder, who, being the manifestation of an infinitely bigger reality rather than a putative First Cause, probably starts off from behind from a certain point of view - though that kind of sophistry is something that for most of us hopefully wears thin after the first such argument we've been exposed to, if not before.)

Now, while I've never read either Secret Wars, nor their various tie-ins, the Beyonder specifically was, I gather, actually weary of several fairly unlikely individuals, so if Marvel's where you want to start from, those would seem a reasonable point to begin with. For best results using minimal resources, consider murdering them horribly next. That is, perhaps Doom would have gotten further had he hijacked Molecule Man's power rather than Galactus, than spent some time examining Puma for whatever ephemeral trait made him noteworthy in this context. Or you could pile-up on Eternal Champions, have them merge a la Sailor on the Seas of Fate, then drain the aforementioned rather than Gagak for an immediate boost.

Other obscure Marvel entities probably exist that might have hoped to accomplish something against the Beyonder, or at-least held-out for longer. For instance, the piece of Asteroth Stardust inadvertently freed would have, in time, been able to devour the totality of existence, had no-one intervened in time. Under the right circumstances, that's the kind of threat that could have conceivably given him pause, if not at that point, then in case it had been allowed to make similar inroads on the Beyonder's own reality before registering on his radar.

Outside of Marvel, and without immediately going for the very top of the pile (at the very least, they have an entire dimension of peers), 5D imps do at-least occasionally appear to occupy a rather similar niche. In Crisis Times Five, for instance, they are evidently a force from beyond Creation, with power that's "beyond infinite", and capable of "turning hyper-time to lava" or somesuch at a whim. (Naturally, this is hardly a terribly consistent portrayal, which I personally find fitting, as imps more than most are blatantly just there to do and serve whatever role the writer wants them to at the time.)

Obviously, with the exception of throwing Omnipotent A in the direction of Omnipotent B, few to none of these are likely to truly pose a lasting challenge here, particularly under Khazan rules. But then, neither seem to be required by the thread starter.

Honestly, I don't think trying to over power Beyonder is the way to go. This is the guy who casually killed DEATH and then decided to make a new one later. He's pretty high up their on the cosmic scale.

Your best bet into beating him is trickery. Beyonder tends to be a bit naive and extremely curious about things. The problem here, is that he has a temper and he isn't extremely gullible. If he thinks you're hiding something, he's going to rip every thought in your head out of your nose to find out what it is. What you need is somebody subtle.

Frankly, I'd give John Constantine and Lex Luthor better chances of defeating the guy than I would most cosmics. I can also see him thinking that Bat-mite or Mr. Mxyzptlk are amusing enough to what to challenge on their own terms.

Unless of course Beyonder is being bloodlusted for the topic. If he is, he's probably just going to erase the very concept of them winning out of existence.

BANNED

Beyonder is Omnipotent he can't be beat unless you have TOAA or The Presence.

Not even TOAA can do the job.
    The Beyonder, Pre-Retcon, was from beyond.
    That was his shtick, he stood completely outside the normal Marvel Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Not even TOAA can do the job.
    The Beyonder, Pre-Retcon, was from beyond.
    That was his shtick, he stood completely outside the normal Marvel Universe.
    I know Beyonder is from a entire outside Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder View Post
    I know Beyonder is from a entire outside Multiverse.
    Yup, an outside universe so large that the Marvel multiverse was as a drop of water in an ocean, etc. So even if we think of TOAA as the ultimate power of that multiverse, Beyonder still trumps that.

And, of course, I know that the Beyondverse is still in stories published by Marvel but dwarfed the rest of their established multiverse put together. At highest feats, I suspect he's got this though I don't know every single feat of every single character in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think trying to over power Beyonder is the way to go. This is the guy who casually killed DEATH and then decided to make a new one later. He's pretty high up their on the cosmic scale.

Your best bet into beating him is trickery. Beyonder tends to be a bit naive and extremely curious about things. The problem here, is that he has a temper and he isn't extremely gullible. If he thinks you're hiding something, he's going to rip every thought in your head out of your nose to find out what it is. What you need is somebody subtle.

Frankly, I'd give John Constantine and Lex Luthor better chances of defeating the guy than I would most cosmics. I can also see him thinking that Bat-mite or Mr. Mxyzptlk are amusing enough to what to challenge on their own terms.

Unless of course Beyonder is being bloodlusted for the topic. If he is, he's probably just going to erase the very concept of them winning out of existence.
    Even then, there are problems. At low-end, he's pretty naive and stupid. At high feats, he outwitted and played Dr. Doom and had tremendous insights into the human condition when he helped Johnny Storm.