Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #Suitspot2020
    I’d let Roberto punch me as many times as he wanted if he had that suit on.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Ever since Age of X I’ve wanted Karma to rock a silver getup matching the leg.
    Besides Ororo snorting a thick bundle and wearing the first thing she picks out her closet with her eyes closed, Age of X had some really good costume designs. Like......really good.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I know Jean using her Marvel Girl costume will probably be explained but I still feel bad for her, everyone is getting amazing costume changes or at least retaining some incredible ones they had (Storm) yet Jean is still stuck with that...

I always loved her Morrison-era look or even the Teen Jean one with the jacket.
    I feel like Hickman is just going to say 'lol just 'cause!'
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

New Mutants is so hilarious.

Uniform, Uniform, Uniform, Uniform, Uniform, HAHAHAHAHA NO, Uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I feel like Hickman is just going to say 'lol just 'cause!'
    I hope it's not the case or that Jean will finally get something different. I'm not on the "pod/fake people" theory but even from her Red costume (not my fav, but it wasn't bad) to her Marvel Girl one without explanation is super weird.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What's these amazing variations of costumes? The tanned Wolverine costume with pockets now? The head condom Cyclops outfit with stripes? Magento's same costume but in white?

pfft.
    "Cable was right!"

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    New Mutants is so hilarious.

Uniform, Uniform, Uniform, Uniform, Uniform, HAHAHAHAHA NO, Uniform
    "Hey, Illyana, we're going into space to find Sam, wear this--"

"HAHHAHAHAHHAHA, No, Roberto... No."

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I hope it's not the case or that Jean will finally get something different. I'm not on the "pod/fake people" theory but even from her Red costume (not my fav, but it wasn't bad) to her Marvel Girl one without explanation is super weird.
    The best explanation I've seen is that it's to designate that it's now a time of peace - or will be - compared to Red's time of war or something like that but even then it doesn't make sense. Hickman even told Larraz to change it, since the original lines have her in the Red costume, so it was a conscious choice.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The best explanation I've seen is that it's to designate that it's now a time of peace - or will be - compared to Red's time of war or something like that but even then it doesn't make sense. Hickman even told Larraz to change it, since the original lines have her in the Red costume, so it was a conscious choice.
    Considering it's Hickman and that JDW didn't want to answer this (which, unless it has an actual meaning behind it a costume change, or lack of thereof, shouldn't be something hard to answer) I believe there's probably some importance behind and it'll probably be explained, or at least I hope so.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Marcus To's designs are great. Love Betsy and Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’d let Roberto punch me as many times as he wanted if he had that suit on.

Besides Ororo snorting a thick bundle and wearing the first thing she picks out her closet with her eyes closed, Age of X had some really good costume designs. Like......really good.
    Lol, you had me messed up for a second wondering where you got this art from for Dawn of X. Haha, it's Age of X. I can see they interpreted Betsy from this.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Kitty's #2 Red Queen lewk should be her new regular uniform. Periodt [sic]

Only now realizing that Pooky UK's design is the perfect compromise between (in)sane people like me and the weirdos at Marvel who like the A belt and the damn tubes.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Kitty's #2 Red Queen lewk should be her new regular uniform. Periodt [sic]
    Ugh it’s the most boring one. Put me down for #1 but subtract the frilly shirt. Ideally bare-breasted couture, but a white version of her Excalibur top would be alright.

Oh and give Shaw a big lumberjack beard.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 09-30-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It'll stick under Hickman. BUT he said one thing he hates is writers who use toys but don't put them back, leaving other writers to do so. So he may reset everything once he's had his fill playing with them, and Moira's lives left a way to do that. At the end of his run, Moira will probably die, and life 11 will start over all the characters and a new writer can do whatever he wants without having to follow any of this threads.
    No matter how Hickman leaves the franchise, one thing I’m sure of is that it won’t involve Betsy being back in Kwannon’s body. The move to disentangle them predated Hickman and was surely an effort larger than any one writer, to solve a choice that was always problematic but had grown untenably so with every year of growing cultural sensitivity. If that version of the character hadn’t been a popular part of the X-Men’s most successful era, maybe it wouldn’t have taken quite this long. But there’s no way they’re going to do it again years from now when Hickman leaves. Even if continuity got reset to a few years ago, I think they would find a way not to do that to Betsy/Kwannon.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    No matter how Hickman leaves the franchise, one thing I’m sure of is that it won’t involve Betsy being back in Kwannon’s body. The move to disentangle them predated Hickman and was surely an effort larger than any one writer, to solve a choice that was always problematic but had grown untenably so with every year of growing cultural sensitivity. If that version of the character hadn’t been a popular part of the X-Men’s most successful era, maybe it wouldn’t have taken quite this long. But there’s no way they’re going to do it again years from now when Hickman leaves. Even if continuity got reset to a few years ago, I think they would find a way not to do that to Betsy/Kwannon.
    Yes, it would similar to reverting Iceman back, just not going to happen.

There's really no reason to either, they get to keep the Psylocke name and the look, which is enough for most casual fans to not even notice the change.

the solicit for X-force even says that this isn't a time of peace. That is why X-force was formed
    it makes even less sense when Storm is using her Red look