Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default [Spoilers] Batman 80 Preview and Discussion Thread

The preview for next week's Batman is up, and it seems fitting to create an all-encompassing discussion thread.

DON'T GO IN THE APPRECIATION THREAD OF KING TO BASH IT, THANKS !

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...-catwoman-bane

I do not like Romita's art and was horribly disappointed to see him solicited here in the finale. BUT! It looks amazing here. Props to him and esp Morey here.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

No will ever say that King's run did not have AAA artists - hot damn this looks good. I cannot wait to see oversized versions of these books.

BANNED

Ugh! Somehow Romitas art never has appealed to me and it doesn't do so now either. Curious why he is roaming around after curfew issuing a open challenge given the hostage situation instead of his usual sticking to shadows and executing guerilla attacks shtick. Perhaps Damian has signalled he is safe too.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay. I was reading the preview, moody artwork, gritty lines, color, and light fitting to the tone, Bruce curb-stomping his regular villains, Hugo Strange lighting the signal to call Thomas as a tease for the real fight coming up, so generally the tone is serious like the beginning of a Batman movie, nothing's really wrong with the preview... and then I scrolled down to the comments

"Tom King is awful"

BAHAHA. Mood whiplash. Just. Straight up. Insult. No reason. No fanfare.

Two-Face deserves better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's been assaulted by Bane, lost an eye to FP Batman and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Absolutely. He's supposed to be one of Batman's greatest foes and King seems content with treating him like an afterthought. Makes me wish he wasn't featured at all.

This preview is pretty boring. Five pages and nothing interesting is going on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    This preview is pretty boring. Five pages and nothing interesting is going on.
    Like Tom King's run .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

never been a big romita fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay. I was reading the preview, moody artwork, gritty lines, color, and light fitting to the tone, Bruce curb-stomping his regular villains, Hugo Strange lighting the signal to call Thomas as a tease for the real fight coming up, so generally the tone is serious like the beginning of a Batman movie, nothing's really wrong with the preview... and then I scrolled down to the comments

"Tom King is awful"

BAHAHA. Mood whiplash. Just. Straight up. Insult. No reason. No fanfare.
    Always avoid the comment section of reviews. It's not for the thin skinned or weak hearted HA HA!

I, for once, am pleasantly surprised by this preview because, for the first time in forever, I'm not dreading the issue.

Oh, I don't doubt I won't like it much, if at all. It's Tom King's run of Batman, after all. But the preview itself doesn't bode ill to the issue, it's at least a step in the right direction.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Ugh! Somehow Romitas art never has appealed to me and it doesn't do so now either. Curious why he is roaming around after curfew issuing a open challenge given the hostage situation instead of his usual sticking to shadows and executing guerilla attacks shtick. Perhaps Damian has signalled he is safe too.
    Next time please leave a space between your first two sentences because I was wondering why Romita's roaming around after curfew and what the heck was his guerilla shtick. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Curious why he is roaming around after curfew issuing a open challenge given the hostage situation instead of his usual sticking to shadows and executing guerilla attacks shtick. Perhaps Damian has signalled he is safe too.
    If that works as well as it did last time Damian should get ready for his next doctor's appointment, he might suffer from a broken neck.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 10-01-2019 at 06:28 AM.