Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I LOVED Romita on the Two-Face All-Star arc.

And I am loving him here too.
    Same. Romita on Batman was so good for that story. Never would have guessed it either.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim is not his son, he is a grown volunteer and quit at any time,
    Tim's a Robin. It's practically the same thing.

Censorship Sucks

Well, I read the issue...in less than 2 minutes. Not a lot of dialogue or action. Where Batman says "hell yeah" was so out of character that when I read it I thought "what the hell" to myself. I don't see Batman talking like that. This story is dragged out so much. I feel like the entire last four or five issues could have been told in like two books. Honestly, I read the books free on the internet because I don't think they are worth the price they charge and I would be irritated if I paid four dollars for such a decompressed story. I will be glad when Tom King is gone. I will add the books to my pull sheet again. I think runs like this, with decompression, are harder for people who have read the old books of the 50s and 60s because so much story was packed into these pages. Seriously, like three pages of those books would cover a entire issue of today's books.

My personnal theory is that Thomas will kill Damian, and then sacrifice himself in the Nain pit to bring him back. It would be the most Tom King thing to do, and it'd really cement Batman as the Worst Father Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    My personnal theory is that Thomas will kill Damian, and then sacrifice himself in the Nain pit to bring him back. It would be the most Tom King thing to do, and it'd really cement Batman as the Worst Father Ever.
    Yeah, until now the new pit has been useless. Why introduce a deus-ex-machina pit and not do something with it.

City of Bane has very little Bane so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Yeah, until now the new pit has been useless. Why introduce a deus-ex-machina pit and not do something with it.
    I assume it is to tempt Bruce to bring Alfred back, but he won’t kill FP Thomas to do it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

All-New Member

John Romita’s Jr’s artwork I thought was a definite step back from the previous issues, I think I read
    This book in about 5 minutes. Literally. I mean after spending 2 issues with cat woman and Thomas
    Magnum on the beach.You would think it would’ve be a bit harder to get thru bane’s defenses. The two literally
    Walk up to the enemies and dispatch them in two panels

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    Well, I read the issue...in less than 2 minutes. Not a lot of dialogue or action. Where Batman says "hell yeah" was so out of character that when I read it I thought "what the hell" to myself. I don't see Batman talking like that. This story is dragged out so much. I feel like the entire last four or five issues could have been told in like two books. Honestly, I read the books free on the internet because I don't think they are worth the price they charge and I would be irritated if I paid four dollars for such a decompressed story. I will be glad when Tom King is gone. I will add the books to my pull sheet again. I think runs like this, with decompression, are harder for people who have read the old books of the 50s and 60s because so much story was packed into these pages. Seriously, like three pages of those books would cover a entire issue of today's books.

I agree wrote much the same in my review for $4 I’d like more than a crapper read. The previous issues were
    So soap melodramatic. This issues Hell yeah is Batman , nightwing now? Just not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    City of Bane has very little Bane so far.
    When you really look at it, what has Bane actually done in the past 50 or so issues? He sat in a chair, wrestled with Thomas in the nude, beat up Batman in his house, stood in a basement, and then "snapped Alfred's neck". Meanwhile, Thomas has done alot more and we're learning more and more about his decisions and why he's doing everything. Which is why I really believe after all this time, Bane is just a front and Thomas is really the one in charge. Bane probably had a plan, but seems to me that's basically been hijacked and reconfigured by Thomas to suit his needs, making everyone else think Bane's responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    When you really look at it, what has Bane actually done in the past 50 or so issues? He sat in a chair, wrestled with Thomas in the nude, beat up Batman in his house, stood in a basement, and then "snapped Alfred's neck". Meanwhile, Thomas has done alot more and we're learning more and more about his decisions and why he's doing everything. Which is why I really believe after all this time, Bane is just a front and Thomas is really the one in charge. Bane probably had a plan, but seems to me that's basically been hijacked and reconfigured by Thomas to suit his needs, making everyone else think Bane's responsible.
    That is my thought as well. The November acetate cover seals it for me.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Bane did considerably more than Thanos did in all the MCU movies. But about as much as he did in Knightfall.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Great issue. Loved the Hush showdown and of course: "Hell yeah." Thomas Wayne's concern for Gotham Girl was kind of unexpected and his motivations still seem unclear. King has a tough landing to stick.
    Spoil me. Does Hush still have Dick Grayson's face after Prelude to The Wedding and do they explain how he got out of the faceless dimension or do they not talk about it or reveal his face at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I feel like Bane has done a lot...just most of it happened off-panel and was told to us rather than shown. Like his entire plan was explained in a monologue by Thomas and him taking over Gotham all happened off-panel. So we never really get to see how he actually does anything which it why it feels like he's done next to nothing throughout the story.
    Last edited by Batknight; 10-02-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Was Bane behind Booster Gold's actions? I can't remember if that was said when his plan was revealed in that prior issue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Spoil me. Does Hush still have Dick Grayson's face after Prelude to The Wedding and do they explain how he got out of the faceless dimension or do they not talk about it or reveal his face at all?
    I thought he had Bruce Wayne's face.
    He did have his face in Heart of Hush.
    Dick held him prisoner to protect missing Bruce's reputation.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-02-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.