Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Next time please leave a space between your first two sentences because I was wondering why Romita's roaming around after curfew and what the heck was his guerilla shtick. XD
    Guess you need Glasses for viewing the small punctuation between the sentences but will do. I wouldn't want you to strain your poor eyes. Lol
    Last edited by Desmark; 10-01-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Guess you need Glasses for viewing the small punctuation between the sentences but will do. I wouldn't want you to strain your poor eyes. Lol
    It's not the punctuation. You were using "he" after only saying Romita so my brain automatically thinks "he" means Romita, not Batman.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I LOVED Romita on the Two-Face All-Star arc.

And I am loving him here too.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

Excellent! I think Romita is doing a fanastic job of capturing the gritty, western feel of this issue!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

It's not the punctuation. You were using "he" after only saying Romita so my brain automatically thinks "he" means Romita, not Batman.
    Surely your brain is not amiss,
    The sentence, indeed, must dehisce;
    For one would be remiss to dismiss
    The semantic functions of deixis.

BANNED

Ah! I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I felt some would be bamboozled by who I was referring to in the post and thought of mentioning whom I meant by 'He' but figured who is going to be crazy enough to believe Romita's going roaming around after curfew and indulging in ninja antics. However I was wrong! Someone was crazy enough to believe that exact thing! XD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

I like John Romita Jr's art. My favourite of his on DC is Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Surely your brain is not amiss,
    The sentence, indeed, must dehisce;
    For one would be remiss to dismiss
    The semantic functions of deixis.
    Lol. This is a comic book message board so no one is going to particularly pay attention to linguist concerns but will be interested in having their say. If it was a thesis or college paper then someone would be more careful in choosing their words so that the meaning will not be distorted but...... to each his own Communication in a informal setting ultimately comes down to idiosyncrasies not the tenets of Linguistic Anthropology or the grammar nazis. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Lol. This is a comic book message board so no one is going to particularly pay attention to linguist concerns but will be interested in having their say. If it was a thesis or college paper then someone would be more careful in choosing their words so that the meaning will not be distorted but...... to each his own Communication in a informal setting ultimately comes down to idiosyncrasies not the tenets of Linguistic Anthropology or the grammar nazis. XD
    I was just joking around (but just so you know linguistics isn't prescriptive)

I was spot on in my previous comment about the rpeview being a step in the right direction but the whole issue would still disappoint.

Special mention to Gotham-Girl and Bane.

I actually like Damian, but after learning of Bruce's plan I almost want him to fail. What an ******* and what a terrible father to gamble with his son's life like that. Even for Batman that's low.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 10-02-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Absolutely. He's supposed to be one of Batman's greatest foes and King seems content with treating him like an afterthought. Makes me wish he wasn't featured at all.
    I take it that at this point he's just another brainwashed goon, so he really isn't up to the level of threat he'd be normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    As far as we know he was the one who send Damian there, he should punch himself in the face.

Not to mention he would have to rescue Damian from the abuse at the hands of Thomas and Bane first to abuse him. Can someone call child protection services?
    The man routinely takes orphaned children and turns them into child soldiers, but one punch to Tim and NOW you want CPS involved?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The man routinely takes orphaned children and turns them into child soldiers, but one punch to Tim and NOW you want CPS involved?
    Tim is not his son, he is a grown volunteer and quit at any time,

Great issue. Loved the Hush showdown and of course: "Hell yeah." Thomas Wayne's concern for Gotham Girl was kind of unexpected and his motivations still seem unclear. King has a tough landing to stick.