Default Marvel to launch Warhammer comics

Warhammer comics are to be published by Marvel from now on, not Titan.
    https://www.newsarama.com/47145-marv...book-line.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sounds good. I think this'll give the comics a much bigger reach. Reminds me of RWBY getting published by DC, thanks to corporate synergy, which works better than an indie publisher. Between this, Star Wars, Conan and League of Legends, Marvel has been pretty busy with licensed work as of late.

Is this some sort of long game to get Kieron Gillen back

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Basically a no brainer to get Abnett involved right?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I'd love to see an inquisitor set foot in the MU; all those mutants, xenos, and demons would make him have a heart attack.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

40k does not interest me in the least. Give me Warhammer Fantasy (no age of Sigmar!!!) and I will buy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Basically a no brainer to get Abnett involved right?
    I think Abnett still has a contract with DC.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I'd love to see an inquisitor set foot in the MU; all those mutants, xenos, and demons would make him have a heart attack.
    How many would surrender to Chaos for some semblance of (what they would think is) protection from or ability to strike back against the chaos of the everyday Marvel Universe?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    How many would surrender to Chaos for some semblance of (what they would think is) protection from or ability to strike back against the chaos of the everyday Marvel Universe?
    Carnage is basically going full Lorgar in Absolute Carnage, while the Phoenix Force is practically a Slaaneshi Lord of Change and Sugarman could easily turn to Nurgle worship.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Abnett still has a contract with DC.
    He's doing one of those cosmic one shots in December
    We need better comics

BANNED

I honestly have mixed feelings about this, seeing as how I enjoyed Titan's 40k comics for the most part. Even if none of them could hold a candle to the old Blood Quest comics that were published in Warhammer Monthly. But I understand sales are everything, no doubt the notoriety of the Marvel name is intended to boost the readership substantially. I just hope that Marvel understands what they are getting themselves into; the 40k fanbase has little patience for works that deviate from the grim tone and unrepentant violence of the source material.

Which are things Disney aren't fond of. Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    He's doing one of those cosmic one shots in December
    Yeah, he's doing Nova's Annihilation Scourge tie-in. So he's clearly not exclusive and could do Warhammer.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-01-2019 at 04:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I would try out Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy books, as long as they reboot...

While they probably wouldn't put any more focus on creating new Warhammer Fantasy stories since Age of Sigmar is now getting the fantasy focus, I would hope that somewhere down the road they would republish the WHFB stories like Malus Darkblade, Tales of Hellbrandt Grimm, and Mordheim from Warhammer Monthly only this time in color

And if they do so, some re-prints of The Redeemer, Daemonifuge, Kal Jerico, and Bloodquest from the 40k side of things as well would be icing on that cake.

If they ever crossover the 40k side with Marvel then maybe do a Dr Strange story where Tzeentch sends a Lord of Change over to manipulate and scheme behind the scenes and it's up to Strange to investigate and use his wits to eventually find out what he is dealing with before everything snowballs to hell and of course eventually have Khorne, Nurgle, and Slaanesh find out Tzeentch's new playground and join in the fun as well.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 10-01-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Carnage is basically going full Lorgar in Absolute Carnage, while the Phoenix Force is practically a Slaaneshi Lord of Change and Sugarman could easily turn to Nurgle worship.
    Hmm, those are good ones.
    The spider is always on the hunt.