Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I was looking to get a windows surface for a large screen, those 10" tablets don't seem like it be big enough to enjoy reading them them.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have an IPOD pro and I love the full page view.

I use an Android tablet for my comics.

I would not recommend a surface for using Comixology, because there is no Windows version of the app, Android or iOS only. Otherwise you have to read on the website, which is not ideal.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I didn't realize you have to be online to read on the Marvel app.

Why does it make you "download" the books then?
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I use an Android tablet for my comics.

I would not recommend a surface for using Comixology, because there is no Windows version of the app, Android or iOS only. Otherwise you have to read on the website, which is not ideal.
    Really ? Crap, I would of had more usage for that windows surface if I could of use it for comixology... good to know in advance.

I have another question and since it's digital comics apps related I thought i'd still use this old thread.

I was just wondering what do you guys prefer, using something like comixlogy to have all your comics on the same app, or use every apps from each publishers individually. Let me know what you think and the pros and cons of using one or the other, thanks!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

All on one app is really the only way to go. Monopolies aren't great, but it's far more convenient to just be able to read the majority of your purchases in a single app and comixology is the way to go. Since you're likely to sync your Marvel/DC membership with Comixology the only reason to even venture onto those apps or their websites is to redeem codes that are easier to use on the specific publisher's site. The only major publisher that doesn't play ball with Comixology is First Second, and even then you can buy the eBooks on Amazon to then sync with Comixology.

The only other I use is a comics .pdf reader app for comic eBooks I would get in a Humble Bundle, and have to manually put them on my iPad.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Right, that's what I was thinking too. I was wondering if there were any advantages like big sales or features unique to Marvel/DC's app.
    Thanks mate.

Amazing Member

Personally i like to buy from amazon because i think the zooming and rotating feature works better then the dc/marvel/comicxology app but sometines their digital sales dont match the actual publishers sales.

While i get making the move are you sure you dobt want to buy your monthlies then just redeem the digital codes? I find unless you like to buy them a few months late when the price goes down you can purchase the paper monthly and get the digital bonus.

I like keeping everything together so i get everything on Comixology, though i sometimes purchase them on Amazon, since anything you buy there will show up in Comixology as well. (though I did run into one book that didn't, i think it was volume 2 of Alias, but I contacted them and they fixed it pretty quick, probably some kind of oversight on their end) Same reason I get most of my games on Steam (will make an occasional exception for GoG, mainly with CDPR's own games) and absolutely am not caving to the Epic exclusives, I can wait to avoid the hassle of managing multiple launchers. Also, Comixology is the only one that will let you subscribe to a series for the stuff you want to get as it's released rather than in trade. As said above, I know monopolies are not great, but I am already on the Comixology train, not going to jump to another one now, even if a perfectly good alternative popped up tomorrow, I don't want to divide my library up.

Quote Originally Posted by yada View Post
    Personally i like to buy from amazon because i think the zooming and rotating feature works better then the dc/marvel/comicxology app but sometines their digital sales dont match the actual publishers sales.

While i get making the move are you sure you dobt want to buy your monthlies then just redeem the digital codes? I find unless you like to buy them a few months late when the price goes down you can purchase the paper monthly and get the digital bonus.
    The thing is I got 6500 comics, I just can't store them anymore. The less I can get physically the better at the moment, until I get a bigger place. And like I said, I'll still be getting physical incentive covers because i'll always enjoy collecting aswell as reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I like keeping everything together so i get everything on Comixology, though i sometimes purchase them on Amazon, since anything you buy there will show up in Comixology as well. (though I did run into one book that didn't, i think it was volume 2 of Alias, but I contacted them and they fixed it pretty quick, probably some kind of oversight on their end) Same reason I get most of my games on Steam (will make an occasional exception for GoG, mainly with CDPR's own games) and absolutely am not caving to the Epic exclusives, I can wait to avoid the hassle of managing multiple launchers. Also, Comixology is the only one that will let you subscribe to a series for the stuff you want to get as it's released rather than in trade. As said above, I know monopolies are not great, but I am already on the Comixology train, not going to jump to another one now, even if a perfectly good alternative popped up tomorrow, I don't want to divide my library up.
    Yeah having multiple launchers is a pain in the ass.

Are there any alternatives to Comixology that anyone is aware of?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Are there any alternatives to Comixology that anyone is aware of?
    Nothing of its nature that isn't publisher specific I'm afraid. Even then, most publishers that have their own comics applications base it off of Comixology so your libraries can sync with little issue. That is assuming you're looking to get same day as print, single issue releases.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Nothing of its nature that isn't publisher specific I'm afraid. Even then, most publishers that have their own comics applications base it off of Comixology so your libraries can sync with little issue. That is assuming you're looking to get same day as print, single issue releases.
    Nah, just trying to send money to some where other than Comixology / Amazon. I generally only buy trades, completed series, so not fussed on the day / date stuff.

Been trying that Marvel Unlimited thing for a couple of days now.

I wanted to read some Ms Marvel stuff and they propose a 7 days free trial so...yeah.

Pretty decent really. The subscription is around 10 euros per month which isn't all that cheap really but considering that i'm stuck at home for at least 4 more weeks, well, why not right?