Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Nah, just trying to send money to some where other than Comixology / Amazon. I generally only buy trades, completed series, so not fussed on the day / date stuff.
    There really aren't many options out there. Amazon has a strong monopoly. You might want to check out google books or an eReader specific service.

There's Hoopla Digital, which is a free comics/eBooks/Audiobook/Movie service supported by libraries. If you have a library card you can check to see if it grants you membership. It's well supported by most comics publishers, with the exception of Marvel. Marvel is definitely on there, but it's selection is almost nothing compared to the many others that offer their collected editions day of release. If you have enough borrows in the month for what you want anyway.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I'll check out Google Books, thanks Personamanx.

I use a combination of the DC, Marvel and Comixology apps on iOS.

All are powered by the Comixology backend, so in theory I could load all my comics into the Comixology app, but there are certain advantages to splitting it out. After you download a few hundred comics the interface starts to chug a bit when you open it and it loads the thumbnails for your list, so dividing them over multiple apps helps a bit with that. It also helps with discoverability - I can just check what DC or Marvel have published that week, then wishlist them to hop onto the website and purchase in one go.

Also, its still possible to purchase directly from the DC and Marvel publisher apps, whereas with the Comixology app you can only preview, wishlist, and download something you’ve already purchased. Buying directly in the app can make it cheaper, since it’s still possible to buy discounted iTunes cards at times, which eventually works out to free comics. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Been trying that Marvel Unlimited thing for a couple of days now.

I wanted to read some Ms Marvel stuff and they propose a 7 days free trial so...yeah.

Pretty decent really. The subscription is around 10 euros per month which isn't all that cheap really but considering that i'm stuck at home for at least 4 more weeks, well, why not right?
    I mean think of it as buying 2-3 books a month, as long as you read that many, it's worth it. Well, they're a bit old, so maybe 4-5 books a month. Still though, if there's stuff you've been meaning to catch up on, i think it's a good deal.

Yeah I might renew my MU subscription, used to use it a lot, but found it very slow, and missing books, I remember trying to read MK 4 and it had a random issue missing half way through the run.

Amazing Member

I think marvel unlimited was better about 4 months ago but it got really really slow. I started always downloading issues i want to read to minimize the issues not loading pages. Even with the slow functioning and annoyances with the app i still recommend it if you have a lot of back issue reading to do. Personally i want to own all my issues physically and digitally so with all the marvel sales especially buy 1 get 1 free deals i have almost all my back issues digitally so i just cancelled my unlimited.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    The thing is I got 6500 comics, I just can't store them anymore. The less I can get physically the better at the moment, until I get a bigger place. And like I said, I'll still be getting physical incentive covers because i'll always enjoy collecting aswell as reading.
    Sorry for late reply

I can definitely understand running out of space, my house is only 1000 sq feet. Thats why i stopped collecting cds. Comics on the other hand i just cant stop (unless its due to finances) at my house i don't have much room but im gonna find room for about 8-10 short boxes.