Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Strongest Class 100 Character

Who is it? For the purposes of this thread, Thanos is a sort of cut off point to stop people from saying things like "Galactus" or whatever.

You have to be BELOW 616 Thanos-tier to be considered.

Physical strength comparisons only.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mangog? Hulk likely not far behind. Juggernaut is right up there too.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Doomsday in DC...oh and General Eiling.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

If Thanos is considered Class 100, then Silver Surfer should be there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Mangog? Hulk likely not far behind. Juggernaut is right up there too.
    Mangog is not below Thanos strength-wise. If Thanos wins against Mangog, it’s via esoterica.

I feel like Gladiator is above Hulk and Juggs, or at least above a Hulk who isn’t suffering road rage after driving round Norfolk behind people who think 30mph in a 60mph zone is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Mangog is not below Thanos strength-wise. If Thanos wins against Mangog, it’s via esoterica.
    Is this largely because of his first fight where Odin had to resort to magical shenanigans to shut Mangog down? I'm sure I'm forgetting something here...

I feel like Gladiator is above Hulk and Juggs,
    Totally forgot about Gladiator. Yeah, I'd have to agree. Where do you place Beta Ray Bill in comparison to Gladiator?

or at least above a Hulk who isn’t suffering road rage after driving round Norfolk behind people who think 30mph in a 60mph zone is acceptable.
    Pfft. If Hulk drove where I live, it'd be the precursor to "World War Hulk II".
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If Thanos is considered Class 100, then Silver Surfer should be there as well.
    Surfer can certainly amp his strength to high levels, duking it out with Hulk in Planet Hulk, amping himself to become a walking nuclear weapon in the early years against Ben Grimm, knocking out the Abomination and taking out Beta Ray Bill...but he gets the ever loving crap kicked out of him by Thanos physically.
    ----------------------

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Is this largely because of his first fight where Odin had to resort to magical shenanigans to shut Mangog down? I'm sure I'm forgetting something here...

Totally forgot about Gladiator. Yeah, I'd have to agree. Where do you place Beta Ray Bill in comparison to Gladiator?

Pfft. If Hulk drove where I live, it'd be the precursor to "World War Hulk II".
    Bill doesn't compare very favorably to Gladiator for raw strength. His hammer would be the only thing that could close the offensive gap, but I could see Gladiator beating Bill like Surfer did, only with less reluctance.

If we're talking Superman expies, Hyperion (the planet catching one) is my pick over glads. New 52 and Rebirth Superman as may be placed even higher.

Surfer can certainly amp his strength to high levels, duking it out with Hulk in Planet Hulk, amping himself to become a walking nuclear weapon in the early years against Ben Grimm, knocking out the Abomination and taking out Beta Ray Bill...but he gets the ever loving crap kicked out of him by Thanos physically.
    I'd have to agree with you there. All by himself, Starlin's Thanos took on both Thor & Ben Grimm. So physically, Silver Surfer is at a slight disadvantage.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-06-2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

So....if you had a bench press that could hold 15 Planet Earth weights, how many reps and sets is Thanos doing?

"Hulk is the strongest (Class 100) there is" -- Hulk

Seriously, it is the Hulk, because with anger, he continues to grow stronger. No other Class 100 has that potential to continue to grow in strength while busy fighting. Some may have the means to enhance themselves, but like Mike Tyson once said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    If we're talking Superman expies, Hyperion (the planet catching one) is my pick over glads. New 52 and Rebirth Superman as may be placed even higher.
    That Hyperion also held two planets apart for like... Days I think? I'd put him on even footing with modern Superman for strength, with both of them being above Gladiator.

I think Precrisis Superman might be the hero with the best strength feats of all time who would still (arguably) lose to Thanos. He's probably physicslly stronger than Thanos, though. Does he count? Do you need to be able to beat Thanos in a fight or an arm wrestling match to be disqualified?

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I think Precrisis Superman might be the hero with the best strength feats of all time who would still (arguably) lose to Thanos. He's probably physicslly stronger than Thanos, though. Does he count? Do you need to be able to beat Thanos in a fight or an arm wrestling match to be disqualified?
    Yeah, if it's not pre-Crisis Superman then it's modern "bench press the earth for days while cut off from a yellow sun" Superman.

It's not the Hulk unless he actually has the feats for it. Potential doesn't mean anything unless he's actually done it.