Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well the current Immortal Hulk is kinda crazy, he fractured Thor's skull with a single standing punch, and without even being really angry doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well the current Immortal Hulk is kinda crazy, he fractured Thor's skull with a single standing punch, and without even being really angry doing so.
    Yeah, but that was trashbag Unworthy Thor, who wasn't exactly covering himself in glory at that point in time.

Well he wasn't carrying Mjolnir, but I don't think the hammer is tied to his durability?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well he wasn't carrying Mjolnir, but I don't think the hammer is tied to his durability?
    Said another way, Thor has had a bemusingly extended run of shame in the last little while (being overpowered one handed by Namor was pretty hilarious for instance). Though I suppose you could say things picked back up for him with War of the Realms.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-01-2019 at 09:48 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Back to 'KO'ed by a sniper rifle round' days?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Hulk has always kind of made it his business to trash Thor, Hercules. In fact the way he trashes him in the 2000s annual makes Thor so mad with frustration that he lets loose with all that he could manage at the moment and yet it doesn't have any effect on him. It seems during that period the Hulk had managed to make thor his bitch with him not being able to do much about it.

I understand that we aren't using Class 100 in the same narrow way that the term was used in the old Marvel handbooks, but do we allow for greater than Class 100 strength in Rumbles?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Hulk has always kind of made it his business to trash Thor, Hercules. In fact the way he trashes him in the 2000s annual makes Thor so mad with frustration that he lets loose with all that he could manage at the moment and yet it doesn't have any effect on him. It seems during that period the Hulk had managed to make thor his bitch with him not being able to do much about it.
    Oh the Busiek one ?

Cute.

They tend to trade back and forth for the most part, otherwise. With the most recent (that I recall) one-side Thor v. Hulk beatdown coming when Thor was dying and the Hulk was amped; and the most recent Hulk v. Thor beatdown coming during the Immortal "I'm now a Hyper Zombie" Hulk cracking Thor's skull.

Comparing feats though, they're about equal strength wise with Hulk gaining more of an edge if Thor decides to just trade punches.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh the Busiek one ?

Cute.

They tend to trade back and forth for the most part, otherwise. With the most recent (that I recall) one-side Thor v. Hulk beatdown coming when Thor was dying and the Hulk was amped; and the most recent Hulk v. Thor beatdown coming during the Immortal "I'm now a Hyper Zombie" Hulk cracking Thor's skull.

Comparing feats though, they're about equal strength wise with Hulk gaining more of an edge if Thor decides to just trade punches.
    Not the Paul Jenkins annual featuring Busiek's Avengers if you are referring to that but the subsequent annual by Erik Larsen where they duked it out one on one and Thor got owned but yeah in the beginning they were on par with each other but later on Hulk started getting the edge in their encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    "Hulk is the strongest (Class 100) there is" -- Hulk

Seriously, it is the Hulk, because with anger, he continues to grow stronger. No other Class 100 has that potential to continue to grow in strength while busy fighting. Some may have the means to enhance themselves, but like Mike Tyson once said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
    Isnt there an in continuity explanation for Juggernaut essentially having access to the same "unlimited" strength? I was under the impression that Cytorrak withheld a sizable chunk of power from Cain because Cain was remiss about carrying out his role as his "engine of destruction", or some such.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh the Busiek one ?

Cute.

During Fear Itself ?

Wouldn't call that one sided. Thor BFR'd Hulk but passed out afterwards, Hammer Hulk was totally conscious, but decided to spend the rest of the event killing vampires for some reason.

After the event Hulk's book blew chunks till Ewing.

So in that regard Thor came out the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    During Fear Itself ?

Wouldn't call that one sided. Thor BFR'd Hulk but passed out afterwards, Hammer Hulk was totally conscious, but decided to spend the rest of the event killing vampires for some reason.

After the event Hulk's book blew chunks till Ewing.

So in that regard Thor came out the better.
    Nah, Thor batted him around for awhile, drawing blood with the Hulk not managing to land a hit. Then he baited him with fluff and knocked him into orbit.

Passed out because, dying from a stab wound be received from the Baby Yggdrasil Seed thing. It as weird.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I understand that we aren't using Class 100 in the same narrow way that the term was used in the old Marvel handbooks, but do we allow for greater than Class 100 strength in Rumbles?
    It's just shorthand for the high-strength characters. The term typically stops being used around the point where you reach planet busters, and then you call them planet busters and so on.

The thing is that the term itself doesn't mean a whole lot; the feats are what matter. It's just a simply way to give some idea of where they stand for the people who aren't familiar with them, for example if you hear that someone is a class 100 it's probably not a good match-up for Spiderman.
    Last edited by Siriel; 10-01-2019 at 07:52 PM.