Time for some comic book pseudo-science.

I often wonder about some of the details about Superman's biology. The documentary "The Science of Superman" was pretty interesting at providing a foundation for some of his abilities, but there are always questions I have fun trying to find explanations for. So I'll pose some questions for you to rationalize or dig up old panels for:

How often does he breathe? Once a day? A week? A month? We know he can travel in space while holding a crazy amount of oxygen in his lungs.

On a related note, does Superman have super-smell? Of all the senses, this is the one I'm least interested in him having. Or is it like an over-sensitivity, a sense of smell so strong he avoids smelling the air unnecessarily?

Does he sleep as an ordinary human does? I don't imagine he does. Is his "sleep" more of a kind of meditation? Then again, he processes a ton of information; maybe he needs the same relative amount of rest?

In terms of food, I think most fans would say he doesn't need to eat, but does so to varying degrees as part of his human lifestyle. So then, does he poop? Or is his body mega efficient at breaking down food?

Lastly, how do he and Lois make love? Do they use romantic red sun bedroom lighting, or does Superman find pleasure in having to restrain himself immensley?

Add more questions and theories of your own!