Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    A flower from a tongue is still carbon based to carbon based.

In the 2011 prequel, the Thing is shown to spit out metal filings and any other inorganic material iirc. Been a while since I've seen that film.

Besides, it's not just it being silicon (hah!) that will be challenging. The acid blood and mutagenic nature of Xenomorphs suggest a hostile environment for any foreign invaders.
    It couldn't copy them, was the thing So if you had fillings, etc, it was another way to "prove" you weren't infected.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It couldn't copy them, was the thing So if you had fillings, etc, it was another way to "prove" you weren't infected.
    Right, ok. I feel that is some layer of evidence to suggest the Thing couldn't process the materials in a Xenomorph all that well, if at all.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Right, ok. I feel that is some layer of evidence to suggest the Thing couldn't process the materials in a Xenomorph all that well, if at all.
    Yea, that's about where I'm at as well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Silicon is a naturally occurring element in the human body. A silicate based life form would, I think, not be a stretch when you bear that in mind. Also, the 2011 Thing movie was meh. xD
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-02-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Silicon is a naturally occurring element in the human body. A silicate based life form would, I think, not be a stretch when you bear that in mind. Also, he 2011 Thing movie was meh. xD
    It's also one of those movies we pretend doesn't exist.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!