Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Xenomorphs vs. The Thing

I always wanted to see this as a movie. I can imagine the trailer playing before a film: A dead human body laying on some kind of high tech medical bay. Suddenly it's stomach explodes (startling the audience) and a baby Xenomorph slowly rises up, doing it's famous growl. However, the creature jolts, hesitates, and starts to scream...as the stomach it just burst forth from becomes a hungry slobber mouth of teeth! The alien is eaten and the stomach mouth smiles.

Anyway, for my battle situation: It's taking place in the antarctic compound. Some space marines have been sent to check the old place out (takes place in Aliens future time). They find a man frozen in ice, thaw him out...and are startled to see he's still alive (and secretly the Thing)! The site is not far from where the xenomorphs were during the events of Aliens vs. Predator and they somehow survived and formed a hive. As the marines try to fight the aliens, the Thing tries to just kill everybody.

So...can the Thing take out a single Xenomorph? Can it take a queen? Can the Thing infect a Xenomorph and take its form? Or the queen's? If it can take the form of a Xenomorph, can it fool the others as it can when it takes human form among humans?

Thing wins as long no one figures it out, even then giving it good odds.

I'm a little confused on the scenario tbh, but couldn't a xeno just rip a Thing infested humanoid to shreds? They seem stronger and more durable from what I remember.

Also, I'm not sure Thing has feats for infecting alien biology that is so vastly different from earth type carbon based life.

It's been a hot minute since I've watched Thing stuff so maybe I'm wrong.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm a little confused on the scenario tbh, but couldn't a xeno just rip a Thing infested humanoid to shreds? They seem stronger and more durable from what I remember.

Also, I'm not sure Thing has feats for infecting alien biology that is so vastly different from earth type carbon based life.

It's been a hot minute since I've watched Thing stuff so maybe I'm wrong.
    ribbing a thing apart doesn't really kill it. it just splits off into separate life forms. you gotta burn it completely to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ribbing a thing apart doesn't really kill it. it just splits off into separate life forms. you gotta burn it completely to kill it.
    I mean the acid would do a pretty good job of it. As soon as the Thing rips into the Xeno that's pretty much it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean the acid would do a pretty good job of it. As soon as the Thing rips into the Xeno that's pretty much it.
    not too sure about the acid doing much. it would hurt the thing but killing one completely? i'm iffy either way.

not too sure about the acid doing much. it would hurt the thing but killing one completely? i'm iffy either way.
    Assuming it bites down, it's gonna start eating into it pretty easily, and the Thing in this scenario only has so much organic tissue to work with.

With the, Xenomorphs being silicone-based lifeforms, IIRC, I'm also not gonna handwave Thing's ability to assimilate it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Assuming it bites down, it's gonna start eating into it pretty easily, and the Thing in this scenario only has so much organic tissue to work with.

With the, Xenomorphs being silicone-based lifeforms, IIRC, I'm also not gonna handwave Thing's ability to assimilate it.
    do xenos even eat? just curious myself.

do xenos even eat? just curious myself.
    Y'know, I've never thought about it.

Arx Inosaan

Y'know, I've never thought about it.
    thinking back on it, i've never seen a xeno kill someone out of a need for sustenance. i mean, we've seen them turn people into chunky salsa before but i can't recall actually seeing one EAT someone.

thinking back on it, i've never seen a xeno kill someone out of a need for sustenance. i mean, we've seen them turn people into chunky salsa before but i can't recall actually seeing one EAT someone.
    One of those neat little mysteries maybe, but since they're made of silicon, maybe rocks.

Arx Inosaan

One of those neat little mysteries maybe, but since they're made of silicon, maybe rocks.

I heard in some of the Prometus notes the xenos were engineered after some parasitic wasp/hawk on a alien world ( Hawk as a big means speciality killer wasp that implants eggs.)

Them being silicone makes sense though considering every canon egg was laid near electric power. Almost as if feeding off the ambient energy and as adults do it some more carapace contact.

Which can explain no eating.

Also why they are so damned acidic ( As the acidity is fluid, with a crap ton of electric charges.)

I personally had a theory that the xenos has like this bio bacteria goop they feed off of internal while electric thing makes more bacteria while acid electric goes in. Plus their reproduction of hosts hint they are protein/viral/germ strains to infect and then kill partial cloned host as either a drone or Queen.

The Dog(or bovine, depending on which version of the movie)Xenomorph from the third movie was explicitly seen eating the prisoners.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    The Dog(or bovine, depending on which version of the movie)Xenomorph from the third movie was explicitly seen eating the prisoners.
    We don't talk about that one.

Arx Inosaan

We don't talk about that one.
    I know, but it's(and Resurrection - ugh - )still unfortunately canon until Ridley Scott states otherwise.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!