Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    That's the thing. The titles are recognizable hence they're used, but they're done in a very different way than before. Perfect examples being X-Force as a mutant CIA organization, New Mutants as a spacefaring '80s throwback, or Excalibur which is practically high fantasy with mutants. Marauders is an entirely new creation people already like, and Fallen Angels may share a title with a deep cut '80s comic but that's as far as it goes and the premise is new as well.

Point is, I feel like the people who say "Dawn of X isn't doing anything new" look at only the titles and not beyond them.

And it's also true that Dawn of X was completely needed due to the bad state the X-Men was in. They needed a foundation to build off of, so it makes sense to launch classic titles like X-Force, New Mutants an Excalibur. Wave 2 should see more titles that are brand new, and I think we'll get the announcement at NYCC. It's exciting.
    I am happy also that we don't have to many Old rock band Reunion Tour rosters . The only book that is close is New Mutants and they broke the template a little with Chamber and Mondo. All the other rosters they have mix up and put in a new element in the team making it difficult to rehash the same old stories and fall into the same tropes.

Nah man,

A team on a boat!!!

New Mutants reaching out into the cosmos!!

The mutant CIA!!

An X-book venturing into mutant magic!!

and so on.....

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Of course it's not completely "new" and original...HiX-Man is building off of what came before.
    What it most certainly is, however, is different from almost everything we gotten before. It's unfortunate that some readers just cannot come to terms with that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything is so different and new that people keep constantly saying that the X-Men aren’t in control of their actions and that everything is getting reset. Even though we’ve already seen Dawn of X.......

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I have made reservations for this book as a person who skipped all the gold, blue, red and the rest of the resurrection era. dawn of x , I may read next year. MAYBE.

Frown at me but I think marvel's best story telling days are behind them.
    download.jpg

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Nah man,

A team on a boat!!!

New Mutants reaching out into the cosmos!!

The mutant CIA!!

An X-book venturing into mutant magic!!

and so on.....
    New Mutants in space just doesn't seem that new to me. I'm not really bothered, honestly, but I don't know if I feel like the fact that this particular subset of the X-Men not having done space adventures before is enough to qualify as new considering how many other X-Men in space stories there have been.

I hope X-Force actually delivers on the promise of being substantially different from the Strike Force days but I'm not yet convinced.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

While what Hickman is currently doing in the X-Books isn't 100% original. I absolutely love his execution so far and he's doing it in a way that feels fresh in my opinion. Not too many writers could write Apocalypse in a convincing manner to make me believe he would become an X-Men
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

It's not new because it does not have the All New qualifier is what the simpletons are getting at ultimately. Lol