Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    That's kind of my point. Indominus is strong enough to hurt itself. T-Rex is strong enough to hurt it as well. Edward is strong enough to hurt it and fast enough to never worry about being hurt in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You keep saying this.

The idea is that Edward is fast enough the dino won't get ahold of him, and strong enough to damage it, so at some point -- maybe quick, maybe not -- he's going to do enough damage to kill it.

The idea is NOT that Edward kills it in the first second of the match.
    Yeah but it might be so unfair if I-Rex cannot endure or stand up against against Edward Cullen's physical attacks.
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 10-02-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    You mean this isn't far-fetched?
    Not with the speed disparity between Edward and I-Rex being what it is. No, it isn’t far-fetched. Edward would be a blur to I-Rex, and by the time I-Rex attacked where Edward was, Edward would have moved. At the same time, Edward’s attacks would be raining in too fast for I-Rex to react to avoid them. And since Edward has the raw damage output to hurt I-Rex, he’d be picking I-Rex apart while receiving no damage himself.

Really, speed kills.

(Somebody, PLEASE post the Pietro scan.)

Yeah but it might be so unfair if I-Rex cannot endure or stand up against Edward Cullen's physical attacks.
    Unfair? People are only predicting the results based on the comparative abilities of the two combatants in the Rumble you posted. It’s unbalanced by speed, yes. If you don’t want that, as it’s your thread, you have the perfect right to change the conditions of the Rumble to make it speed-equalised. Otherwise, the result is the result.

The way we do things on Rumbles is to assess the outcome using the participants’ capabilities based on high-end feats consistent with the characters’ overall portrayal. In this case, both participants are portrayed as being similarly strong, but only one is portrayed as having serious superhuman speed. That makes the outcome pretty clear-cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not with the speed disparity between Edward and I-Rex being what it is. No, it isn’t far-fetched. Edward would be a blur to I-Rex, and by the time I-Rex attacked where Edward was, Edward would have moved. At the same time, Edward’s attacks would be raining in too fast for I-Rex to react to avoid them. And since Edward has the raw damage output to hurt I-Rex, he’d be picking I-Rex apart while receiving no damage himself.

Really, speed kills.

(Somebody, PLEASE post the Pietro scan.)

Unfair? People are only predicting the results based on the comparative abilities of the two combatants in the Rumble you posted. It’s unbalanced by speed, yes. If you don’t want that, as it’s your thread, you have the perfect right to change the conditions of the Rumble to make it speed-equalised. Otherwise, the result is the result.

The way we do things on Rumbles is to assess the outcome using the participants’ capabilities based on high-end feats consistent with the characters’ overall portrayal. In this case, both participants are portrayed as being similarly strong, but only one is portrayed as having serious superhuman speed. That makes the outcome pretty clear-cut.
    So if Indominus Rex tries to endure Edward Cullen's attacks, then this sounds like the difference between speed kinda messed up on this match as that'd render the dinosaur vulnerable to the vampire's attacks.
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 10-02-2019 at 11:47 PM.

So if Indominus Rex tries to endure Edward Cullen's attacks, then this sounds like the difference between speed kinda messed up on this match as that'd render the dinosaur vulnerable to the vampire's attacks.
    It doesn’t make the I-Rex any less resilient to Edward’s hits, but there’ll just be A LOT of unanswered hits, and eventually that will take its toll.

But the net result is yes, the speed difference messes up the I-Rex hugely.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm genuinely a touch bewildered that this thread is four pages long.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah but it might be so unfair if I-Rex cannot endure or stand up against against Edward Cullen's physical attacks.
    Fairness has nothing to do with 'who wins'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm genuinely a touch bewildered that this thread is four pages long.
    You and me both...and here I am, still contributing.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I don’t know if it was a language / communication issue or if it was just that the penny was on a parachute, but ever so slowly it seems to have dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Fairness has nothing to do with 'who wins'.
    But i thought Indominus Rex should tougher while being bigger as compared to Edward Cullen & what i mean is that it might be unfair especially if Indominus Rex were to get killed right at the beginning of the match while being unable to counterattack.
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 10-03-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Ok, I'm becoming genuinely confused at this thread now.

Edward can hurt the dino based on his level of strength. Possibly badly. He blitz the dino. He won't get touched by it.

Maybe it's unfair as a match up, but it is the match up you wanted us to answer. It has been answered pretty conclusively at this point.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ok, I'm becoming genuinely confused at this thread now.

Edward can hurt the dino based on his level of strength. Possibly badly. He blitz the dino. He won't get touched by it.

Maybe it's unfair as a match up, but it is the match up you wanted us to answer. It has been answered pretty conclusively at this point.
    Actually I possibly wanted the match (expect the battle) to last a little longer (NOT win too fast) & a bit more even so couldn't Indominus Rex be able to stand up, survive or endure Edward Cullen's physical attacks due to being bigger and tougher?
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 10-03-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Actually I possibly wanted the match (expect the battle) to last a little longer (NOT win too fast) & a bit more even so couldn't Indominus Rex be able to stand up, survive or endure Edward Cullen's physical attacks due to being bigger and tougher?
    No. He couldn’t.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

being bigger and "tougher" isn't gonna stop edward in the long run. if ed was fighting, say juggernaut for example, it would be pretty much a stalemate. cain couldn't catch edward because he's nowhere near fast enough to tag him but on the flip, edward couldn't beat juggs due to his ridicules levels of durability and regen.

but in this case, there is really nothing I-rex can do to stop edward from attacking him with impunity. it might take a while but edward will just wear him down and then finally kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    being bigger and "tougher" isn't gonna stop edward in the long run. if ed was fighting, say juggernaut for example, it would be pretty much a stalemate. cain couldn't catch edward because he's nowhere near fast enough to tag him but on the flip, edward couldn't beat juggs due to his ridicules levels of durability and regen.

but in this case, there is really nothing I-rex can do to stop edward from attacking him with impunity. it might take a while but edward will just wear him down and then finally kill him.
    *pssstt*

Probably a bad example. Cain could thunderclap the crap out Edward.

Your general point stands though.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    *pssstt*

Probably a bad example. Cain could thunderclap the crap out Edward.

Your general point stands though.
    i know. just picked a example of a really tough brick who isn't very fast. honestly, i forgot that cain could thunderclap.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

But i thought Indominus Rex should tougher while being bigger as compared to Edward Cullen & what i mean is that it might be unfair especially if Indominus Rex were to get killed right at the beginning of the match while being unable to counterattack.
    Well, the Dino can TRY to counterattack. As noted a whole whack of times in this thread, the fight is going to last more than a second.

The problem is that the counterattack, so to speak, isn't going to hit anything, due to Edward being a whole lot faster than the Dino.

Sadly, what we want isn't necessarily what we get in a Rumble.

And why would the Dino be able to endure Edward's attacks simply by being bigger? Tougher than the damage Edward can do, sure...IF it has the feats to show this. I mean, if you have feats for it being capable of withstanding stuff that shatters granite boulders, and withstanding these kinds of attacks when it really cannot do anything in return (due to the speed issue), then post the feats for discussion.

But no such feats have been provided.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate