Extraordinary Member

Default A Very Brady Renovation

Now that it's over, I'm curious if anyone else watched this and what you thought about it.

I'm not a Brady Bunch fanatic, but I did love the show as a child and was always fascinated by that house (or at least what I thought was the house).

What an incredible idea to take what was used as the outside house and turn the inside of it into what the soundstage inside of the house looked like. When you see what the inside of the house looked like before they started, it shows what an amazing effort that was put into designing the remodel. Then they searched all over for the vintage details to make it look as close as they could to the tv show sets.

I enjoyed every minute of this and loved seeing the six Brady 'kids' being together again.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I enjoyed every minute of this and loved seeing the six Brady 'kids' being together again.
    The most amazing thing is that none of them died, went to prison or joined cults. At least as far as I know.

Didn't see this show. I always liked that cool staircase, though.

The X-files had an episode that recreated the house and was very well done.You saw areas of the home that were never seen on the show.The episode is "Sunshine days".
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    The X-files had an episode that recreated the house and was very well done.You saw areas of the home that were never seen on the show.The episode is "Sunshine days".
    I remember that episode - it was in the final season I believe. It was so cool seeing that set. I believe Gillian Anderson said that people kept coming to the set so they could have their picture taken in the Brady Bunch house.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Yeah, it was really well done. I thought it'd be cheesy but they took it seriously and it was pretty amazing what they accomplished. The living room and kitchen were most impressive to me, but the whole thing was entertaining.

I want to watch these episodes.

I did watch some of it by accident lol, it was fun. Hubby said Marcia still looks good haha.