Default Wildcat (Ted Grant) vs White Tiger (Hector Ayala)

Who takes this?

Feats for White Tiger?

Ted is good and all, but if memory serves, he is a clear step down from the Batmans and Captain Americas of the world.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the various White Tigers not only displayed pretty decent comic book fighting skill, but also flat-out superhuman stats?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ava and Angela definitely had some super-human feats. I don't know enough about Hector tho.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Hector Ayala didn't make a lot of appearances. In theory, the magical amulets gave him low-end superhuman stats, but in actual practice, he was just a skilled martial artist who sometimes performed superhuman leaps. He wasn't a bullet-timer, or even a good aim-dodger, judging by the way he got shot 12 times by Gideon Mace with an M14.

Aside from his magical resurrection ability, Wildcat is supposedly just another CBPH who happened to be the national Golden Gloves heavyweight champion at one point. He also trained young Bruce Wayne in fighting, and also Black Canary. In actual practice, Ted has performed some borderline superhuman feats like running up a wall, shattering a handgun by stomping on it, and soloing the Injustice Society while wearing a cast on one arm.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Hector Ayala didn't make a lot of appearances. In theory, the magical amulets gave him low-end superhuman stats, but in actual practice, he was just a skilled martial artist who sometimes performed superhuman leaps. He wasn't a bullet-timer, or even a good aim-dodger, judging by the way he got shot 12 times by Gideon Mace with an M14.

Aside from his magical resurrection ability, Wildcat is supposedly just another CBPH who happened to be the national Golden Gloves heavyweight champion at one point. He also trained young Bruce Wayne in fighting, and also Black Canary. In actual practice, Ted has performed some borderline superhuman feats like running up a wall, shattering a handgun by stomping on it, and soloing the Injustice Society while wearing a cast on one arm.
    The amulets were also supposed to give Hector the skill-level of a master martial artist, but like you say we didn't see it that much.

If Hector doesn't have all the amulets, I'd say this is a relative cakewalk for Ted. With the amulets, it's a tougher fight, but I think Ted scrapes by,

Ted running up a curved wall while dodging semi-auto fire from a mind-controlled Hawkman:

Ted shattering a handgun by stomping on it:

Ted aim-dodging lots of bullets, though not bullet-timing them: