Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Birds of Prey Trailer

I don't understand why this is a Birds of Prey movie. This is clearly a Harley movie with the other characters in supporting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

I don't understand why this is a Birds of Prey movie. This is clearly a Harley movie with the other characters in supporting roles.
    Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

Outside of the DCAU and maybe the Arkham games, I can't stand Harley. At all.

As a fan of Dinah, my heart bleeds. The race bending aside, I don't like her aesthetic from what we have seen so far, but more than that, I hate how she and Helena are seemingly playing second fiddle to Harley. Canary and Huntress are actual members of the Birds of Prey and deserve the spotlight just as much as Harley does. Also, I am asking this for the millionth time, where is Barbara Gordon and why not just make a Gotham City Sirens movie?????

I love how we're treating leaving Jared Leto as Joker as a bad breakup .

I think we see Helena's Catholicism and training a bit in there.

Aside from singing and that roundhouse kick, not much with Dinah. Look like she might be the closest to Harley (poor girl).

Renee seems so out-of-place in the group shot even in this movie where no one is wearing outright costumes.

I think Cass is definitively going to be the most in-name-only character in this movie. And that scene with her and Harley handcuffed...is that who Harley breaks out of the GCPD?

Harley takes offense at "chick" but not "Broad" or the other B-word?

Ultimate Member

Doesn't look like something I'd be interested in to be honest.

Ultimate Member

You'd hardly know anyone other than Harley is in the damn movie.

So yeah, hard pass

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You'd hardly know anyone other than Harley is in the damn movie.
    YEAH, this seems to be the case... I was actually confused to who the other women in the trailer were supposed to be as the focus was on Harley. To tell you the truth I wonder why they bothered with the other characters at all in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    YEAH, this seems to be the case... I was actually confused to who the other women in the trailer were supposed to be as the focus was on Harley. To tell you the truth I wonder why they bothered with the other characters at all in this movie.
    Most comic fans probably would only realize that's Huntress with the crossbow (although they show some other Huntress stuff in there if you know how to look).

I guess they can't show Black Canary's Canary Cry yet?

Cass is practically unrecognizable.

Niffleheim

Why didn't they make a Gotham City Sirens instead? I don't get this and Harley's accent sounds off.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-01-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Obviously Warner Bros. thinks they can get a few more butts in seats by tricking Birds of Prey fans into thinking this is a Birds of Prey movie. If they would have just called the movie Harley Quinn they
    would have just gotten the Harley Quinn fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Why didn't they make a Gotham Sirens instead? I don't get this and Harley's accent sounds off.
    That is supposed to be the second movie in the trilogy. I think the third one is Gotham City Sirens vs Birds of Prey.

Turning Cass into some wise cracking sidekick of Harley. Please Warner Bros have mercy.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Turning Cass into some wise cracking sidekick of Harley. Please Warner Bros have mercy.
    Well Fox turned Mystique in to Storm's role model/hero lol! I guess they're following Fox trajectory in turning a whole team into the sidekick of an antihero/villain

I posted this rant elsewhere and I’ll share here: The biggest issue with this movie is the name. It’s a Harley Quinn solo movie being sold as Birds of Prey.

Birds of Prey has a storied history and a devoted following, and many good stories and elements they could use, but it takes a complete backseat just to give Harley Quinn a supporting cast to bounce off of. It's one that she isn't even a founding member in the comics, or really, a member, which sounds bad enough, but it's another when they're not even the focus at all. Then we have the title Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), which is totally ridiculous.

All the posters we've seen are entirely about Harley. Only one poster has the other cast members in it, and they're just little bits with Harley still the focus of the shot (you know the one). Some people have defended this, by saying Margot Robbie is enthusiastic about it and helped get the movie made as a producer, as if it's justified. For those who think it's alright, consider the hypothetical scenario below:

The X-Men franchise is joining the MCU. Now, imagine they announce a New Mutants movie reboot, starring the classic cast fans know and love like Magik, Sunspot, Cannonball, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Magma, Cypher, and Warlock. Oh, but they decide that the New Mutants themselves aren't enough to hold the movie, so you know what they do?

They throw in Deadpool.

And all the marketing and focus is solely on Deadpool, with little if any care given to the New Mutants. The movie is even called The New Mutants (and the Amazing Shenanigans of One Wade Wilson). All the others are only there to give Deadpool a supporting cast to bounce off of, and may not even be proper representations of the characters. Here's the thing: Ryan Reynolds is enthusiastic about it, and he helped get the movie made as a producer. Would this be justified?

That's the main issue. They call it Birds of Prey, they feature beloved characters, but it's all about Harley. They should've just made a Harley Quinn solo movie, because that's what this really is.

Anyone else feel this way?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

The movie was going to be a Harley Quinn solo flick, but Margot wanted a girl-gang. At no point was WB wanting to give us an actual BoP movie.