Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
The movie was going to be a Harley Quinn solo flick, but Margot wanted a girl-gang. At no point was WB wanting to give us an actual BoP movie.
The only reason there is anything vaguely resembling Birds of Prey is because Margot Robbie wanted to make the movie. If it were just up to Warner Bros. there never would have been a Birds of Prey movie anyway.
Birds of Prey was never even on Warner Bros's radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
the trailer is disappointing. I was afraid of this. harley quinn is becoming what Jennifer lawerence was to the xmen films and it might be worse. also the tone feels like suicide squad light? I am not sure what it wants to be,

But all the focus been on Harley is way too much. this is not birds of prey. this is birds of prey

That is not Birds of Prey either. Where is Batgirl? All this does is substitute Catwoman for Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
Why are people complaining the name of the movie is Birds of Prey:and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn. It is not like they are hiding it is heavily Harley Quinn focus. And Harley Quinn is easily DC biggest female character and I say that knowing that Wonder Woman and Catwoman exists(Fight me).
Supergirl too. Supergirl is also a big character. She is getting another movie, has her own comic book, and has her own TV show. Plus Supergirl is a major character in the DC Super Hero Girls cartoons. At this point in time
Supergirl might be a bigger character than Catwoman outside the comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

The main issue is that Birds of Prey is a series that could be good without Harley. You could replace Harley with Barbara as Oracle, make the others more recognizable, and closer to the source, and it'd all fit. Marvel can make Guardians of the Galaxy work, and if DC had that talent, Birds of Prey could be excellent. Instead, it's just "Harley" and the others are only there to support her, and aren't even recognizable as their characters apart from Huntress who somehow got comparatively lucky.
The studio could make any character work if they wanted too. The question is do they want to. What is their incentive? Who is pitching the movie? Until Margot Robbie came along was there anyone wanting to make a Birds of Prey movie?
If so I never heard anything about it.

If you don't consider this movie a Birds of Prey movie you are no better or worse off than before. You weren't going to get a Birds of Prey movie anyway and so you still don't get a Birds of Prey movie.