Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    BoP don't need a Batgirl. Barbara Gordon yes but not Batgirl. Huntress and Canary are enough to make it recognizably BoP.
    With the Birds all you really need is Black Canary, Huntress, and Oracle.

Maybe throw in Lady Blackhawk if you need a big "spoiler."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, Will Smith's 'charm' was a big part of why SS sucked.

He made Deadshot a cliche 80s Hitman ("No women, no children"), never built a rapport with Flag and frankly, was the same Will Smith action hero we've always seen.
    Deadshot and Flagg weren't best friends in the comic, but I thought they had a decent working relationship in the comics.

There was a seen relatively early on, I thought Smith captured the tiredness of Deadshot perfectly. Then he got a little too "Will Smith-ish" at times. That said, them giving Deadshot a kid in the comics (and Deadshot knowing about it now), fundamentally changed the character.

Deadshot also got off easy compared to Flag and Enchantress.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Deadshot and Flagg weren't best friends in the comic, but I thought they had a decent working relationship in the comics.

There was a seen relatively early on, I thought Smith captured the tiredness of Deadshot perfectly. Then he got a little too "Will Smith-ish" at times. That said, them giving Deadshot a kid in the comics (and Deadshot knowing about it now), fundamentally changed the character.

Deadshot also got off easy compared to Flag and Enchantress.
    Deadshot and Flag hated each other from what I remembered. They could act professionally on a mission but beyond that...the only time there seemed to be some kind of understanding was when Deadshot deliriously thought Flag was his brother and saved him from the rest of the Squad.

Honestly, Will Smith's 'charm' was a big part of why SS sucked.

He made Deadshot a cliche 80s Hitman ("No women, no children"), never built a rapport with Flag and frankly, was the same Will Smith action hero we've always seen.
    Will Smith being Will Smith was the best part of the movie for me. Take him out Harley woulda got old fast and the movie becomes unwatchable. Flagg was Meh, Boomerang was good but was barely there.

Anyway I have no emotional connection to BoP so them shitting on the source material isnt gonna be a factor for me. That said movie doesnt appeal to me. I'll 100% end up giving it a chance though

Astonishing Member

YouTube views for HQ from Warner Brothers website in the 24 hours seems rather small for a 'big' movie. Don't think it's getting a lot of interest from the general public.

I wish people would stop saying that we should be thankful to Robbie for this BOP movie. It's not as if its a small studio production, and the source material isn't Saga or Sandman or some other obscure but well received series.
    That is exactly it , WB isn't small studio and they are big stuff sitting around that would make more money hasn't been made that are easier sells than BoP. They would made a BoP movie someday sure but reason you see BoP 2019 not 2030 because of Robbie. Explain to me why Justice League 2, Superman 2, Green Lantern, Nightwing/Red Hood/ Batgirl/ Joker/ Catwoman/Robin, Flash, Teen Titans/Young Justice, Supergirl, John Constantine, Swamp Thing,etc don't get made before BoP. If DC was smoothly putting out successful movies you have a point but BoP makes no sense being made with critical and financial failures world that was DCEU at the time. This project got pushed to front because of Robbie.

As I understood it(and someone can correct me I am wrong) they wanted Harley Quinn solo movie but Margot Robbie wanted more of a female group hero movie and she pushed for that. They were a couple of female movie treatments in the pipeline Birds of Prey and Gotham City Sirens. They went with Birds of Prey treatment/script and later Gotham City Sirens got canceled because it played a little too close to what Birds of Prey had become now. The fact that Robbie has production company and deal with WB to make movies played a big part in the movie being made fast. She is has first look deal with WB basically any movie she makes they have first right distribute the movie.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-02-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most comic fans probably would only realize that's Huntress with the crossbow (although they show some other Huntress stuff in there if you know how to look).

I guess they can't show Black Canary's Canary Cry yet?

Cass is practically unrecognizable.
    Most people don't know who huntress or black canary are anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is exactly it , WB isn't small studio and they are big stuff sitting around that would make more money hasn't been made that are easier sells than BoP. They would made a BoP movie someday sure but reason you see BoP 2019 not 2030 because of Robbie. Explain to me why Justice League 2, Superman 2, Green Lantern, Nightwing/Red Hood/ Batgirl/ Joker/ Catwoman/Robin, Flash, Teen Titans/Young Justice, Supergirl, John Constantine, Swamp Thing,etc don't get made before BoP. If DC was smoothly putting out successful movies you have a point but BoP makes no sense being made with critical and financial failures world that was DCEU at the time. This project got pushed to front because of Robbie.

As I understood it(and someone can correct me I am wrong) they wanted Harley Quinn solo movie but Margot Robbie wanted more of a female group hero movie and she pushed for that. They were a couple of female movie treatments in the pipeline Birds of Prey and Gotham City Sirens. They went with Birds of Prey treatment/script and later Gotham City Sirens got canceled because it played a little too close to what Birds of Prey had become now. The fact that Robbie has production company and deal with WB to make movies played a big part in the movie being made fast. She is has first look deal with WB basically any movie she makes they have first right distribute the movie.
    How about you explain to me why movies like Ant-man and Black Panther were made?

DC isn't blind, all they have to do is look at Marvel and see that any character can make money, if the director knows what they are doing. Being high profile isn't the advantage you think it is.

And frankly, I'd rather wait through a Teen Titans movie to get to a BOP movie, than a BOP movie that throws all the characters under the bus for Harley, who's secret origin is domestic violence

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Deadshot and Flag hated each other from what I remembered. They could act professionally on a mission but beyond that...the only time there seemed to be some kind of understanding was when Deadshot deliriously thought Flag was his brother and saved him from the rest of the Squad.
    No, Deadshot respected Flag a great deal (though that didn't stop him from needling him), though Flag didn't care for the criminal members in general.

Also, in the comic, Flag wasn't Deadshot or Waller's bitch. He could put them in their place, if need be. But since their actors got paid more...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Hahaha. Ditto.

How about you explain to me why movies like Ant-man and Black Panther were made?
    As Killerbee said, explain why a Birds of Prey movie sans Harley Quinn would take priority over Justice League 2, Superman 2, Green Lantern, Nightwing, Batgirl, Catwoman, Robin, Flash, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Supergirl,
    John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Martian Manhunter, Jonah Hex, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Atom, Green Arrow? Sure a Birds of Prey movie could be made. So could any of these other movies. The only reason BoP with Harley
    Quinn is being made ahead of these other movies is because of Margot Robbie.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    As Killerbee said, explain why a Birds of Prey movie sans Harley Quinn would take priority over Justice League 2, Superman 2, Green Lantern, Nightwing, Batgirl, Catwoman, Robin, Flash, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Supergirl,
    John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Martian Manhunter, Jonah Hex, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Atom, Green Arrow? Sure a Birds of Prey movie could be made. So could any of these other movies. The only reason BoP with Harley
    We suppose to be grateful for that? I would prefer for BoP to be shelved then what we're getting.

Idk, maybe because Marvel could make characters and teams lower than that of BoP work because they had the talent to pull it off? Seriously, Birds of Prey as a movie could be awesome, but no, we're left with this.

I think the problem is that while yes, Birds of Prey wouldn't have been made now without Robbie, it's not a movie that comic fans want. It's not the Birds of Prey we all remember reading and loving; it's become a Harley Quinn movie featuring unrecognizable versions of characters we all like. And I'm like many others, who wished this had gotten shelved rather than made.

As for your list-

Green Lantern has his movie; it flopped and is now a running gag in the Deadpool series.

Justice League- flopped, causing WB to rethink their entire strategy and drop the shared universe

John Constantine- had a movie, not sure how it did.

Swamp Thing- had a movie, not sure how well remembered it is.

Jonah Hex- had a movie, flopped.

Flash, Supergirl, Green Arrow, Atom, and Martian Manhunter all live on TV right now. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle have been in development hell for over a decade.

Nightwing, and an argument could be made for the Teen Titans, are on TV right now. Young Justice lives on in animation.

And all of that happened before BOP.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I never thought I'll live to see the 2002 Birds of Prey show would be the best live action version.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 10-03-2019 at 09:29 AM.