Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm more worried about Cassandra.
    They are all terrible, but Black Canary is one of my favorite DC heroines and one of the most beautiful one. So I feel so bad about her.

I am guessing that if the movie does well enough and Gotham City Sirens is the sequel that Zoe Kravitz will be Catwoman.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/t...an-1203302757/

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am guessing that if the movie does well enough and Gotham City Sirens is the sequel that Zoe Kravitz will be Catwoman.

How? The Affleck Batman was in Suicide Squad he punched Harley.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    How? The Affleck Batman was in Suicide Squad he punched Harley.
    Is Matt Reeves Batman film no longer in the DCEU?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

Assuming they're thinking that far ahead .
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is Matt Reeves Batman film no longer in the DCEU?
    There really isn't a firm DCEU at this point. All the movies are basically standalones now.

So early reactions are mixed.

Critic reviews are embargoed till the day before the movie comes out. U guys thinking that's because of a lack of confidence or is there some huge suprise they dont want spoiled?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

Critic reviews are embargoed till the day before the movie comes out. U guys thinking that's because of a lack of confidence or is there some huge suprise they dont want spoiled?
    Do people still bring up early reactions? this was even less credible than RT before RT lost all meaning. Many movies have or had good early reactions , they turned out bad with large negative reviews.

I won't worry about critics reviews, they are still trying to figure out their faux Joker outrage mixed reviews to play blind bias to another DC movie that tries to think for itself. On a much larger note, it will be interesting to see how this female driven movie is accepted, almost one year ago we had captain marvel that a lot of critics went to the ends of the earth to protect. Wonder if they will do that for birds of prey, another female driven film.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-28-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

I heard some of the test screenings went very well, but I guess you can never be too sure.

WB might feel something like this is untested and different enough to not want to risk critics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Assuming they're thinking that far ahead .

There really isn't a firm DCEU at this point. All the movies are basically standalones now.
    I'm not sure about that, all the current films have more of a unified brand now than when Snyder was in control. Superman had a cameo in Shazam! Marvel built up their universe first with a signature "house style," and implied world building that didn't contradict other films. Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam all feel like the same universe to me.

I heard some of the test screenings went very well, but I guess you can never be too sure.

WB might feel something like this is untested and different enough to not want to risk critics.
    Also heard people suggest that a big character makes a Cameo in it and they dont wsnt it spoiled. I havent read any plot leaks so I dont know.

Test screening can't be trusted either, what is sad is I have now seen some in the media turn this into a weapon. I miss the 90s when we had legit film criticism than these social media crap of early reactions, watching rt numbers rise and fall. twitter emojis reactions and test screening.

I Don't think WB are all that invested in the film, they are throwing it out there hoping it sticks, I don't think they care so much about critics this time as they did with Justice League after the critical mess of Batman v Superman. WB wants to downgrade the Snyder DCEU, they can hardly use the joker and hardly romance anymore. WB main focus now is getting The Batman ready. birds of prey feels more like a fun thing WB can dismiss in the future if they want too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'm not sure about that, all the current films have more of a unified brand now than when Snyder was in control. Superman had a cameo in Shazam! Marvel built up their universe first with a signature "house style," and implied world building that didn't contradict other films. Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam all feel like the same universe to me.
    And in Aquaman Mera reminded he fought Steppenwolf. They're just wisely letting every movie breathe their own air, if that makes sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I Don't think WB are all that invested in the film, they are throwing it out there hoping it sticks, I don't think they care so much about critics this time as they did with Justice League after the critical mess of Batman v Superman. WB wants to downgrade the Snyder DCEU, they can hardly use the joker and hardly romance anymore. WB main focus now is getting The Batman ready. birds of prey feels more like a fun thing WB can dismiss in the future if they want too.
    Snyder's EU is dead, the current films are a new EU that ignores that era - aside from Wonder Woman. BOP feels to me how like another take on what Suicide Squad should have been. A low stakes black comedy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    WB main focus now is getting The Batman ready. birds of prey feels more like a fun thing WB can dismiss in the future if they want too.
    It has a super small budget. (75M), and if it meets opening week expectations (50M), it will be an easy moneymaker.

One of the test screen reviewers claimed Black Canary fans would be happy. She has the 2nd most screen time and while the actress doesn't really look like the comics BC, the character is relatively spot on.

Astonishing Member

Birds of Prey should be a brand new IP onscreen for WB. Potential franchise. Instead they lacked faith in the IP by having HQ 'save' the day. Move on to new IPs without having to rely on ones that are already established.
    Harley is 'saving' the day, but if the movie is a hit, why couldn't they have their own movie without her at some point?