Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
I Don't think WB are all that invested in the film, they are throwing it out there hoping it sticks, I don't think they care so much about critics this time as they did with Justice League after the critical mess of Batman v Superman. WB wants to downgrade the Snyder DCEU, they can hardly use the joker and hardly romance anymore. WB main focus now is getting The Batman ready. birds of prey feels more like a fun thing WB can dismiss in the future if they want too.
I don't know where you're getting this idea from. Considering the cost to make this film, and that it's not an awards-bait movie like JOKER, they've been doing pretty good on the getting the advertisements for this out there. It's just a smaller scale, less money put into it movie. Kinda like Shazam. They're talking about doing sequels and spin-offs, with the possibility of Gotham City Sirens vs Birds of Prey down the line.

Just because WB obviously isn't looking to make a billion off this film doesn't mean they aren't invested. They have plans if it does well enough. They'll just use the rebooted Batman and a new Joker if they have to down the line, and not worry about the old Snyder continuity stuff.