Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hal Jordan - The Green Lantern
    greenlantern.jpg
    Simple and effective. Something about that specific combination of that green and black, with spots of white and even the mask as a perfect accent makes this a near-perfect aesthetic to my eye. Love that they raised the waistline so that it doesn't have the swimsuit look anymore, but other than that, pretty much unchanged since Kane. It's actually why I started reading GL in the first place.

Kyle Rayner's original costume
    Superman blue, tbh xD
    Hook hand Aquaman
    The Ray
    Any Dr. Fate costume
    Always liked Orion's look too, especially more modern ones

Catwoman of the 1950s and late 1970s/early 1980s.

CW_OLD_C.jpg

Supergirl of the TV series seasons 1-4

melissa-benoist-gets-back-to-supergirl-filming-after-filing-from-divorce-from-blake-jenner-09.jpg

Movie Wonder Woman

wonder-woman-22820.jpg
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 10-03-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Modern (-ish) designs
    1) Darryl Banks Parallax, I didn't like Hal as a villain but the look is boss I hope Hal can reclaim it for his Super Sayian form
    2) George Perez Lex Luthor remodel (I really like the armored look Perez came up with more than any other design
    3) Joe Quesada's Azrael (I remember seeing the flaming blades look in previews and was hooked got me on board before Knightfall)
    4) Joe Quesada's Az-Bats (like this look the early version before it got too clunky at the end)

All Time
    1) Cockrum's Lightning Lad (timeless costume might be my favorite all time)
    2) Hal Jordan Green Lantern (with the shoulder pads I don't like the original look (without sleaves) because it looks like a wife beater t-shirt
    3) Guy Gardner's Crisis on Infinite Earths redesign (I always liked the gloves and moon boots)
    4) Alan Scott (the classic look) it shouldn't work but it does so many colors that cape (the Starheart redesign was cool but not as cool as the archtype look)
    5) Kent Nelson Dr. Fate full helmet look it just works for me.

Definitely Superman, with or without trunks. His prime colors and flowing red cape making looks instantly iconic.

I like different versions, including the New 52 because it looks badass and modern.

I've always liked Firestorm's costume:
    61Nf3-yM+5L._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's difficult to pick. Especially when factoring in those that are just so very known that I never thoughtabout them (Superman, Batman, leotard-Wonder Woman). Of course, there have been variations in those. For older ones, I sometimes look at them compared to others premiering in same era, but sometimes I don't. Then there are some I like, but know are a bit derivative (like Supergirl or Batgirl originally). Just can't go down to just one.

I don't know a lot of artists' names, so will give eras. Costumes in no particular era.

Nigtwing in the latter 1990s.
    Wonder Woman in Rebirth (which is a take on her movie outfit, but really works for me)
    Barry Allen's Flash - quite plain, when you think on it, but it just works for me
    Hal Jordan's Green Lantern - I think it's a good outfit. Bettered later by dropping the bottom green.
    Raven's first look - classic and clean and doesn't end up looking dated. Also, because she is a less physical hero, the dress aspect isn't a problem the way it would be for some.

Honorable mentions to bronze age Black Canary and Green Arrow and Cass' Batgirl.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-03-2019 at 02:59 PM.

OH and,

Thomas Wayne's batsuit, dem shoulder spikes
    Val Zod and Calvin Ellis super suits
    Batwing, David Zavimbe
    And idk how I forgot, AzBats of course <3
    And almost any look for Darkseid
    Last edited by Dog of War; 10-04-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Cockrum's Lightning Lad (timeless costume might be my favorite all time)
    That is definitely a classic. It's so good and it's been around for so long that you can easily take it for granted.

Last edited by caj; 10-04-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Gotta say Classic Superman it's the only costume when changed in regular continuity it really bugs me.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Superman - Bronze Age and beyond
    The Flash - Wally's 90's suit followed closely by the classic Barry Allen suit
    Zatanna - Fishnets on legs, please (that famous Brian Bolland cover features the best version, I think).
    Hal Jordan - Silver Age to Emerald Twilight (I weirdly much prefer when the green doesn't stop above the waste, so his classic look slightly overtakes his modern version)
    Blue Beetle - Ted Kord (one of THE underrated superhero costumes; it's brilliant)
    Batwoman - Kate Kane (Probably my favourite modern design)
    Batman - Neal Adams design
    Catwoman - Darwyn Cooke design, especially when drawn by Darwyn Cooke
    Supergirl - TV show or Linda Danvers in the first 50 issues
    Kyle Rayner - Original costume
    Superboy - Kon El, original costume
    Robin - Original Tim Drake costume
    Batman Beyond
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.