Default Young Justice #9 Preview/Spoiler Discussion

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Haven't really been feeling Young Justice for a while now, but there's a lot to like here. The art and the feel of the whole thing are fantastic. The image of some kids watching a GL get stuck up is very striking in a good way.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Issue 9? That means my shop never got 8 and just pretended it didn't happen lol. I jumped on with 7, I'm liking this stuff.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Issue 9? That means my shop never got 8 and just pretended it didn't happen lol. I jumped on with 7, I'm liking this stuff.
    Issue 7 was amazing.

Superlad, have you not read 7?

You need to read 7.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Kinda not surprised Bendis wrote a Green Lantern getting shot to death by normal bullets, but I guess it's probably the gauntlet's fault.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda not surprised Bendis wrote a Green Lantern getting shot to death by normal bullets, but I guess it's probably the gauntlet's fault.
    If a GL is on his knees in a trash heap, I'm assuming the ring is offline. There's no rule saying an alien life form needs to be more durable than we are, so I'm willing to accept an execution working. This isn't too egregious for Bendis.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Legion status quo to be humdrum over.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If a GL is on his knees in a trash heap, I'm assuming the ring is offline. There's no rule saying an alien life form needs to be more durable than we are, so I'm willing to accept an execution working. This isn't too egregious for Bendis.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Legion status quo to be humdrum over.
    It's probably the gauntlet. It's just having something so mundane happen to a GL that just kind of rankles me a little.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's probably the gauntlet. It's just having something so mundane happen to a GL that just kind of rankles me a little.
    The issue agrees with you. A character just outright verbalizes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Issue 7 was amazing.

Superlad, have you not read 7?

You need to read 7.
    I read it, and thought it was a whole lot of fun, but this was the issue that got me back in. Pretty sure this is my favorite issue of Bendis' Young Justice so far. Very well put together.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-02-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Always Rakzo

Well, is good that Bendis is finally delivering some origins. Mind you, this should have happened very early on but hey, better late than never?

And Teen Lantern's backstory is interesting enough, Bendis plays with the source of her powers as a mystery which is something that he also did in Naomi which makes this seems a bit repetitive but at least allows for a decent plot-point.

The Earth 3 setting is still good, mostly because Bendis is handling brand new characters he created instead of messing-up established ones like he did when he handled the Crime Syndicate. There's also a compelling idea about if the team should save this world or escape.

Nice art. A decent read overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The issue agrees with you. A character just outright verbalizes it.
    It'd be nice on that front, but I can never be too sure in these kinds of instances .