Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member MeGrimlock420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    396

    Default Young Justice #9 Preview/Spoiler Discussion


  2. #2
    Fantastic Member MeGrimlock420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    396

    Default






  3. #3
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,831

    Default

    Haven't really been feeling Young Justice for a while now, but there's a lot to like here. The art and the feel of the whole thing are fantastic. The image of some kids watching a GL get stuck up is very striking in a good way.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  4. #4
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,189

    Default

    Issue 9? That means my shop never got 8 and just pretended it didn't happen lol. I jumped on with 7, I'm liking this stuff.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Issue 9? That means my shop never got 8 and just pretended it didn't happen lol. I jumped on with 7, I'm liking this stuff.
    Issue 7 was amazing.

    Superlad, have you not read 7?

    You need to read 7.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,592

    Default

    Kinda not surprised Bendis wrote a Green Lantern getting shot to death by normal bullets, but I guess it's probably the gauntlet's fault.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda not surprised Bendis wrote a Green Lantern getting shot to death by normal bullets, but I guess it's probably the gauntlet's fault.
    If a GL is on his knees in a trash heap, I'm assuming the ring is offline. There's no rule saying an alien life form needs to be more durable than we are, so I'm willing to accept an execution working. This isn't too egregious for Bendis.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Legion status quo to be humdrum over.

  8. #8
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If a GL is on his knees in a trash heap, I'm assuming the ring is offline. There's no rule saying an alien life form needs to be more durable than we are, so I'm willing to accept an execution working. This isn't too egregious for Bendis.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Legion status quo to be humdrum over.
    It's probably the gauntlet. It's just having something so mundane happen to a GL that just kind of rankles me a little.

  9. #9
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's probably the gauntlet. It's just having something so mundane happen to a GL that just kind of rankles me a little.
    The issue agrees with you. A character just outright verbalizes it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Issue 7 was amazing.

    Superlad, have you not read 7?

    You need to read 7.
    I read it, and thought it was a whole lot of fun, but this was the issue that got me back in. Pretty sure this is my favorite issue of Bendis' Young Justice so far. Very well put together.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-02-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  10. #10
    Always Rakzo
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Well, is good that Bendis is finally delivering some origins. Mind you, this should have happened very early on but hey, better late than never?

    And Teen Lantern's backstory is interesting enough, Bendis plays with the source of her powers as a mystery which is something that he also did in Naomi which makes this seems a bit repetitive but at least allows for a decent plot-point.

    The Earth 3 setting is still good, mostly because Bendis is handling brand new characters he created instead of messing-up established ones like he did when he handled the Crime Syndicate. There's also a compelling idea about if the team should save this world or escape.

    Nice art. A decent read overall.

  11. #11
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The issue agrees with you. A character just outright verbalizes it.
    It'd be nice on that front, but I can never be too sure in these kinds of instances .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •