Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Interesting, what do you have against the articles? I don't check them out, but there must be something appealing about them.
    I find most of them to be dull, and offering little in the way of new info or insights.

TV Tropes used to be a fun website of narrative and cliches of movies, tv shows, Video games, etc. However in recent years it become a shadow of it's former self and glory Google friendly ads flooded the site with malware and you had to pay for deactivate them in a scammy way. It moderators on that site become annoying with erratic behavior with political stance, can't take criticism and not agreeing with them most particularly Fighteer who's a scumbag on forums and it's Ask The Tropers section is filled with people on getting rid of people with ridiculous policies and new rules Zero Context Examples, natter, edit wars, etc.

And Fighteer like a petty manchild he is goes full wapath on people criticizing his Sacred Cow and Fanboyism of World of Warcraft and he's known abusing the banhammer for no reason by rejecting new users who registered claiming them as ban evaders by searching their IP and VPN and seeing as scummy trolls in their eyes as he's a bad influence among other Mods.

I have thankfully quit due to argument with them on the site and had the audacity by calling me unintelligent troll and sockpuppet for ban evading even I didn't do such thing by evidence on email
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 11-11-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

CBR is the poster child for this thread unfortunately. Luckily the forums are still good.

Bleeding Cool has certainly slipped. Rich Johnston's articles are still good, but they've sidelined him a lot in favour of idiots who can't help injecting their own conclusions and moralising clumsily into their articles. You know it's got bad when Jude Terror is one of the better writers there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    CBR is the poster child for this thread unfortunately. Luckily the forums are still good.

Bleeding Cool has certainly slipped. Rich Johnston's articles are still good, but they've sidelined him a lot in favour of idiots who can't help injecting their own conclusions and moralising clumsily into their articles. You know it's got bad when Jude Terror is one of the better writers there.
    I haven't been sidelined. I'm writing more than ever. And I've always injected my conclusions and moralising. But thanks 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    I haven't been sidelined. I'm writing more than ever. And I've always injected my conclusions and moralising. But thanks 8-)
    Sidelined is probably the wrong word. There are a lot more stories on BC these days, so your articles have become a smaller proportion, and and it feels less like "Rich Johnston's Bleeding Cool" (which I know you've always denied it was - but it felt that way), and more just "Bleeding Cool"

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post

The sad things is, even with all its flaws, Bleeding Cool is IMHO one of the better geek news sites currently, even if that's mostly by default. Newsarama is fine, but it doesn't do much original journalism beyond basically regurgitating official company press releases (though on the plus side, it tends to avoid sensationalism and rumors). Comics Alliance is a ghost town. ComicBook.com at least has some Pipeline articles by Augie De Blieck and Benny Hasa's interviews with Erik Larsen. SequArt is very good, but it's bread and butter is opinion pieces more so than reporting news.

And CBR has also declined.

Could someone please tell me more about the account purge mentioned earlier in this thread? If the bans were mostly relegated to those who leveled personal attacks at CBR writers, that makes sense. But if criticizing CBR's content at all is frowned upon, I'm worried.

*Inserts 14 ads, and autoplay toilet paper video ads that make Rich's post a pain to read and navigate*

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    The only thing that's really sidelined at BC is the actual content buried behind the plethora of ads. I've stopped visiting the site because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    *Inserts 14 ads, and autoplay toilet paper video ads that make Rich's post a pain to read and navigate*

The only thing that's really sidelined at BC is the actual content buried behind the plethora of ads. I've stopped visiting the site because of them.
    That's entirely understandable. I personally find it frustrating that when a page on BC finishes loading, I often have to press a "click to read more" notice to see the whole article. Rich, if you're reading this, I would love more than anything else to this be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    IMDB - not the same since the forums were removed due to trolling, illegal download links etc.
    I would think that the forum removals would've been an automatic improvement for IMDB.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Tumblr. And we ALL KNOW WHY!!!
    Yes, I've heard that it pretty much is a graveyard now.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    I find most of them to be dull, and offering little in the way of new info or insights.
    I would say they’re probably not geared towards experienced readers.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but KillerMovies aka KMC.

I used to participate there a lot under the handle of "Lord S", from 2005 to about 2012. The entire forum is pretty much a ghost town now. It's actually quite tragic, and depressing. I still log in once a month or so just for the hell of it.

Don't know about the current state of CBR in terms of traffic, I barely log in here these days. Not really into comics anymore. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Used to be a daily regular at Something Awful, then meh. Just can't be bothered anymore.
    First I’ve heard of it, just checked it out and it seems exactly as advertised. What happened to it?