Page 18 of 106 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I love Jean and Emma being friends even though they don't always like each other. Sometimes they sorta like each other, sometimes they hate each other (or at least judge each other harshly). But, they still have a healthy respect for each other's abilities (powers, strategies, leadership etc).

They have always had a degree of respect for each other, even when they were taking each other's measure during their first fight, even when they were sniping at each other in Uncanny 281. In Morrison's run, Jean respected Emma's brilliance and trusted her to save the day (in Imperial) even though she considered her a bitch and didn't want her interfering with Scott. Emma respected Jean's power and volatile emotions even as she made fun of her common breeding and thought she was too uptight for Scott. There are issues of New X-Men where they are walking along the grounds of the school talking about the students and other issues. They have a degree of friendship and mutual respect which often get ignored.

Teen Jean also had this 'friends with occasional significant conflict' relationship with Emma as well. Likewise, for Ghost-Jean.
    I think that you are saying co-workers. That isn't friendship at all

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He didn't say he blamed them. He said many times mutants have come to the rescue and saved humans but when 16 million mutants were killed man did nothing.
    When avengers save the world, they also save mutants.

and what could had done?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

He is officially the x-men jobber haha
    Comes with by the unfavorite. You get used to hype everyone else's favs. Hickman is no different. lol But again I am not mad about it since Creed needed a break.

But the execution had some flaws. The idea they send Creed out for a non-killing mission & exile him for killing when Wolverine & Monet shredded humans on their mission as well. All those guards there, and Creed only killed two, he did didn't seem totally out of control and they were sent to retrieve info that was a must getting back to Krakoa. So if the guards interfered with the mission, it would have been fighting back to get things accomplished.

Pus this punishment would've been better if we dealt with Tieri Creed who was genuinely scary and dangerous because he was feral & smart. Plus that one would have pointed out hypocrisy among his judgement by some of those others there, rather than just making empty threats.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-02-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I love Jean and Emma being friends even though they don't always like each other. Sometimes they sorta like each other, sometimes they hate each other (or at least judge each other harshly). But, they still have a healthy respect for each other's abilities (powers, strategies, leadership etc).

They have always had a degree of respect for each other, even when they were taking each other's measure during their first fight, even when they were sniping at each other in Uncanny 281. In Morrison's run, Jean respected Emma's brilliance and trusted her to save the day (in Imperial) even though she considered her a bitch and didn't want her interfering with Scott. Emma respected Jean's power and volatile emotions even as she made fun of her common breeding and thought she was too uptight for Scott. There are issues of New X-Men where they are walking along the grounds of the school talking about the students and other issues. They have a degree of friendship and mutual respect which often get ignored.

Teen Jean also had this 'friends with occasional significant conflict' relationship with Emma as well. Likewise, for Ghost-Jean.
    With time the dynamics of their relationship can transform into some sort of Professor X/Magneto. I think it would be interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Love this issue, I’ll have more time to discuss later when I get off of work. I would like to say however that I’m happy some points of initial contention amongst the more skeptical of the readership were addressed in regards to: the ethical treatment and mindset involving humans and the proper judiciary sentencing for those who break the law/violate human protection sanctions(Sabretooth’s trial). I hope people will come around to the idea that this isn’t just some lawless, mutant nationalist, human hate parade of an island and realize that the mutants are actually trying to make it work AS WELL as survive.
    Considering my first and biggest take away from this issue is that "mutant law" is a farce, you might be wrong.

and what could had done?
    half the time the Avengers are just cleaning up their own mess.

I think that you are saying co-workers. That isn't friendship at all

and what could had done?
    But when mutants are specifically targeted Earth's mightest heros are no where to be seen. So that's a big difference. If humans are attacked and mutants are saved as a byproduct that isn't the same thing as if mutants are attacked the supposed protectors of earth show up to help them. On the other hand mutants show up when humans are in danger, aliens are in danger, other mutants are in danger. Big diff.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This issue filled me with optimism.
    Not just because the mutants have a moment of joy, but because Hickman created an whole new world of possibilites for the franchise.
    I couldn't be more excited for what comes next.

Jean and Kurt had their moments in the reunion.
    Finally we got rid of Creed.
    Mutant orgy is real.

Gorgon is a horrible person precisely because he is a nihilist who doesn't care about anything because he thinks everything doesn't matter because everyone is going to die. But perhaps if he finds something to believe in alongside the fact that death is no longer inevitable, he can be redeemed.

Although probably not.

Are some of you being serious with a potential polyamorous relationship?

20191002_085716.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Comes with by the unfavorite. You get used to hype everyone else's favs. Hickman is no different. lol But again I am not mad about it since Creed needed a break.

But the execution had some flaws. The idea they send Creed out for a non-killing mission & exile him for killing when Wolverine & Monet shredded humans on their mission as well. All those guards there, and Creed only killed two, he did didn't seem totally out of control and they were sent to retrieve info that was a must getting back to Krakoa. So if the guards interfered with the mission, it would have been fighting back to get things accomplished.

Pus this punishment would've been better if we dealt with Tieri Creed who was genuinely scary and dangerous because he was feral & smart. Plus that one would have pointed out hypocrisy among his judgement by some of those others there, rather than just making empty threats.
    Monet and Wolverine were ok to kill because the mission was ok to use lethal force. As we saw the orchis massacrated the x-men, so use lethal force in a war setting is ok

It is tiring to see Creed as always the joke. I don't think anyone ever takes him seriously anymore

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    They did Creed dirty. Imagine being sentenced for murder by people like Sinister, Exodus, Apocalypse, Mystique
    I fully understand how absurd that sounds from a general perspective but 1) a blank slate for all mutants in the renaissance they’re experiencing now was foundational to the concept of them coming together. Creed was invited to join the community and was given explicit instructions as to their treatments of humans. He ignored them. He got what he deserved. 2) there’s wasn’t an ounce of remorse(not that there ever would be with him) so I didn’t see any potential for leniency and that’s his own fault. 3) he was literally frothing at the mouth at the idea of murdering them and all of their descendants during his trial. What more could’ve been expected of them as far as his sentencing, I have no idea.

Love how all anyone can talk about is the foursome potential and the ethics of Creed.

Meanwhile there are juicy bits Hickman has left for us to notice... See something "Sinister" behind the Paris campfire scene?

Creed is Lucifer he is going to be steering good mutants away from the path of Selene

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I do not feel sorry for Creed, but I was certain Wolverine gutted a few humies on his last field trip too.
    That was “in defense of the nation” as I think Magneto put it. Creed’s killing was just for fun and unnecessary, plus Magneto explicitly ordered him not to do it. Also, yeah, he was being made an example of because he’s a murderous psychopath that everyone knows is irredeemable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I fully understand how absurd that sounds from a general perspective but 1) a blank slate for all mutants in the renaissance they’re experiencing now was foundational to the concept of them coming together. Creed was invited to join the community and was given explicit instructions as to their treatments of humans. He ignored them. He got what he deserved. 2) there’s wasn’t an ounce of remorse(not that there ever would be with him) so I didn’t see any potential for leniency and that’s his own fault. 3) he was literally frothing at the mouth at the idea of murdering them and all of their descendants during his trial. What more could’ve been expected of them as far as his sentencing, I have no idea.
    bolded point, exactly. Creed isn't just evil, he's insane. He's completely uncontrollable by anyone else, and more importantly to his own self. That is why he had to be dealt with.