Page 29 of 106 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Wakanda is listed as an enemy. The type of country that Shaw is responsible with dealing with (both a black market and rescuing mutants)
    I dont think they will be dealing with Wakanda at all as it was stated that Wakanda doesn't need the mutant drugs, and rejected Krakoa's proposal

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I would guess travel to Wakanda wouldn't be restricted, but I would also guess Wakanda wouldn't let them put on of those plant gates in the country.
    Yea, if mutants owning property is contingent on the desired location having those portals then Gentle might be outta luck if he wants to visit Wakanda. Unless what Storm meant was more a general "mutants should be able to live and travel in man's world", in which case he should be fine. I doubt Wakanda is gonna have an issue with mutants coming over unless they're trying to do something illegal. That seems to be the case with Xavier sanctioning Shaw to set up black markets in "enemy" nations so I'm interested to see how that turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    OK you guys I was on the twit twit.

Reread the issue. And look at the panel of Exodus telling a story to the children.

And look at what creeper AF fella is doing in the back by a tree.

Well actually nothing. But still check it out.

I missed it in the first 3 reads.
    Great catch! I missed it too!

Extraordinary Member

It's really too easy to try and figure this all out.

But if I had to guess, the bigger issue is Apocalypse here. He certainly doesn't seem happy about everything and this mutant utopia doesn't seem exactly like his scene.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, if mutants owning property is contingent on the desired location having those portals then Gentle might be outta luck if he wants to visit Wakanda. Unless what Storm meant was more a general "mutants should be able to live and travel in man's world", in which case he should be fine. I doubt Wakanda is gonna have an issue with mutants coming over unless they're trying to do something illegal. That seems to be the case with Xavier sanctioning Shaw to set up black markets in "enemy" nations so I'm interested to see how that turns out.
    Plus I think that Wakanda doesn't oppress mutants do they? I don't think they have any anti-mutant policies in Wakanda?
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I think the red highlight was meant to paint Wakanda and co as exceptions to the conditions of the rest of the list.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I dont think they will be dealing with Wakanda at all as it was stated that Wakanda doesn't need the mutant drugs, and rejected Krakoa's proposal

Just because the given reason was that they do not need the drugs it does not mean that Krakoa will not see them as an enemy and will not try to get the drugs within their borders. There is not even any reason to have Wakanda reject a treaty on any grounds unless there are going to issues between the two.

Mighty Member

Wakanda's just being all "We love the smell of our own farts." like they always are. I doubt it has anything to do with mutants having a Nation or them being against it.

They just love to flex.

The thing with Apoc though is that he wouldnt do anything to harm Krakoa.

They have a history. I think he's definitely going to get on the 'only the strong survive' wagon. Especially if he sees the Morlocks.

I think he is going to try to get his OG Horsemen back though.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Plus I think that Wakanda doesn't oppress mutants do they? I don't think they have any anti-mutant policies in Wakanda?
    No, in fact Gentle was discriminated against because one of his parents was from outside Wakanda, not because he was a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Just because the given reason was that they do not need the drugs it does not mean that Krakoa will not see them as an enemy and will not try to get the drugs within their borders. There is not even any reason to have Wakanda reject a treaty on any grounds unless there are going to issues between the two.
    I think they just rejected the drugs because they have no needs for them, they could possibly have their own version in Wakanda.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The thing with Apoc though is that he wouldnt do anything to harm Krakoa.

They have a history. I think he's definitely going to get on the 'only the strong survive' wagon. Especially if he sees the Morlocks.

I think he is going to try to get his OG Horsemen back though.
    The thing is, he knows that he can't do too much until he has the right game pieces.

Another thing is, how aware is Krakoa of what's going on around it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Generally no, but there have been some inconsistent depictions. As recently as X-Men Red you had Gentle's mom saying he's not human, but in the Shuri comic it's made clear Wakanda doesn't have an issue with mutants. Granted the Gentle thing was a flashback so it could be rationalized Wakanda's mutant acceptance is recent, but I think the implication has always been Wakanda is aware of the X-gene and doesn't hate people because of it. A lot more emphasis is placed on birthplace and upbringing, especially since you have plenty of Wakandan mutates who have been affected by vibranium. That's part of the reason I think Hickman has Wakanda giving its neighbor's economic protectorate status. It's probably set up for the X-Men fighting Wakanda via proxy in East Africa, since Wakanda itself has never been big on oppressing mutants directly.

And when T'Challa and Storm were married Wakanda invested money in some mutant help programs and more recently helped push the idea of a mutant nation alongside Jean. If we're talking countries that have historically helped out mutants, Wakanda is up there which makes the decision to not take the drugs more interesting. I doubt T'Challa (or Wakanda as a whole) has an issue with Krakoa as a concept so there's a compelling conflict down the road if Hickman wants to do it.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-02-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Good ending to the series. Nice introduction to the new status quo. The introduction of the council was displayed well. That panel of Kurt,Jean,and Ororo was nicely done. Seeing Banshee and Siryn brought out a smile. Synch and Skin are back. YEAH. Don't know how long the X-men can use the Krakoa plant/drug to extort /manipulate the world, but i'm still skeptical of X because he didn't take the damn helmet of the entire series. This has me looking forward to the next set of titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Some X-fans:The Xmen are evil now

X-men when the create a government: The first rule they create don't kill humans

I love point out how wrong people were and lol Sabertooth isn't going to be punished.
    So happy you see no problems. Some of us still do. I see problems in the sentencing too.

I wasn’t convinced he would be punished and consequently lost a friendly bet on that point, which underlines that this is just a comic. Most speculation will inevitably be wrong. Personally my track record on this series has been pretty good, but it is nice to know you take so much pleasure in some of us guessing incorrectly. I am not going to loose any sleep over it.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.