Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The other somewhat odd and creepy thing.... Mystique asking her son's opinion and Kurt just says hey let's go make mutant babies

who's gonna be the lucky one that Kurt goes and shacks up with?

Awesome, love the council and the Captains and settling old grudges. The issue was a bit too clam I wish it ended with more of a bang but I'm sure pox #6 will make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Sorry guys but this blows. I knew there would be no twist. These are the Xerox-Men now. Scott Jean Logan that we all grew up with have now been replaced by robotic sychophants. I said in an earlier thread that Hickman will not answer the big questions in HOX-POX.
    Unless there is a Stryfe like reveal at the end POX 6 we will have gone 12 issues without knowing WHO IS UNDER THE MASK.

They didn’t lie to us but HOX POX was 12 issues of detached exposition and set up. No real plot, a bunch of new characters masquerading as the characters we knew.

The X-men are dead. Long live the X-men. Should have quit when Morrison did.
    Morrison's run was garbage.

Mighty Member

I do want an explanation on the Captains and how they control those roles though.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Sorry guys but this blows. I knew there would be no twist. These are the Xerox-Men now. Scott Jean Logan that we all grew up with have now been replaced by robotic sychophants. I said in an earlier thread that Hickman will not answer the big questions in HOX-POX.
    Unless there is a Stryfe like reveal at the end POX 6 we will have gone 12 issues without knowing WHO IS UNDER THE MASK.

They didn’t lie to us but HOX POX was 12 issues of detached exposition and set up. No real plot, a bunch of new characters masquerading as the characters we knew.

The X-men are dead. Long live the X-men. Should have quit when Morrison did.
    There are still the iconoclasts in Fallen Angels.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

The only thing that will satisfy Mystique is grandchildren. Nightcrawler has her sussed.

Also this council isn't permanent

BANNED

Apocalypse is very much me when people start discussing stupid/irrelevant stuff at work. Why did they make a murderous nutjob so relatable is beyond me, but I can't say I dislike it.

apocalypse.jpg

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    The other somewhat odd and creepy thing.... Mystique asking her son's opinion and Kurt just says hey let's go make mutant babies
    One of their only three laws being make more babies is super uncomfortable. Not a suggestion - a law.

I’m gonna need to know their stance on birth control & abortion, because I’m creeped the **** out

Pretty sure Magik is Hellfire’s Captain, and Bishop is the X-Men’s.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    One of their only three laws being make more babies is super uncomfortable. Not a suggestion - a law.

I’m gonna need to know their stance on birth control & abortion, because I’m creeped the **** out
    Yep, a bit Handmaiden IYAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post

who's gonna be the lucky one that Kurt goes and shacks up with?
    Nocturne and Amanda Sefton

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    He's a filthy racist. Or was when Gillen wrote him.

On the other hand, if Summers + Grey DNA produces the stuff we already saw, imagine Summers + Munroe DNA. That's a scary thought.
    Naaah, it might just be a total flop for all we know
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Morrison's run was garbage.
    my soulmate

They aren't making new babies, they will ressurrect Genosha

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I do want an explanation on the Captains and how they control those roles though.
    They kind of make sense. Illyana has got a demon army, Gorgon is head of the Hand I think(?), Bishop has experience and knowledge and Scott is the big tactician.

Kurt is pro-life. but babies would probably be a product of science on Krakoa.

So I'm just putting this into the universe and crossing my fingers, Seeing Emma and Jean in the council pair up their telepathy to silence Creed and then Jean handing Emma the drink... I want the affair to be between them. Give me my two moms already, I deserve it. We deserve it.