Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    I feel like we need a centralized grid or chart keeping track of which mutant has died / resurrected or not. For example, Wolverine and Skin have died and been resurrected. Has Broo? Has Dani? It is starting to get VERY confusing, and may prove to be an important thing to track.
    Dani didn't die, Broo didn't die. Broo is interesting because he is not a human mutant but a Brood mutant. Which is interesting which means Warlock who is mutant Technarchy and Danger who is mutant Ai would be allowed on as well. To see if Longshot is "allowed" would be interesting as well.

Skin,Banshee and Synch are rez. And probably Mimic as well but we will need to see that confirmed
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-03-2019 at 04:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Whats the most fascinating to me of all this thread is watching those who were liberal minded posters in the past when their faves were presented great or rather how they expect them to be were all excited and saying it's decent story are now coming after Hickman/Marvel and the story from an and every angle possible to make it take off as legitimate. Wow. I am there are some gripes to be had for sure but yeesh.
    Again, refer to my recent thread regarding "franchise fans' who are here for the majority of the characters, the themes etc verus character fans who only give a **** about featz or looking better than their rival or whatever.

The two groups don't gel. Also i agree about the liberal/conservative coded talk since this event started. I wonder how self aware people are regarding their own social biases?

Also are we really going to act like humans want to coexist with mutants. That they don't murder them outright. Or hate or despise them. And if they don't do either of those theyre basically just indifferent which is sometimes worse than hate.

So mutants are being scrutinized for wanting their own nation. "One more time for the children". There is not a BAN on humans. It was one sentence from Magneto. And everyone knows his opinion of humans.

Humans don't want mutants in their country. Have you not been reading the recent runs. There was a vaccine made to "cure" mutant powers. Countries were trying to curb immigration of mutants into their countries. I don't know if it was in X-Men Gold or even the most recent Uncanny X-Men run.

But you guys are giving humans in the comicverse way too much credit.

Individuals on this board are giving mutants a lot of **** for just wanting to have their own nation. You can't be one sided and scrutinize just the mutants.

I'm glad the mutants are trying to build another mutant nation. And I'm sure Northstar's husband can stay with Northstar. Shogo is staying with Jubilee. Brian Braddock and Meggan can visit Betsy.

I still don't understand how Krakoan is viewed as isolationist unless Hickman states yes they are an isolationist nation.

Also interesting that some of you think they is liberal/conservative code. I can't tell.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-03-2019 at 05:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Please can Jean get a new outfit....so blah

Also, favorite part Emma and Jean telling Sabretooth to be quite. Actually gave me a slight chill.
    Yeah why is Jean wearing the 60s stuff? Wtf is that about?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Yeah why is Jean wearing the 60s stuff? Wtf is that about?
    Because Hickman wanted it. There is a version of a panel in HoX #1 with Jean Grey wearing the X-Men Red uniform. But the Hixman had a green dress fixation.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-03-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Mutants would seem to be either a sub-species or an intermediary step between homo sapiens and whatever homo sapiens will truly evolve into.
    More a multitude of sub species, with a few biologically distinct enough to qualify as a species unto themselves.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Also are we really going to act like humans want to coexist with mutants. That they don't murder them outright. Or hate or despise them. And if they don't do either of those theyre basically just indifferent which is sometimes worse than hate.

So mutants are being scrutinized for wanting their own nation. "One more time for the children". There is not a BAN on humans. It was one sentence from Magneto. And everyone knows his opinion of humans.

Humans don't want mutants in their country. Have you not been reading the recent runs. There was a vaccine made to "cure" mutant powers. Countries were trying to curb immigration of mutants into their countries. I don't know if it was in X-Men Gold or even the most recent Uncanny X-Men run.

But you guys are giving humans in the comicverse way too much credit.

Individuals on this board are giving mutants a lot of **** for just wanting to have their own nation. You can't be one sided and scrutinize just the mutants.

Once again some of you need everything spelled out for you.

I'm glad the mutants are trying to build another mutant nation. And I'm sure Northstar's husband can stay with Northstar. Shogo is staying with Jubilee. Brian Braddock and Meggan can visit Betsy.

I still don't understand how Krakoan is viewed as isolationist unless Hickman states yes they are an isolationist nation.

Also interesting that some of you think they is liberal/conservative code. I can't tell.
    It's a story as old as time for some reason the oppressed have to be the ones to extend the hand of friendship, they have to be twice as good as those who kill them. I say screw that the humans need to earn the right of Mutant trust back THEY have to better than what they are. Humans have shown their collective asses time and time again and over 16 MILLION mutants have died because of it.

NO MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I would definitely say that cohabitating on the same planet in a different location in peace is a faaaarrrr better example of “coexisting” than being integrated in a perpetual state of animosity and death. But that’s just me.
    I feel this way every time I am pulled over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I’m sad we didn’t get to see Gambit, Rogue and Betsy in thia. Wish they had an official role in Krakoa. Maybe Excalibur will explore that somehow.
    The good thing is we get alot of Elizabeth ne t..isnt she in two books?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's a story as old as time for some reason the oppressed have to be the ones to extend the hand of friendship, they have to be twice as good as those who kill them. I say screw that the humans need to earn the right of Mutant trust back THEY have to better than what they are. Humans have shown their collective asses time and time again and over 16 MILLION mutants have died because of it.

NO MORE
    Part of me thinks its all just axe grinding in the guise of concern trolling.

I actually can't believe there was a poster in here complaining about Schism not being acknowledged. The amount of fan fatigue that story brought about...and someone is knocking the best thing to happen to the X-Men in decades because it didn't acknowledge it? The mind boggles.

If we are talking about coexisting. Let's talk about the real world. Is there still not segregation? Um yes there is and if you don't believe that you are ignorant to certain situations. Birds of a feather flock together. They are coexisting. They are not considered isolationist. Go to any of the southern states. Or even in diverse states. Tell me what sort of neighborhoods there are: Little Italy, China Town, Korea Town, Jewish heavy neighborhoods, East LA, etc....And take into account how hateful the humans are in the comicverse. I'm glad the mutants are doing this.

Also please note: I'm not down with segregation. Neighbors of all types is fine by me. As long as they are not assholes. But it needs to be recognized. That mutants should be able to do the same thing. If humans do it all the time.

That needs to be recognized. People migrate towards areas that they are comfortable and familiar with. You can't put it all on the mutants for wanting a safe haven.

Fantastic Member

So there are many key resurrected mutants on the island, but by far more that haven't been "Pod People". Wonder if - moving forward - the two highly different types will clash based on 'programming' or background.

BANNED

Segregation is natural.

The first thing an Irish person will do when arriving to a new city is try and find an Irish pub to go drinking in with Irish people because we know the craic.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 10-03-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Xavier went Jor-El Kryptonian Council on Sabretooth and Creed reciprocated by playing the role of Zod.

BANNED

And again: It wasn't 'ignored.' Schism was dealt with long ago. Even before I fell off reading again during Bendis, Scott and Logan were interacting again fairly regularly. It had its ups and downs or worse but their groups often found common cause. That was how many years ago? Seven? And Schism is eight.

And if that wasn't enough, they even had Scott and Logan and co. all put that **** to rest yet again during the terrible last Uncanny book. So no one is out to murder anyone as far as that goes. And as for Scott, Jean and Emma, I really don't think Jean is holding a grudge after years in the White Hot Room. That said, there was also a time jump before HoX. To want more than that right now, to circle back to events from eight years ago which have been rehashed on-panel over and over in years since, is ridiculous to me.

That said, while sociocultural politics definitely play into some people's issues with these books - and I think that's fascinating - I don't think it's all a political issue for other people. Some people just want to stay in the stasis they're used to with these books and characters. It's comfortable.