Page 1 of 106 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default HOUSE OF x [06] : I AM NOT ASHAMED [SPOILERS]

Not gonna lie. Little things in this issue. A few pages in this issue made me very happy.

It starts off with Moira Magneto and Xavier one month ago becoming totally committed to this new idea and that's when Professor Xavier does his broadcast to the whole world but with way more information.

And Magneto states before he does it that all differences, anger, etc they had in ideology ends that day.

A few were complaining that this goes against everything Xavier believes in but he clearly explains why this is his new vision for mutants. And it actually makes sense. To me at least. Some of you will still not like it. Fyi it has to do with humans standing by while mutants were murdered. Over 16 million. So I guess that satiates whoever said that Cassandra Nova caused that. It probably won't but whatever.

I loved this issue. It just made sense to me.

We get peeks at the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Dr. Strange all receiving this message but not their reactions. Saved for later I am sure.

He states that the island of Krakoa must be recognized as the mutant nation state. And that all mutants by birth are Krakoan citizens. And that amnesty is just for a period. So they can get all the mutants that may have been arrested unfairly.

"While you slept, the world changed".....indeed it did

It goes into a the Quiet Council: Which we kind of figured out already from that promo page.

Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, Mystique, Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, RED KING?, Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Cypher, Krakoa

Kate Pryde is going to be considered Red King?

And the Great Captains: Cyclops, Gorgon, Bishop, Magik

They assume the responsibility of defending the state.

Now it goes into what some people were bishing about previously.

Giving Sabretooth amnesty. Oh they did it for a reason

I agree with some that Magneto sent Sabretooth know full well what he would do. To make an example of him. A very Magneto move.

The councils first court is shown making the first three laws and sentencing Sabretooth to Krakoan exile.

The three laws:

Make More Mutants ( Proposed by Nightcrawler aka sexy time or pods)
    Murder No Human (Proposed by all the X-Men basically)
    Respect This Sacred Land (Proposed by Exodus and Cypher ish)

Krakoan exile is basically Krakoa swallowing you who while you stay is stasis in the bowels of this island

And then it goes into the pages that made me smile and very happy.

Because mutants deserve this. And I wish we saw this during the Genosha era. I hated that they got rid of Genosha.

The island is celebrating. And there are some glorious shots.

It's like an EDC in a forest.

We have the Five dancing and having fun.

Syrin and Banshee.

Syrin using her powers to amp up Dazzlers light show.

Archangel, Beast, and Iceman having some drinks.

Exodus by a campfire telling young mutants what looks like an awesome story

Jean Grey, Wolverine, Cyclops chatting it up and bonding (threesome for sure later) Fyi im joking they are just laughing and having a good time

I see Surge and Anole dancing (Anole with correct head piece and arm) OMG yesss

Broo is there too

Evan and Skin bromance hug

Man. I loved all of this. I wish I got a whole issue of that.

You see Jean walk up to Emma and hand her a drink.

Cyclops and Havok buzzed and having a good time. (I made up the buzzed part)

Jubilee is there. Is that Boom Boom next to her? Someone confirm.

Magento and Xavier standing proud looking at what they created.

Apocalypes on the side looking like a grump grandpa.

I LOVED THIS ISSUE. I wish other HoX issues had more appearances by other mutants like this issue did. But I get why it wasn't.

Ill edit this when I get to work.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-02-2019 at 06:06 AM.

BANNED

Isn't it early for this?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    It's like an EDC in a forest.
    What is EDC?
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-02-2019 at 04:47 AM.

That was a good issue, wasn't it?

First time we see Moira in this timeline! Still not clear what she's up to and if the rest of the X-Men know she's alive. Probably not.

I'm guessing Xavier/Mags/Apoc chose Cyclops, the villains chose Gorgon, the HFC chose Bishop and the X-Men chose Magik (?) as their captain.

The council meeting was interesting. I still think some of the voices are off (specially Mystique in this) but the dialogue is on point.

And the celebration was heartwarming. I loved seing Logan/Scott/Jean and Jean/Emma being friendly.

Mighty Member

I enjoyed this issue a lot, but I can't stop looking at the whole sentencing of Creed and just think.

"Yeah he deserves it, but the leadership has six people as bad as Creed on it and we're just glossing over it."

The dynamics of the quiet council was superb. There are subtle changes.

A Jean Grey who is much harsher contrasted with an Emma Frost who has mellowed out due to being with the X-Men.

The Nightcrawler and Mystique scene was great too. Loved seeing Exodus look after mutant children it adds something new.

And the foursome pages were great. It made me like Jean for a change. Mutants wont be confined by human ideas of love. Emma and Scotts look at each other <3

Also poor Selene. Everyone gets a position but her. They should make her an unofficial goddess for her fragile ego

Sabertooths punishment was almost biblical and they cast him out into the piss. The devil lurks beneath them

If they chose I would say HFC chose Magik, assuming Kate had a say, and Jean Team chose Bishop as he has deeper connections to Storm and Jean already

The next seven days are going to be so long.

All-New Member

Long live Krakoa :

https://framapic.org/v9rNtGEPrCyW/052GbwBjhjho.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KusaSan_Snd; 10-02-2019 at 04:54 AM.

BANNED

About Saberbooth's sentence:

We know some villains are in the council. Now what if they sentence someone to wherever sabertooth went just because they forgot to wash their dishes. Let's take toad, he didn't clean the toilets. But there's no law what would happen if he didn't do that. Now Krakoa just make a law "for not cleaning the toilets you are exiled" after toad forgot to do it. Would toad have done that if the laws are passed before he committed the said crime?

I love the little elements from Sci fi Hickman has borrowing I have seen shades of Live die repeat, Alter Carbon and the Matrix in the stories. It is little things that make me happy about this story I love that it has basically War Captains and Wolverine isn't one of them and the three choices other Cyclops ,Magik, Bishop and Gorgon are interesting choices. I like how Hickmans elevates and gives important roles to smaller characters while keeping the classic characters important.

Synch and Skin being back make me so happy.GenX reunion
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-02-2019 at 04:55 AM.

He committed crimes after being welcomed to the island and against a direct order from Magneto. Pre-island amnesty is given

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What is EDC?
    EDC = Electric Daisy Carnival

Basically a big, gaudy rave with electronic music.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Synch and Skin being back make me so happy.GenX reunion
    I have what can only be termed as a perma-smile.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 10-02-2019 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLives View Post
    If they chose I would say HFC chose Magik, assuming Kate had a say, and Jean Team chose Bishop as he has deeper connections to Storm and Jean already
    Deeper connection?lol

Mighty Member

Gorgon makes sense on paper, but then you remember who Gorgon is(And I know Hickman remembers cause he wrote Secret Warriors) and it's a real big "mmmmmmm, I dunno bout that one, chief."

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    About Saberbooth's sentence:

We know some villains are in the council. Now what if they sentence someone to wherever sabertooth went just because they forgot to wash their dishes. Let's take toad, he didn't clean the toilets. But there's no law what would happen if he didn't do that. Now Krakoa just make a law "for not cleaning the toilets you are exiled" after toad forgot to do it. Would toad have done that if the laws are passed before he committed the said crime?
    If Magneto had specifically ordered him "Clean the toilets" then yes.

The problem is that Sabretooth ignored a direct order from Magneto, although it was not yet a law.