Page 33 of 106 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeaah as I said in the previous post, that law is really strange. Like, no abortions? No precautions? No gay couples or should gay couples still procreate somehow?
    The terms of it are vague enough to not being a binding prerequisite.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Well he's not wrong though. A lot of the details people are having issues with about the laws will probably come up as story beats. This is a work in progress. And Hickman was showing us a rough draft of how the council would work.
    It is not any different than people pointing out people standing in the shadows at a party, or who is looking at who, or what anything means. If this was Bendis book (just an example) I probably would not have read anything into anything, but this is Hickman, and everything is so layered. To just take this whole 'nation building' scene as nothing but some people working out the kinks, I think that is missing out on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Lol y’all are getting wild now. Don’t reach so hard for the cup that wasn’t given to you lol. Nobody has said or will say anything like that. This is the same speculative thought that lead people to jump the gun in the beginning with a lot of those predispositions being addressed in this very issue.
    It's still a bit weird to me lol.

Big jump and probably unrelated, but this is what it made me think about. Here in Italy (which is like the oldest nation in Europe or something like that, in terms of people's age) the Healthcare Minister a couple years ago started putting posters and billboards asking women to procreate because the nation was getting older and eventually they would get old and sterile too. It got a big backlash of course and it had a giant sexist undertone because a lot of posters implied women were only made for procreation, and Kurt did not mean any of that. But, especially with the Bible, it still had that let's take control of your reproductive system feel to me. I'm surely reading too much into it and it will not be touched upon in the future either probably but I wanted to share my deep deep feels.

Extraordinary Member

Yes and Storm clocked him and asked if he was joking, because that is a ridiculous thing to assume. The fact that mutants can be revived is not even close to a free hang to kill other mutants. It wasn’t discussed any further because that’s the most obvious thing possible.
    At the end of the day, it was proposed as a law, mutant shall not kill mutant, and the council rejected it. Why would you reject a law that said do not murder each other? Just put it on the books. Done. Respecting the land is a law. Making mutants is a law. Not killing other mutants? Not a law. Jean actually went a step further and said that only killing a human should be a law because they cannot come back from death, which means she is supporting Apocalypse's view.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If it's automated i would say Xavier looked at his plan and put the more important mutants in the beginning of the rotation and then went from there. Like it being pointed out Synch could possibly be used as a replacement for Hope in the Resurrection process. What better way to make him feel comfortable than to revive skin as well. So i think it's a strategic list already created and uploaded so as a mutant dies they just get added to the back of the list. At least thats how i understand it.
    Probably there are politics involved as well. I took what Emma said (for the children) as literal. That is the only way Skin is already back.

BANNED

Cracks have literally formed in the X-Men's society already (the floor of the council chamber). You can't sentence someone for breaking a rule that didn't exist. But **** Sabretooth though. But still.

BANNED

Of course the logic is flawed. But it's Sabretooth. He doesn't care and will do it again. So let the logic bend a little - he's the first example, water under the bridge, into the maw he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    At the end of the day, it was proposed as a law, mutant shall not kill mutant, and the council rejected it. Why would you reject a law that said do not murder each other? Just put it on the books. Done. Respecting the land is a law. Making mutants is a law. Not killing other mutants? Not a law. Jean actually went a step further and said that only killing a human should be a law because they cannot come back from death, which means she is supporting Apocalypse's view.
    well kill mutants is pointless as they have ressurrection

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Cracks have literally formed in the X-Men's society already (the floor of the council chamber). You can't sentence someone for breaking a rule that didn't exist. But **** Sabretooth though. But still.
    Creed is the perfect person to make an example of. No one is going to die on the hill defending him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Creed is the perfect person to make an example of. No one is going to die on the hill defending him.
    Reading the way the council voted, other than a couple that wanted to make an example, the rest either did not care or actually wanted to see him get what was coming to him.

Well you just have to get rid of the Five. Or at least one or two of them. And resurrections won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    At the end of the day though, if the 3rd of three laws is to make more mutants, wouldn’t it be redundant to make a law that says “don’t kill mutants”. Wouldn’t that go without saying on a mutant nation/state/homeland/protectorate?

Well you just have to get rid of the Five. Or at least one or two of them. And resurrections won't happen.
    Precisely.

I guess this will happen sooner than expected.

Mighty Member

At the end of the day though, if the 3rd of three laws is to make more mutants, wouldn’t it be redundant to make a law that says “don’t kill mutants”. Wouldn’t that go without saying on a mutant nation/state/homeland/protectorate?
    Tell that to Selene after she vampires like 50 people cause you know, Selene.

I mean not really. All the Five do is create the clone bodies, something which Sinister can and has done on his own for decades. The Five are likely faster and more efficient at it for mass cloning than whatever tech Sinister has used in the past but the resurrections can still occur without all of the Five. They'd just have to improvise