Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1590
    BANNED

There are also literally several mutant children on Krakoa in HoX #1. Jean takes one of them by the hand to lead her onto the island! Logan is shown playing with others.

I guess for parents, Krakoa is something like "Ah, like when we sent them to Mansion X but without periodically exploding."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I guess for parents, Krakoa is something like "Ah, like when we sent them to Mansion X but without periodically exploding."
    Just without the criminal records check.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Just without the criminal records check.
    Wolverine was a headmaster and they kept sending their children there.

They just don't care.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wolverine was a director and they kept sending their children there.

They just don't care.
    Yes, I realized about half a second after I hit Post that the comment would not hold up to scrutiny at face value. With another half second thought I convinced myself there is quite a difference between a few of the mutants with checkered backgrounds who happened to live at the mansion and some of the worst villains in history living right next door. And then another half second I remembered it was just as absurd all the other times they let villains come hang at the mansion as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    There are also literally several mutant children on Krakoa in HoX #1. Jean takes one of them by the hand to lead her onto the island! Logan is shown playing with others.
    This clearly shows that we are not all reading the same books. I would really like to see those limited edition edited copies that Marvel published.
    That would go a long way to explain some of the points of view that have pervaded these boards since HoX/PoX started.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    That's what I don't understand either. I get that Charles and Erik bringing the villains into the council is suspicious and there is an undercurrent of something suspicious going on, but on the other hand it could also be interpreted as "we have tried every other possible way to work with the humans, our only hope is to try this new path and form an alliance with all mutants to stand together and defend ourselves against the endless genocidal tactics of the humans".

They have tried every other way to work with humans, it always fails, the humans always continue to oppress, imprison, enslave, torture, and kill mutants at every turn.

So they have formed their own country and formed a political and economic alliance with all mutants from all walks of life, hero or villain. They have created fantastic new pharmaceutical products that will revolutionize medicine around the world, using this product as a way to get trade and peace agreements the allied mutant nation of Krakoa has successfully extracted peace and trade agreements with nearly 80% of the planet.

Now they must look internally to the safety and security of their people and "For the Children". So they create a safe nation where mutants are safe to walk around and experience joy in their powers openly. Heck part of the reason they don't want humans visiting the island too much is because they don't want mutants to feel uncomfortable for the first time enjoying their powers out in the open. Paris can sit around a campfire telling mutant children stories about the legends of yore and he doesn't have to worry about a bunch of redneck humans coming out of the trees and shooting those children or throwing a bomb at them.

If your people had been violently oppressed for so long you would want to create a safe haven for your people too. A place where your children can finally be healthy and happy and feel safe in their homes and in their community.
    Yeah I agree with you on all of this unsurprisingly. If MU humans really feel butthurt about not being able to go absolutely everywhere then that just wreaks of unjustified personal entitlement. Sorry, you’ll have to get over it, not everywhere is yours to claim. You wanted mutants under control because you’re scared of what might happen when you live amongst them? He’s your clear and perfect solution. It honestly should be a win-win.

Yes, I realized about half a second after I hit Post that the comment would not hold up to scrutiny at face value. With another half second thought I convinced myself there is quite a difference between a few of the mutants with checkered backgrounds who happened to live at the mansion and some of the worst villains in history living right next door. And then another half second I remembered it was just as absurd all the other times they let villains come hang at the mansion as well.
    From the moment that Magneto was headmaster in the 80s, everything lost meaning until today.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This clearly shows that we are not all reading the same books. I would really like to see those limited edition edited copies that Marvel published.
    That would go a long way to explain some of the points of view that have pervaded these boards since HoX/PoX started.
    Ah. They are sowing division with separate versions of the books. Imagine if they could keep that secret long enough to do that! Clearly it wouldn’t be worth the effort given how easily they can sow division with just one version.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Ah. They are sowing division with separate versions of the books. Imagine if they could keep that secret long enough to do that! Clearly it wouldn’t be worth the effort given how easily they can sow division with just one version.
    I keep telling everyone Hickman/Marvel tell nothing but lies!

Also, Liefeld is actually doing this with Brigade (I think) con exclusives.

I keep telling everyone Hickman/Marvel tell nothing but lies!

Also, Liefeld is actually doing this with Brigade (I think) con exclusives.
    Somehow the idea of Liefeld doing that is more believable. Maybe there is a version of Major X out there that makes sense.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Yeah, what is the point? all villains get a chance to be x-men, then everyone is surprised when they betrays them

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, what is the point? all villains get a chance to be x-men, then everyone is surprised when they betrays them
    Well, with Rogue it worked so it's not like it's always.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Actually we just got a panel with exodus sourrounded by mutant children and telling them stories near the fire
    Truth. Plus unless a baby is born looking like a mutant, we don't know they're mutants until their powers/abilities manifest.

Is that still the case? Or have I maybe missed that they found a way to detect mutants at birth? If not, I think that would be part of Charles' plan, to have that knowledge at a person's birth.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Truth. Plus unless a baby is born looking like a mutant, we don't know they're mutants until their powers/abilities manifest.

Is that still the case? Or have I maybe missed that they found a way to detect mutants at birth? If not, I think that would be part of Charles' plan, to have that knowledge at a person's birth.
    They had found a genetic analysis that could distinguish between mutant and human children. If I remember correctly the villain in Return of Wolverine threatened to kill mutant children before they manifested their powers (and therefore the X-Men could not detect them with Cerebro to save them).