Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1590
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    The mutants didn't have a free nation before. It's more like Scotland voting for independence from Britain, or Quebec voting for independence from Canada. The biggest difference is that mutants have never had their own state in the past. Humans were engaged in mass genocide of mutant kind so what is the solution, you have tried to live among them, but the humans keep trying to capture, imprison, experiment on, and kill mutants and the people doing these things are actually sanctioned by the government.

Imagine if the KKK and Aryan Nations were actually approved and sanctioned agents of the US government. All of these anti-mutant groups have had financial and political support from US politicians, and world wide other governments have supported anti-mutant activities. Even Canada, a so called progressive country had Department H registering and keeping tabs on mutants regularly.

I am not sure what else they could do other than an exodus? Honestly I don't even think they are safe on Earth now, to me the long term plan has to be getting off Earth before the humans make a big move against them. I don't think that is where Hickman is going, but honestly if I were in Moira, Erik, and Charles shoes I would be trying to get mutants off Earth as soon as possible. I honestly don't think they are safe and there is still a great danger that they will be attacked by agents of the world governments.
    Except the big difference now, compared with Genosha and other recent mutant states, is that their land is alive and sacred. As has been painstakingly set up by Hickman, mutants now have a literally limitless army* to defend against human oppressors, so there is no reason why they would ever abandon Krakoa to escape off-world.

*Plus, mutants will eventually have machines on their side, which is not even guesswork, since we've been shown that in X^3 Nimrod the Greater is Cerebro, and a few human specimens have been preserved in a zoo...

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    Except the big difference now, compared with Genosha and other recent mutant states, is that their land is alive and sacred. As has been painstakingly set up by Hickman, mutants now have a literally limitless army* to defend against human oppressors, so there is no reason why they would ever abandon Krakoa to escape off-world.

*Plus, mutants will eventually have machines on their side, which is not even guesswork, since we've been shown that in X^3 Nimrod the Greater is Cerebro, and a few human specimens have been preserved in a zoo...
    I don't think they are invincible. The resurrection mechanic is very dependent on 5 people, some of whom have more limitations than others. With a big enough push by the human race they could defeat Krakoa because they vastly outnumber the people on the island. If they unleashed every single constructed Sentinel in the world at this point and time there is a chance they could overwhelm and kill every mutant on Krakoa. The mutants could of course retreat to the Mars habitat, but that puts them at a disadvantage for a while until they can solidify their presence on Mars and create enough food for everyone.

To me the mutants are still at a massive disadvantage. They have just made it politically uncomfortable for any government to attack them. Whomever attacks Krakoa then bears the brunt of all the political fallout of the Krakoan medication supply stopping. This is where the mutants have an advantage they didn't have in the past, people want their pharmaceutical medicines and will protest any government that takes action against Krakoa and tries to stop those medicines from being delivered. Even if you take the 5 year life span drug. The one that cures mind diseases is huge, this one alone would cause world wide protests if it was cut off by the actions of a government somewhere.

So yeah, the mutants don't have an advantage in numbers, they have a lot of powerful mutants but they can still be overrun. But it's the economic and political clout that they have never had before. In the course of a couple of months Emma Frost successfully negotiated and obtained UN Charter Member status and she negotiated trade and peace treaties with 80% of the planetary governments.

You have to know that all the pharmaceutical companies in the world are reverse engineering the Krakoan drugs so that the world governments can break those treaties and people can go back to exterminating mutants.

Oh, and technically Krakoa isn't the same as Brexit because the mutants are trying to sign trade treaties with everyone in the world.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While I am admittedly not just open to a twist but hoping for twist as I have a hard time reconciling this without a twist, I also know Marvel will do what Marvel will do and still call it continuity so I feel like this is just going to be the 'real Marvel', this does not confirm anything. No one is going to spoil anything about this until it hits the shelves, and even then this might be a longer con. Marvel lies about tonnes of books that are less secretive than this one.

Does anyone think White or Hickman would tell us this was not the main Marvel timeline or whatever just because someone asked at a panel?

Well, Absolute Carnage is also treating HoxPox as the main timeline, so there is that. =) If it's a long con, it's now involving many other books in the MU many of which Hickman doesn't have involvement with.

Sounds like you're not going to be convinced until the entire storyline ends several years from now so by all means...
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Yo it's pretty fucky that Moira wasn't on that last page with Magneto and Professor.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We saw his corpse in the same issue...also Leah Williams later confirmed it. But Xavier and Magneto could’ve easily just resurrected him.
    I thought it was implied that Xavier and Magneto had Shaw resurrected when they went to get Emma back
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I thought it was implied that Xavier and Magneto had Shaw resurrected when they went to get Emma back
    Exactatiously.
    The same way it was implied that all the recent deaths would be resurrected...I didn't get the confusion, either.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Well, Absolute Carnage is also treating HoxPox as the main timeline, so there is that. =) If it's a long con, it's now involving many other books in the MU many of which Hickman doesn't have involvement with.

Sounds like you're not going to be convinced until the entire storyline ends several years from now so by all means...
    I am imagining Carnage trying to find out where the O5s are to steal their codex, see all the omegas mutants in Krakoa and decide "Well, maybe for the latter."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post

I cannot remember what was referenced (I have read the main series) but I will take your word for it. You will also have to take my word that I have always thought that when Hickman ends life 10 and reveals the stories we know have always been life 11 that a lot of what he has set up in his run will be used in what comes after. So if someone mentions Krakoa, that is because there will still be Krakoa. And that is not even me reaching, Hickman has told us that stuff tends to happen the same. Look at how similar so much of both the far futures end up being.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    The mutants didn't have a free nation before. It's more like Scotland voting for independence from Britain, or Quebec voting for independence from Canada. The biggest difference is that mutants have never had their own state in the past. Humans were engaged in mass genocide of mutant kind so what is the solution, you have tried to live among them, but the humans keep trying to capture, imprison, experiment on, and kill mutants and the people doing these things are actually sanctioned by the government.

Imagine if the KKK and Aryan Nations were actually approved and sanctioned agents of the US government. All of these anti-mutant groups have had financial and political support from US politicians, and world wide other governments have supported anti-mutant activities. Even Canada, a so called progressive country had Department H registering and keeping tabs on mutants regularly.

I am not sure what else they could do other than an exodus? Honestly I don't even think they are safe on Earth now, to me the long term plan has to be getting off Earth before the humans make a big move against them. I don't think that is where Hickman is going, but honestly if I were in Moira, Erik, and Charles shoes I would be trying to get mutants off Earth as soon as possible. I honestly don't think they are safe and there is still a great danger that they will be attacked by agents of the world governments.
    I do definitely agree in terms of political peace, but what about ideological/internal peace? Is it not political independence can be different, of course, to the ideologies that resulted in such a decision?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Couldn't have been. Resurrection only works if Xavier has copied someone's mind. If Shaw had already been dead, there would have been no means of recreating him, mentally. Which begs the question of how Synch and Skin are back since they died years before the process was created.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Couldn't have been. Resurrection only works if Xavier has copied someone's mind. If Shaw had already been dead, there would have been no means of recreating him, mentally. Which begs the question of how Synch and Skin are back since they died years before the process was created.
    He started backing up memories much before Krakoa, since he met with Forge.

The foreshadowing Impact of this issue may not be as strongly felt as Moira X and Resurrection, when really it clarifies something that has ALWAYS been alluded to with every time traveling X-Men storyline when you take 1 minute to think about them. It also makes it crystal clear about what is supposed to be different this time, but I can not WAIT to see Hickman's future for Magneto. The plans for him in the next 3 years will be really really good if Hickman is going where it looks like he is going. It is something that has been done, like every story is really, but not within the amazing context that Hickman finishes setting up in this issue.
    It also makes it clear who the true enemy is, which is nothing new (yet again) but Hickman spins the context to fill in a HUGE grey area that all the time traveling stories always seemed to gloss over or would re-appropriate to one of their creations.
    There are really 2 huge reveals in this issue now that i have thought back on it some more, and both of them actually fill in some major holes in old X-Men storylines regarding Time Travel. I still mean what I said at the beginning, most people will not feel the impact of the reveals until they start to think about it...or maybe I am seeing intent that wasn't meant?
    Doubtful, The question is ridiculous, only because the writer is Hickman, and everything means something in his stories. Hickman actually appears to craft all the major events in his stories before committing to a project, or so I believe just due to how well so many threads in FF and Avengers all paid off in so many places that re-reading his runs for both is almost more enjoyable because of what you know after the whole story has been told.

I CANNOT WAIT for X-Men and New Mutants, as well as all the others really.

Amazing Member

Please explain all these conclusions when the POX 6 thread comes up. Still very skeptical/disappointed in this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    The foreshadowing Impact of this issue may not be as strongly felt as Moira X and Resurrection, when really it clarifies something that has ALWAYS been alluded to with every time traveling X-Men storyline when you take 1 minute to think about them. It also makes it crystal clear about what is supposed to be different this time, but I can not WAIT to see Hickman's future for Magneto. The plans for him in the next 3 years will be really really good if Hickman is going where it looks like he is going. It is something that has been done, like every story is really, but not within the amazing context that Hickman finishes setting up in this issue.
    It also makes it clear who the true enemy is, which is nothing new (yet again) but Hickman spins the context to fill in a HUGE grey area that all the time traveling stories always seemed to gloss over or would re-appropriate to one of their creations.
    There are really 2 huge reveals in this issue now that i have thought back on it some more, and both of them actually fill in some major holes in old X-Men storylines regarding Time Travel. I still mean what I said at the beginning, most people will not feel the impact of the reveals until they start to think about it...or maybe I am seeing intent that wasn't meant?
    Doubtful, The question is ridiculous, only because the writer is Hickman, and everything means something in his stories. Hickman actually appears to craft all the major events in his stories before committing to a project, or so I believe just due to how well so many threads in FF and Avengers all paid off in so many places that re-reading his runs for both is almost more enjoyable because of what you know after the whole story has been told.

I CANNOT WAIT for X-Men and New Mutants, as well as all the others really.

The Haus Of Essex

You can only access Limbo by using Magic and Vice Versa as The Twilight Sword was used to bring hell on earth which cause the split from Krakoa.
    The Twilight Sword looks alot like the Soul Sword .I think Shady Sinister is going to try and recreate Inferno bringing about the Fall of krakoa (The next big event possibly)

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Please explain all these conclusions when the POX 6 thread comes up. Still very skeptical/disappointed in this setup.
    Emesem - will do. Sorry, just noticed that someone actually wanted to hear more of my opinions...it is weird to hear lol
    I will be in the PoX6 thread attempting to catch up on the conversation and see if someone else already elaborated with similar ideas.