Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1590

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    i guess it's a lil less creepy having a Mutant island rather than a Mutant formerly homicidal kidnapper manifesting faces being able to see you 24/7
    Technically Krakoa also killed and kidnapped mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lmao I never thought of that. Krakoa probably be telling Doug everybody secrets on the island. I bet they have a great time gossiping.
    I bet Warlock is so annoyed he isn't Doug's most "less human" best friend anymore
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    And, here I thought that Black Tom was in charge of Defense/Observation -- no reason he couldn't have merged with Krakoa for that.
    It seems that each of those have been chosen because of their ability to interact and understand Krakoa on some level, not to all merge with it. Although Tree Beast could be fun.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Technically Krakoa also killed and kidnapped mutants.
    Are we sure that's the same Krakoa? I was assuming it's the one from Wolverine and the X-Men
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I bet Warlock is so annoyed he isn't Doug's most "less human" best friend anymore
    He's planning his krakoa infestation to get his self-best friend back as we type.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post

Is the tree with eyes supposed to be a manifestation of Krakoa or is it Black Tom?
    THIS PAGE IS SO BEAUTIFUL I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THE KRAKOAN AESTHETIC.
    And I love the X motif within the branches.

I wonder how the finale is going to look without Marte Garcia's glorious colouring.

BANNED

We all know Rapretooth is going to somehow get out soon anyway. Hide your wives and kids.

I think that page with Krakoa's face is my fave from the entire run.

Spectacular Member

I'm sure these questions have been raised already but since I don't have time to wade through almost 100 pages of arguments about Crime/Punishment and the sexual mores of transhuman societies....

1) Moira is alive and well on Krakoa, but no-one outside of the Shiny Helmet Duo seems to know this? They're deliberately keeping her existence a secret from the X-Men? Reasonable, I suppose, considering that her continued existence is vital to keeping this iteration of reality on track. Hell, in her last life she took a Celestial Death-Seed and hid out in a Sarcophagus for years to make sure no-one took her off the table too soon. That’s a very big secret to keep, though, especially if Magneto keeps on taking off his protective helmet around powerful telepaths. Fucksake, Eric, are you really that proud of your silvery locks?

2) Moira seems to be hiding out in a No-Place on the submerged underside of Krakoa? Big windows, do the blinds come down when Namor passes by? Then again, is it actually on Krakoa? It could be anywhere on the planet. I was just assuming it's the secret area on the map marked 18, but that's not necessarily the case, is it? There’s already a Cradle in the House of X complex on the Island, why have another one so close by? Also, given the locations for the five Cerebro Cradles, what’s the Cradle marked as point 9 on the map? It’s right next to House of X, but none of the other known locations have specific Cradles marked next to them.

3) The other references I can see to a No-Place in the series are the "Krakoan No-Place vent" that Forge uses as an unlimited power-source for the Island's technology, and the No-Place which is described as a habitat area grown from Krakoa without the Island's knowledge using an artificially created flower. That's.... pretty suspect and very, very sketchy. It's not just that other mutants can't access it, Krakoa itself doesn't know it's there, even though enough energy is being drawn from it to power the entire mutant civilisation on the Island and (possibly more importantly) the Cerebro cradles the entire resurrection protocol relies upon. In fact, I'm saying "it", but there are five Cerebro cradles, each of which would need their own No-Place vent for power. Remind me, what's the Third Law of Mutantdom again?

4) So, from the description a No-Place is a habitat Krakoa unknowingly generates from which power can be drawn either through a dimensional rip or a geothermal vent, and Moira has her own top-secret complex based around one. Are those a trio of POX style 'baths' in her No-Place of the type Nimrod was using to digest mutant bodies for information gathering? What other distinctly creepy tech does she have lying around her secret hide-out?

5) Who is that guy in the metallic headset on Page 7? Is that a known X-enemy? Or are we looking at some kind of “Man in the Iron Mask” scenario?

That’s just from the first few pages. Given the importance placed upon respect for Krakoa’s sentience and autonomy in the Council scene, it looks very, very dodgy that someone (Who? How?) has designed an artificial version of a Krakoan flower to force-grow tumorous habitats that exist outside of the ‘collective consciousness’ of Krakoa and only Xavier, Magneto, Moira and Forge know about. Apart from the obvious question (if the power for the mutant civilisation on the Island is drawn from a No-Space vent Krakoa doesn’t know about, where does the sentient Island – and its mutant best-friend – think the power is coming from?) this is a direct and deliberate violation of one of the new country’s foundational laws that will obviously come back to bite the X-Men firmly upon their well-toned backsides.

Completely in-character for a Cassandra Nova inhabiting a Xavier clone-body, though. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    That’s precisely why we have a legal system. To counteract human nature.
    They have a legal system to enforce their sense of morality on others, to cast judgment on those that don't adhere to it, or to validate their judgment of people they don't like. Hence why for some the legal system is a weapon to be used against people they don't like or a hurdle to overcome.

Double post
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 10-04-2019 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Double post

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    I'm sure these questions have been raised already but since I don't have time to wade through almost 100 pages of arguments about Crime/Punishment and the sexual mores of transhuman societies....

1) Moira is alive and well on Krakoa, but no-one outside of the Shiny Helmet Duo seems to know this? They're deliberately keeping her existence a secret from the X-Men? Reasonable, I suppose, considering that her continued existence is vital to keeping this iteration of reality on track. Hell, in her last life she took a Celestial Death-Seed and hid out in a Sarcophagus for years to make sure no-one took her off the table too soon. That’s a very big secret to keep, though, especially if Magneto keeps on taking off his protective helmet around powerful telepaths. Fucksake, Eric, are you really that proud of your silvery locks?

2) Moira seems to be hiding out in a No-Place on the submerged underside of Krakoa? Big windows, do the blinds come down when Namor passes by? Then again, is it actually on Krakoa? It could be anywhere on the planet. I was just assuming it's the secret area on the map marked 18, but that's not necessarily the case, is it? There’s already a Cradle in the House of X complex on the Island, why have another one so close by? Also, given the locations for the five Cerebro Cradles, what’s the Cradle marked as point 9 on the map? It’s right next to House of X, but none of the other known locations have specific Cradles marked next to them.

3) The other references I can see to a No-Place in the series are the "Krakoan No-Place vent" that Forge uses as an unlimited power-source for the Island's technology, and the No-Place which is described as a habitat area grown from Krakoa without the Island's knowledge using an artificially created flower. That's.... pretty suspect and very, very sketchy. It's not just that other mutants can't access it, Krakoa itself doesn't know it's there, even though enough energy is being drawn from it to power the entire mutant civilisation on the Island and (possibly more importantly) the Cerebro cradles the entire resurrection protocol relies upon. In fact, I'm saying "it", but there are five Cerebro cradles, each of which would need their own No-Place vent for power. Remind me, what's the Third Law of Mutantdom again?

4) So, from the description a No-Place is a habitat Krakoa unknowingly generates from which power can be drawn either through a dimensional rip or a geothermal vent, and Moira has her own top-secret complex based around one. Are those a trio of POX style 'baths' in her No-Place of the type Nimrod was using to digest mutant bodies for information gathering? What other distinctly creepy tech does she have lying around her secret hide-out?

5) Who is that guy in the metallic headset on Page 7? Is that a known X-enemy? Or are we looking at some kind of “Man in the Iron Mask” scenario?

That’s just from the first few pages. Given the importance placed upon respect for Krakoa’s sentience and autonomy in the Council scene, it looks very, very dodgy that someone (Who? How?) has designed an artificial version of a Krakoan flower to force-grow tumorous habitats that exist outside of the ‘collective consciousness’ of Krakoa and only Xavier, Magneto, Moira and Forge know about. Apart from the obvious question (if the power for the mutant civilisation on the Island is drawn from a No-Space vent Krakoa doesn’t know about, where does the sentient Island – and its mutant best-friend – think the power is coming from?) this is a direct and deliberate violation of one of the new country’s foundational laws that will obviously come back to bite the X-Men firmly upon their well-toned backsides.

Completely in-character for a Cassandra Nova inhabiting a Xavier clone-body, though. 8-)
    1) Magneto has to remove his helmet from time to time so Cerebro can record his memories in case he dies.

2) No-place seems to be outside time and space, so if she dies reality isn't reset.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post

Sure, give Nova another chance to kill 16 million more mutants...

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    They have a legal system to enforce their sense of morality on others, to cast judgment on those that don't adhere to it, or to validate their judgment of people they don't like. Hence why for some the legal system is a weapon to be used against people they don't like or a hurdle to overcome.
    Well I am not an anarchist so we are unlikely to see eye to eye on notions of justice.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    As a Jew (and a gay dude), I also have a problem with any radical advocacy being equated with nazism.

On a story level there are certainly darker and more ominous elements to Krakoa, its government and agenda. These are intentional and deliberately ambiguous for future exploration by Hickman. We all know that. But it's also understandable why fans - especially fans with any kind of stake in the original metaphor, myself included - relate to the X-Men being tired of being hunted and slaughtered and deciding to go after their own rights and rules with no more apologizing. Krakoa is liberation, and it's the same kind of power by right that any other Marvel heroes have taken on a whim.

They are not hunting and murdering humankind. They are offering benefits to the planet, including its human population. And they are consolidating their own future. There are troubling and, as a reader, intriguing echoes of other power structures and ideas in Krakoa. There's also years of material, and a new dawn for mutants and for the metaphor which needed to change. I'm sure it will continue to evolve.
    Well said. I do think without a doubt that unless you're a minority and know exactly how it feels you're not going to be able to connect to this story on the level that the rest of us can. You'll just see this as like, the Avengers making their own country or whatever. Others choose to focus on more pedantic details. Obviously that's not a blanket statement and more of a generalization but it definitely holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That poster is 110% correct, but people are too blindly tripping over themselves giving praise and worship to God-Emperor Hickman to care.

But by all means, attack the mentally ill. It's a great look.
    Good grief you need to chill on twisting posters words in order to paint them in a certain light to strengthen your non existent arguments. Where did that poster "attack" the mentally ill? Also, like comparing minorities to nazis, comparing bloodthirsty murderers to those who suffer with "mental illness" is in extremely poor taste.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    1) Magneto has to remove his helmet from time to time so Cerebro can record his memories in case he dies.

2) No-place seems to be outside time and space, so if she dies reality isn't reset.

1) Ha. "That was definitely a come-hither look Rogue just threw me. I must make sure I remember this." Helmet off

2) Is it, though? The one described as Moira's No-Place is just somewhere underwater, and the Infodump in issue#1 simply calls it a habitat Krakoa is unaware of.

Plus, now that I think about it, the design of the artificial flower and the creation of the No-Place network almost certainly has its roots in Moira's 9th Life when Cypher/Krakoa was a Horseman of Apocalypse.

And in addition, it's worth wondering what else was on that crystal Life 9 War/Wolverine stabbed through Apocamoira's chest in POX. Just the location of Nimrod's birth? Or maybe the downloaded memories of an En Sabah Nur who knew he was going to his death, but trusted his beloved Consort to find a suitable host for them to be downloaded into in her next life?
    Last edited by Nullviahomo; 10-04-2019 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Bad formatting