Page 38 of 106 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    They applied that law retroactively. It was kinda unfair to Sabretooth. I mean yeah he is a vicious murderer, but what about fair due process!
    He will be free on a few years. But you're right, the process was wrong, by that logic many X-men "heros" should be sentenced too.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

They applied that law retroactively. It was kinda unfair to Sabretooth. I mean yeah he is a vicious murderer, but what about fair due process!
    Perhaps Mutants just aren't limited by linear thinking like humans. Several of them can control time, after all.

I think the presumption that Mutants can't be killed because they can be resurrected is flawed, though. As of now, there's a 10-year waiting list to get resurrected and when you get brought back is entirely up to Chuck. So if you die, you better be on his good side so you can jump the queue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The first proposed law was mutants do not kill mutants and it was not passed. Apocalypse was the first to oppose it. Ororo made an ambiguous objection. Jean supported Apocalypse. Everything else is irrelevant to that event.
    I think you may be jumping the gun a little. It was only first meeting of the council. I'm pretty sure that even Apocalypse wants to create a society where any mutant can kill another willy-nilly. Such a society would cease to exist and Apocalypse is smart enough to understand that. So, I'm sure there will be laws distinguishing between acceptable and unacceptable violence.

BTW, why isn't Xavier on the list of Omega level mutants? For as long as I can remember, he was acknowledged as the most powerful tp on Earth.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 10-02-2019 at 12:53 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

He's also on trial for disobeying Magneto's order and Charles and Mystique were most likely present when he relayed those orders. The main problem is that most of the council are biased against Sabretooth anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

Did the first Council meeting remind anyone else of Game of Throne's final episode?

I don't think the Emma/Jean silencing Sabertooth moment was a commentary on their powers. If it was anything I saw it as an affirmation that Jean really hates Sabertooth. I don't know Emma's personal history with Creed, though I'm sure she finds him disgusting, but I think she could make him go full comatose if she wanted. She just gave him a warning shot.

Jean, on the other hand, has never been shy about the fact that she despises Creed. Giving him a simultaneous verbal and psionic lashing is like a low-key hobby of hers.

BANNED

Law=\= morals. An evil act dont need to be forbidden by the law to be reprehensible and deserve punishment. I swear it wasnt 48 hours ago that ppl were calling XMen hypocritical racists for letting Creed walk away from flatscan courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I don't think the Emma/Jean silencing Sabertooth moment was a commentary on their powers. If it was anything I saw it as an affirmation that Jean really hates Sabertooth. I don't know Emma's personal history with Creed, though I'm sure she finds him disgusting, but I think she could make him go full comatose if she wanted. She just gave him a warning shot.

Jean, on the other hand, has never been shy about the fact that she despises Creed. Giving him a simultaneous verbal and psionic lashing is like a low-key hobby of hers.
    This, its pretty apparent by the Quiet vs QUIET. It could only get funnier if Exodus, Sinister and Xavier piled on him as well.

Emmas run ins with Sabertooth are brief, during the Phalanx saga and in Careys run

5 telepaths on the council would cause any fits if they combined their powers

All 5 are on Exodus list
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did the first Council meeting remind anyone else of Game of Throne's final episode?
    Yuck.

No.

Don't ruin this for everyone.

Its confirmed that the xgene is not required to enter Krakoa re Broo. So he answered a lot of questions

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm here to appreciate HoX 06...not to engage in pointlessness and irrelevance.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-02-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Seeing Rapretooth get silenced by Jean and Emma and then used as an example and tossed aside like trash was such a fitting "end" to his character. Most of the council not even giving a **** or two seconds of thought. Pity Wolverine wasn't around to see it.

Watching him threaten a council of mutants mostly full of mutants who could end him in seconds was lol. What a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Its confirmed that the xgene is not required to enter Krakoa re Broo. So he answered a lot of questions
    This was confirmed in the first issue

I wish we got a scene between Uniscone and Unus and Jason, Martinque and Regan and Raven, Irene and Rogue

I've said my piece a million times in a million places, so I'll keep it short.

Wake me up when Hickman decides to actually read a comic from the last 30 years. Wake me up when entire character arcs aren't done off-panel to build his House of Krakoa/Moira/Xavier/Whatever. Wake me up when the real X-Men are back.